Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-19-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When do you need it by? I have a degree in Maths but it's ******* late and i am a bit drunk, if it can wait a day pm me maybe...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
When do you need it by? I have a degree in Maths but it's ******* late and i am a bit drunk, if it can wait a day pm me maybe...
Tonight haha, assignment is due first thing tomorrow.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:18 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who likes finance? i am far too hungover to even look at this right now

Discuss the nature and purpose of derivative products. In your answer consider the different types of derivative products, the risks managed by these products and the differences between exchange-traded contracts and over-the-counter contracts.

There will be excessive man kissing for anybody who feels the need to answer this.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright guys. I suck at science, plus I'm working on some other stuff for this class right now, so I was hoping one of you science wizzes could help me out here. I'll give loads of rep.....

Design an experiment using the scientific method. You may use a problem encountered in your everyday lives or base your experiment on the sample provided below. Include in your report the following: Identify a problem, state the hypothesis and null hypothesis, indicate the experimental and control groups including the variables tested, provide results (may make up numbers if necessary), analyze the results and draw some conclusions.

Sample: Tumor cells are cells that are able to divide and provide new cells at uncontrolled rates. Therefore, in a short amount of time, a single mutated tumor cell can generate many other tumor cells. These cells can eventually take over the human body, resulting in death. But, for these tumor cells to survive they need nutrition and oxygen just like normal cells. Tumor cells are interesting in that they can release a substance, a protein, that will cause blood vessels to grow towards the ball of tumor cells! This process by which blood vessels grow is called angiogenesis. Blood vessels are required because they are the route by which cells will receive nutrition and oxygen. Therefore, if there were a chemical that could interrupt the growth of the blood vessels towards the ball of tumor cells then it is conceivable that the growth of the tumor could be slowed or halted all together. A protein, called endostatin, has been isolated and you want to determine its effect on the growth of blood vessels. An interesting bit of information you discovered while doing your library research is that tumor cells can be grown outside of the body in a culture dish. To you, this seems a perfect method to test endostatin and its affects on tumor cells. By having the tumor cells and blood vessels isolated in a culture dish you can easily control the environmental conditions. Based on this information, design an experiment to test whether endostatin affects blood vessel growth with tumor cells.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't really concentrate right now, so thoughts on this one

"AIDS drugs can extend a life span. Their high cost puts them out of reach of most developing countries, which urgently need them. Should the United States goverment offer incentives to American drug companies to sell AIDS drugs to developing countries at a discount? What about AIDS patients at home? Who actually ends up paying? "
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The American tax-payer. These pharmaceutical companies would just raise the price on non-AIDS related medications to compensate for what they didn't make in the AIDS related sales.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright an easy accounting question, that I'm having a tiny bit of trouble with.

A company makes a partial payment of $100 on a $3200 account.

the way I have it so far is:

Debit: Cash - $100
Credit: Accounts Rec. - $100

Do I have to worry about the the other $3100 at all? Do I have to make a another journal entry for it?
Old 09-17-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If i'm not mistaken, you also have a T account for Liabilities, where you have the 3200, correct?
Old 09-17-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

correct.....
Old 09-17-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hm, i'm a little rusty, but you might have to credit Accounts Receivable and debit Liabilities as well. Or backwards. Not entirely sure.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Alright an easy accounting question, that I'm having a tiny bit of trouble with.

Do I have to worry about the the other $3100 at all? Do I have to make a another journal entry for it?
I think you've got it, but I'm fairly rusty.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok i know we have a lot of math people on here so im looking for some help generating formulas with n given inputs and outputs. a2=a^2 to make it easier.

n= 1
b

n=2
ac+2b

n=3
3ac+3b

n=4
6ac+4b

n=5
10ac+5b

n= 1
b

n=2
ab+bd

n=3
a2b + abd + bd2

n=4
a3b + a2bd + abd2 + bd3

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Last edited by B-Dawk : 09-24-2009 at 07:08 PM.
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:27 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"AIDS drugs can extend a life span. Their high cost puts them out of reach of most developing countries, which urgently need them. Should the United States goverment offer incentives to American drug companies to sell AIDS drugs to developing countries at a discount? What about AIDS patients at home? Who actually ends up paying? "
Not to mention, as horrible as this sounds, but the AIDS actually is helping to control the overpopulation in Africa which in a sick way is helping the environment. Also, can certainly be argued that by extending their lives, you also extend their opportunity to breed and worsen the epidemic. Horrible situation where really no one wins though.

