Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-04-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Are there any history guys in here? How did mercantilism effect the formation of the european nation states in the 1600's forward?
Dude, that is way to vague to answer without writing a multipage essay on it. But I will just write what I would use as a thesis.

Mercantilism led to a rapid increase in wealth among the European nations, after which, they began colonizing the world.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Oh, I could write a book on this one.

To be really brief - I'll send you some stuff later if you'd like - the initial purpose behind the American compulsory education system stems from the industrial revolution. Due to a lack of basic skills in many vocational areas, schools were established as a means to not only educate, but to take care of kids when parents were working (this being far more predominant in larger cities). The mannerism in which it has grown from those beginnings to the NCLB monster you see today have a great deal to do with the "American Dream" concept that an education leads to success.

In 2009, any fool can see the need for a basic compulsory education, but the manner in which it is delivered is now flawed (IMO), because so much has changed. Why we go and what it is supposed to do for us is the same; to provide a basic academic platform in order to prepare us for the vocational field.
The problem as it stands now is this:
Arguement side A - Not everyone is going to be a doctor, lawyer, astronaut so why give them that much. Prepare them for the field they will most likely end up in.

Arguement side B - Since when did we become a society that decides and casts people into certain vocational fields. People should have everything they need in order to choose which they wish to be.

I could go on, give me more specific questions and I'll help you out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21 View Post
That is a question sounds like it's asking more for your opinion than anything else. There is really no one answer to those questions. I'm guessing that the textbook is asking you for your opinion.
My professor gives us a journal entry question before every class to "warm us up." This was today's and I found it rather interesting. I'll admit it myself that I'm not really good at thinking outside the box, which is what I use this board for other than football; for other perspectives.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Dude, that is way to vague to answer without writing a multipage essay on it. But I will just write what I would use as a thesis.

Mercantilism led to a rapid increase in wealth among the European nations, after which, they began colonizing the world.
you can't forget greed when you bring in mercantilism. with greed lent to nationalism which lead to... lots of wars, the annexation of countries. the french revolution... great philosophers

look at what the dutch did. go read probably one of the greatest pieces of literature in the english language: heart of darkness.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
you can't forget greed when you bring in mercantilism. with greed lent to nationalism which lead to... lots of wars, the annexation of countries. the french revolution... great philosophers

look at what the dutch did. go read probably one of the greatest pieces of literature in the english language: heart of darkness.
There has always been lots of wars. There has only been something like 150 years of peace in all of recorded human history.

It's just that the European countries were so poor during the Middle Ages that only a few of them could hold places not under there direct control, and even then only for brief periods of time.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PM me if you have any insight on this because it's a sure fire to get this thread locked.

Define racism.
How does racism effect authority?
How does authority effect racism?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I give like 4 article links, would someone cite them in MLA format. I feel like a ******, I really do.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/library/workshop/citmla.htm

read the notes at the bottom

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

websitess do it 4 u now
Old 04-02-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
If I give like 4 article links, would someone cite them in MLA format. I feel like a ******, I really do.
go to www.easybib.com they will do the MLA format for free.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone wanna write me a 2500 word paper on this question? Its worth 45% of my final mark, due tomorrow :D

What were the proximate/primary causes of the rise and fall of the post-war order? In asserting that certain factors were relatively more important than others you are making certain ontological and epistemological assumptions, what are they and why are they reasonably made?

Im 700 words in and I already want to shoot myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am having a brain fart right now. Can someone think of a state with an economy that benefits from a natural resource?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Wally03
Rookie

Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I am having a brain fart right now. Can someone think of a state with an economy that benefits from a natural resource?
West Virginia & Pennsylvania - Coal
Alaska - Oil
Wally03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
My President is Black
Rookie

My President is Black hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Montana and coal production?
My President is Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta write an essay about a play I watched in english, Death of a Salesmen, I want to write about the relationship between Willy Loman and Biff. If any of you seen the play and want to list some thoughts about their relation between them would be nice. :D

Last edited by bantx : 04-06-2009 at 06:57 PM.
bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of symbolism in that play

Willy feels responsible for the fact that Biff hasn't made anything of his life. The seeds he plants are symbolic of false hopes, both (seeds and hopes) will die and never be fruitful. English Teachers love it when you talk about symbolism. Willy takes Biff's failure and lack of ambition as a reflection of his abilities as a father.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone want to help me out for some essay questions I might face on my test tomorrow? Just need some bulleted points to help me BS the essays. Much rep to those that help. Here they are.

1. Fully describe why and how state legislatures have been improved and professionalized, and explain both the process and the logic of how state legislatures pass laws.

2. Fully describe the formal and informal powers of governors, and the factors that make the administrative responsibilities of a governor more challenging (usually) than those of most private sector CEO's.

3. Fully explain the three problems unique to public bureaucracies-- explain a) what they are, b) why they occur in public organizations, and c) what can be done about them.

4. Fully explain the process, logic, and possible problems/limitations of contracting or privatization.

5. Fully explain the chronic issues surrounding state court systems, i.e., judicial selection, judicial discipline, and, especially, workload.

6. Fully describe the three phases/stages of urban development in the U.S., and what is involved with the so-called "urban dilemma."

7. Fully describe the goals/rationale of the Progressive Movement with respect to local government, and the major structural reforms advocated (i.e., explain at least special districts, commission government, strong mayoral government, council-manager government, and civil service)-- explain what each reform is, the logic behind each reform, and the result.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bumping back up.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone know Finite Element and ANSYS and how to use them well
Old 04-09-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

number 3, they are full of idiots who couldnt hit a barn door with a shovel, they are all major tools and they should get a life :)
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know where I can watch criminal trials online? I need to watch a trial and then write a paper about it.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
number 3, they are full of idiots who couldnt hit a barn door with a shovel, they are all major tools and they should get a life :)
Hahaha. Well, he surprised us with two out of the seven, and that was one of them. I also got number six. Remarkably, those were the two I studied the most. I think I aced it.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any accounting majors in here?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Is there any accounting majors in here?
No, but if you have an essay due, you may want me to check it first.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
No, but if you have an essay due, you may want me to check it first.
I'll check CJ's work. :D
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote