Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Do collegiate prospects follow Mock Drafts?
Yes 27 84.38%
No 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Do Prospects Follow Mock Drafts?

Does anyone not buy into collegiate prospects saying they do not follow mocks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously some do some don't you wouldn't see Brady Quinn nearly in tears if he didn't follow mock drafts.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Obviously some do some don't you wouldn't see Brady Quinn nearly in tears if he didn't follow mock drafts.
I would like to know the purpose of these guys lying to GMs reporters etc. during the Draft process about it.

It's not like they're committing a crime for following the boards.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 11-20-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

of course they do.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I would like to know the purpose of these guys lying to GMs reporters etc. during the Draft process about it.

It's not like they're committing a crime for following the boards.
It's just one of those things. They want GMs, owners, coaches, and even the fans thinking they're focusing on getting prepared/working hard instead of worrying about what others think of them.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously they do. Agents do for them, I know for fact. Heck, scouts and GMs do. It would be dumb not to...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how you couldn't lol, I'd be checking that **** like everyday.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I don't see how you couldn't lol, I'd be checking that **** like everyday.
Exactly...its only human nature to know where you stand.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:09 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If i'm not mistaken there was a famous story about Bill Walsh and the 49ers, jumping ahead of the Dallas Cowboys to draft Jerry Rice because they saw he was being mocked to Dallas at 17. And to think he could have been a Cowboy..
Old 11-26-2011, 03:26 AM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Just ask Channing Crowder

Quote:
“Mel Kiper and all, he messed me over, he lied to me, told me I was top 20, had me go out and spend X amount of dollars and then owe the bank stuff,” Crowder said, according to SportsRadioInterviews.com. “So I don’t know the guys. They’re guessing just like we guess. I can guess who the Dolphins are going to take too. But I look at it a little bit and hear the ‘experts,’ I guess they call them, to see what they say.”
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They do, but they also wait and see the advisory board. Some mockdrafts, for example, back in 2010, had Jake Locker pegged as a top 3 pick.

Then, the Draft Advisory Board gave him a 2nd round grade. He pulled out for another year. So, my point: They follow mock drafts to a point, but the advisory grade is pretty much what makes or breaks there decision to declare early.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do they read them? Absolutely. If you were a talented football player, wouldn't you want to read people gush about you on the internet? I mean, I don't play football but if people wanted to say nice things about me, I would like to read them.

Do they put much stock in them? As the cautionary tale of Mr. Crowder points out, they shouldn't.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:27 AM    (permalink
Weeze
Rookie

Weeze could make a wolverine purr.Weeze could make a wolverine purr.Weeze could make a wolverine purr.Weeze could make a wolverine purr.Weeze could make a wolverine purr.Weeze could make a wolverine purr.

I think that some of players don't put too much stock into them, but there are players that obviously do. Wasn't Michael Crabtree's holdout based on the fact that he wanted a contract equal to or greater than heyward-bey because the experts thought crabtree was better than him?
Weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeze View Post
I think that some of players don't put too much stock into them, but there are players that obviously do. Wasn't Michael Crabtree's holdout based on the fact that he wanted a contract equal to or greater than heyward-bey because the experts thought crabtree was better than him?
That scenario makes a lot of sense.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 11-28-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

Of course they do. And they read message boards. Most probably get some good entertainment out of it all.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying they "follow" mock drafts, but they all definitely look at them from time to time. Without websites to organize all of the players into positions and rankings it'd just be a mess and there wouldn't be any consensus, and no emotion in the draft at all.

Not sure how many prospects look at multiple mocks and not just Kiper/McShay's, but they definitely know what the expectations are, at least for the first round.

Last edited by GaMeTiMe : 11-28-2011 at 08:27 PM.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:05 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If i'm not mistaken there was a famous story about Bill Walsh and the 49ers, jumping ahead of the Dallas Cowboys to draft Jerry Rice because they saw he was being mocked to Dallas at 17. And to think he could have been a Cowboy..
it wasn't because of a mock draft, it was due to the Cowboys showing interest in him prior to the draft.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
Not sure how many prospects look at multiple mocks and not just Kiper/McShay's, but they definitely know what the expectations are, at least for the first round.
If they don't personally know about other mocks, I'm sure they have friends and family who will tell them about it.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Do they read them? Absolutely. If you were a talented football player, wouldn't you want to read people gush about you on the internet? I mean, I don't play football but if people wanted to say nice things about me, I would like to read them.

Do they put much stock in them? As the cautionary tale of Mr. Crowder points out, they shouldn't.
lol its not always very nice
Old 11-29-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

stl705 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think a lot of them try not to read into it.. obviously they know what people are saying about them, a message board or individual mock draft tells them nothing they don't already know.. this is their agents and I would bet the locks are for family and friends to debate publicly... most of these guys think their the best anyway, a mock draft would be putting them lower in their own eyes.
stl705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:02 AM    (permalink
akvikefan89
Veteran

akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet they look at the "big" ones (aka Kiper, Mayock, etc.)

But I doubt they scrounge the internet eating em all up...

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com
akvikefan89 is offline   Reply With Quote