Quote:

Spot on assuming that the original treatment of the $3,200 was correct. So assuming it is a company paying you(which isn't how I read the original statement) either way, flip it to accs payable if it isnt...

Originally when the sale was made(account created) should have had the following -

DR Accounts Receivable - 3200
CR Sales - 3200

Then there is the additional journal now to acknowledge the receipt of cash.

DR Cash at Bank - 100
CR Accounts Receivable - 100

If you have to bring in the original amount then just merge the two journals.

Also, I post that assuming there are no discount conditions on their payment, if so adding the discount makes things a bit more fun.

Let me know if you need any more clarification.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:39 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn I wish I knew this thread was here before..... prepare to have the dumbest questions ever asked on monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need some help with the economics problems, I don't know why engineers have to take this class its a waste.

John deposits $1000 in a saving account that which pays 12% per year compounded monthly. 2 years later, he deposits $2000 but now the interest rate pays 15% compounded quarterly. 1 year later, he decides to buy a car and he retires half of the amount that is in the savings account, and place the rest into an account that pays interest at a rate of 12% compounded continuously for a period of 5 years. How much would be in the account at the end of the investment period?

If you can do this in excel it would help, I'll send you how much i have done so you can help me check it.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Snorlax1
Rookie

Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I need some help with the economics problems, I don't know why engineers have to take this class its a waste.

John deposits $1000 in a saving account that which pays 12% per year compounded monthly. 2 years later, he deposits $2000 but now the interest rate pays 15% compounded quarterly. 1 year later, he decides to buy a car and he retires half of the amount that is in the savings account, and place the rest into an account that pays interest at a rate of 12% compounded continuously for a period of 5 years. How much would be in the account at the end of the investment period?

If you can do this in excel it would help, I'll send you how much i have done so you can help me check it.
Really? You are an engineer and cant do a simple compounding interest problem? Must be civil engineering.
Snorlax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, if any of you ever want a paper proofed or need some sort of input, I am always available. I wont write your paper, but I enjoy helping edit/proof papers. Also, I can give any input you may want on any thing you write.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
By the way, if any of you ever want a paper proofed or need some sort of input, I am always available. I wont write your paper, but I enjoy helping edit/proof papers. Also, I can give any input you may want on any thing you write.
You took one look at that economics problem and said "Damn, I'm glad I teach English!"

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I looked at it and said "damn, i hope that i never have to teach econ"

I almost failed an intro to econ class.... after i had already earned my BA in History. It was embarrassing. :(
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

ill give it a try.

1000$ * (1+ 0.12/12)^24 is for the first 2 years.

After that you add 2000 and it should be

(1000$ * (1+ 0.12/12)^24 + 2000$) * (1 + 0.15/4)^4

after that u take half of it so

((1000$ * (1+ 0.12/12)^24 + 2000$) * (1 + 0.15/4)^4)/2 * e^(5*0.12)

I hope thats correct. Im not sure though since i only know the german terms

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorlax1 View Post
Really? You are an engineer and cant do a simple compounding interest problem? Must be civil engineering.
No mechanical. This is simple?
Old 10-10-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

check above

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

okay, I guess it works. I'll have more question soon.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

alright here is one more

Many Chemicals Unlimited purchases a computer-controlled filter for $100,000. Half of the purchase price is borrowed from a bank at 15% compounded annually, and the rest will be financed with owns company money (still need to be included in the cash flow). The loan is to be paid back with 5 equal annual payments over a 5-year period. The filter is expected to last 10 years, at which time it will have a salvage value of $10,000. Over the 10-year period operating and maintenance costs are anticipated to equal $20,000 year; however, by making the investment, annual fines of $50,000 for pollution will be avoided. The firm expects to earn 12% on its investments. Determine each of the following measures of investment worth and state whether or not the filter purchase was economically sound.
Find
Present worth
Annual worth
Future worth
Internal rate of return
External rate of return
Old 10-10-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Snorlax1
Rookie

Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snorlax1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No mechanical. This is simple?
Compared to differential equations that is required of all engineers at my school, yes simple algebra is simple.

*** Ork Wang is right on the first question. Answers $3451.52.

Last edited by Snorlax1 : 10-11-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Snorlax1 is offline   Reply With Quote