Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-04-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comma after the first line?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
“Man, it’s really hot in here” I said.

He grinned and said, “Wait ‘till you walk into the pressing room.”

“Oh, really?"

“Yeah, really!” he said, as he wiped the sweat off his brow.

English teacher FTW
I'd substitute the second "said" with the word "replied".
Old 02-04-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'd substitute the second "said" with the word "replied".
That doesn't matter. It doesn't make it wrong per say.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, but a little variety never hurt anyone.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
But the grade is for correctness and I do not believe the asker of the question is in the grade that would take credit away for word variance.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friend says he has a hot Spanish teacher but I don't know if I should believe him. Should I tag along one day and see if he's telling the truth, or realize that it's 20 degrees out and just go home?

Also... if anyone is familiar with math 151 WebWork and just wants to log into my account and do mine for me, that would be cool.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It would sound a lot better. Something doesn't have to be wrong to be improved.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any english studs wanna help me out with these terms?

anaphora

aside

Bildungsroman

catharsis

colloquial

denouement

epigram

in medias res

stream-of-consciousness

suspension of disbelief

any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't trust half these definitions i'm finding on teh interwebz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

anaphora

aside

Bildungsroman

catharsis

colloquial

denouement

epigram

in medias res

stream-of-consciousness

suspension of disbelief

any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't trust half these definitions i'm finding on teh interwebz
www.google.com

www.dictionary.com

kthxbai
Old 02-04-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

anaphora

aside

Bildungsroman

catharsis

colloquial

denouement

epigram

in medias res

stream-of-consciousness

suspension of disbelief

Bildungsroman is a novel with a young protagonist who develops throughout.

Stream of consciousness is a literary technique to reveal a characters thoughts through his or her...thoughts.

But I would go with dictionary.com.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anaphora - repeating the same word or words and the start of a verse

aside - lines in a play to be heard by the audience but not to be heard by other characters (intended for the audience only - can be heard by the actors, but the point is that the characters don't hear it)

Bildungsroman- done above

catharsis - OK I don't know this one LOL - you got me

colloquial - informal speech patterns

denouement - revelation of a plot

epigram - style of poetry

in medias res- Again, I don't know

stream-of-consciousness - stated already

suspension of disbelief - willing to believe an event is taking place in a story despite knowing it could not happen (fantasy fiction)

Old 02-04-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

From dictionary.com

yeah it was killing me

Catharsis 1. the purging of the emotions or relieving of emotional tensions, esp. through certain kinds of art, as tragedy or music.

in medias res Latin - in the middle of things.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
It would sound a lot better. Something doesn't have to be wrong to be improved.

I don't disagree, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
But the grade is for correctness and I do not believe the asker of the question is in the grade that would take credit away for word variance.
like he said. ;)

Old 02-05-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ohhh so close. Everything was right in my dialogue, but this one tiny mistake. I guess I needed to put a comma in this line:

“Man, it’s really hot in here,” I said.

It doesn't really make sense to me, but whatever.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
ohhh so close. Everything was right in my dialogue, but this one tiny mistake. I guess I needed to put a comma in this line:

I thought I said that.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
said and replied are overrated articles anyway. if you can get away without using them like cormac mccarthy... you're golden.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

How to solve...

x^3 + 2x^2 - 3x

?

Blanking on how to factor it.

and...

1 +/- root of -23

It is the quadratic formula.

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 02-05-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post

Screw that. Your teacher must be British. According to SAU, you do not need a comma there.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
How to solve...

x^3 + 2x^2 - 3x

?

Blanking on how to factor it.

and...

1 +/- root of -23

It is the quadratic formula.
x(x+3)(x-1)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess you could just factor out the x to make it;

x(x^2+2x-3)

then factor the inside;

x(x+3)(x-1)

As for the 2nd question, you cannot square root a negative number, therefore there are no real roots.

Now for my question, does anyone know the minimum, maximum and average length of contracts for people serving in the American military (army, navy, and etc.).

Thanks

edit- +rep btw for an answer.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
I guess you could just factor out the x to make it;

x(x^2+2x-3)

then factor the inside;

x(x+3)(x-1)

As for the 2nd question, you cannot square root a negative number, therefore there are no real roots.

Now for my question, does anyone know the minimum, maximum and average length of contracts for people serving in the American military (army, navy, and etc.).

Thanks

Got to get the imaginaries.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post

Thanks

You should PM SuperKevin or even CJ. I think he was in the army.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Minimum for the Army is two years, max is 6 years (officers upon receiving their commission must stay in 8 years, but that is not an enlistment) and the average is 4 years. That was in 96. I'm sure you can find out at www.goarmy.com

Old 02-06-2009, 02:20 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
How do you separate a mixture of sand, iron, and salt by using physical processes?
I know this is way way late but i cant not answer it omg

pour mixture through a coffee filter into a beaker so you are left with the sand and iron and the salt is still in the water solution. use a magnet to seperate the iron from the sand, evaporate the water and it leaves the salt crystals behind.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
I know this is way way late but i cant not answer it omg

pour mixture through a coffee filter into a beaker so you are left with the sand and iron and the salt is still in the water solution. use a magnet to seperate the iron from the sand, evaporate the water and it leaves the salt crystals behind.
also a solution:

use diluted hydrochloric acid. add pure sodium. make more salt.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote