Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-02-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

occurred? unfolded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
occurred? unfolded?
Thanks. Writer's block...

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Why not have the NFL take a greater role in the hiring of lower level coordinators? Make a draft where you take coaches from the college ranks? I don't really know, but the NFL needs to hold their teams accountable to public perception, not to some ******* ratio.
Instead of having the Rooney rule for just head coaches have it used on position coaches/assistants. If you watch when a coach leaves to go to another team he usually takes a couple guys from the last staff to his new one. How come no one questions that? I am not saying this is or isn't the solution but it's just something to consider.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think this rule should have been needed in the first place. Don't get me wrong, now that it's here, it may be a good thing but who knows for sure. What says that some GMs interview minority coaches and write them off even before they get in the door, just to say they abided to the Rooney Rule. If a coach is fit out for the job in terms of X's and O's and leadership and whatever other qualities a Gm is looking for then he should get the job regardless of his race. Unfortunately, it's not like that. The GMs and owners are more old school dating back to the segregation times and they may or may not still be prejudice. Without getting into politics, I think once a new generation of GMs and Owners sweep through the front offices, this rule wont even be needed.

The Rooney Rule just brings out the race issue more so than doing away with it. Should it be a rule? No. I think if the owner and GM are that devoted to winning, they will pick the best HC for their team despite race. I am very skeptical of any GMs/Owners being racists but there's always that small chance. I just thought working in such a diverse industry that race was a non factor. I must have thought wrong.

There was a thread on this: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...ht=Rooney+Rule

It was locked but take it for FWIW

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 + t - 8 = 0
t

It is really easy. I'm just not thinking straight right now.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

(12/t) + t = 8
12 + (t^2) = 8t
(t^2) - 8t + 12 = 0
then solve
(t - 2) (t - 6) = 0
so t is 2 or 6

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
(12/t) + t = 8
12 + (t^2) = 8t
(t^2) - 8t + 12 = 0
then solve
(t - 2) (t - 6) = 0
so t is 2 or 6
Lol ok yeah. Got that right before you posted this. Thanks.

One more?

10 + ----- 2n-5 = 2n+5
n^2-1 ----- n-1 -- n+1

I apologize. I'm sure this is easy as well. I know I have to get the LCD.

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 02-04-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I assume this is meant to be (10/(n^2)-1) + ((2n-5)/(n-1)) = (2n + 5) / (n+1)

You need to rearrange n^2 - 1 to (n-1)(n+1), then multiply through the whole thing by (n - 1) and then (n + 1), once you have multiplied through you should have:

10 + (2n-5)(n+1) = (2n+5)(n-1)

multiply out the brackets and rearrange until you get an equation in the form a^2n + bn + c = 0, then solve.

Last edited by UKfan : 02-04-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I assume this is meant to be (10/(n^2)-1) + ((2n-5)/(n-1)) = (2n + 5) / (n+1)

You need to rearrange n^2 - 1 to (n-1)(n+1), then multiply through the whole thing by (n - 1) and then (n + 1), rearrange until you get an equation in the form a^2n + bn + c = 0 then solve like before, I don't have a pen and paper handy to solve right now but hope that helps.
It does. The rearrangement is what was throwing me off.

Thanks.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brits may beat us in mathematical skill, but at least we don't have massive overbites. =P

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I got it! YES!

Took forever.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

How to factor x^2 - 2x?

Like I said, not my best mathmatical day.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
How to factor x^2 - 2x?

Like I said, not my best mathmatical day.
x(x-2)

i believe that's what you're looking for

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Err. Wow.

Thank you.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Brits may beat us in mathematical skill, but at least we don't have massive overbites. =P
Woooo! Go overbites!

Actually I did my degree in maths, was cool to see I still remember somethings haha.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have an English exercise which is an all or nothing grade. All I have to do is write 4 lines of dialogue between two people. I have to get it 100% correct in order to get the "E" grade(Excellent). So is this 100% perfect, and no comma, parentheses, periods, punctuation wrong? Thanks a ton. +Rep to whoever helps thanks. Here is the Dialogue:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Man, it’s really hot in here,” I said.

He grinned and said, “Wait ‘till you walk into the pressing room.”

“Oh really,”

“Yeah, really.” he said as he wiped the sweat off his brow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this perfect?

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
I have an English exercise which is an all or nothing grade. All I have to do is write 4 lines of dialogue between two people. I have to get it 100% correct in order to get the "E" grade(Excellent). So is this 100% perfect, and no comma, parentheses, periods, punctuation wrong? Thanks a ton. +Rep to whoever helps thanks. Here is the Dialogue:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Oh really?”

“Yeah, really,” he said as he wiped the sweat off his brow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this perfect?
made a few adjustments....can't guarantee 100% correct

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:

“Oh really,”

Is this perfect?
Grammar is my worst subject, but 'Oh really' I think has a period due to it being purely dialogue.

And then yeah really should hae a comma, not a period.

It is my worse subject. So I may be wrong.

I probably seem pretty unintelligent in this thread. Oh well. I'm not (unintelligent that is).

BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
made a few adjustments....can't guarantee 100% correct
I also think those are correct.

Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

“Oh really,”

Is this perfect?
Instead of saying "Oh really", you have to put a ? after the really since it's a question.

No rep needed.

That's all I answered since the other two guys got it.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be on the safe side give "He" a name. It might be too vague if you don't.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Instead of saying "Oh really", you have to put a ? after the really since it's a question.

No rep needed.
Is there a comma after really?

Old 02-04-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
To be on the safe side give "He" a name. It might be too vague if you don't.
I agree, depending on what grade he is in clarification may be needed.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Is there a comma after really?
I believe so.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

“Man, it’s really hot in here” I said.

“Oh, really?"

“Yeah, really!” he said, as he wiped the sweat off his brow.

English teacher FTW

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote