Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-20-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Ok, so I have to write a definition paper on an abstract word (like art, terrorism, happiness, etc).

Anybody got any interesting ideas? Due to the massive blowup of social networking in the past five years, I think I'm gonna go with "friend."
Love would be my choice.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, what are some differences between men and women when it comes to how they spend their time? Factually speaking of course. Who sleeps longer on average? Who spends more time at work, etc.

Any good sites for info on this?
Old 09-20-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Any philosophy majors that are familiar with symbolic logic?

If satan taught a class, this would be it. It's the class from hell.
Me. I am a major and took the class last semester. what do you need to know.

also yfs depending on your teacher they might not consider "friend" abstract.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
aLARGEtopHat
Rookie

aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Ok, so I have to write a definition paper on an abstract word (like art, terrorism, happiness, etc).

Anybody got any interesting ideas? Due to the massive blowup of social networking in the past five years, I think I'm gonna go with "friend."
resonance.
aLARGEtopHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to read a book, it has to be about US History. Something about colonization, wars, slavery. **** along those lines.

Any suggestions?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
aLARGEtopHat
Rookie

aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I need to read a book, it has to be about US History. Something about colonization, wars, slavery. **** along those lines.

Any suggestions?
I recently read Daniel Vickers Two Centuries of Work in Essex County, Massachusetts, hoping he could give me some insight into the evolution of the market economy in the early colonies. My contention was that prior to the Revolutionary War the economic modalities especially of the southern colonies could most aptly be characterized as a agrarian pre-revolutionary utopia with the capital-forming effects of military mobilization based on my reading of Wood. But I now tend to feel Wood drastically underestimates the impact of social distinction as predicated upon wealth, especially inherited wealth.

Also there is A People's History of the United States by Zinn if you haven't read that.
aLARGEtopHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post

Any suggestions?
The three I've had to read are:
Narrative of the life of Henry Box Brown
-Henry runs away and he struggles for his freedom.
For Cause and Comrades
-Why men fought in the Civil War.
Roanoke, The Abandoned Colony
-About the development of Roanoke, how it came to be and why it failed.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werowance View Post
The three I've had to read are:
Narrative of the life of Henry Box Brown
-Henry runs away and he struggles for his freedom.
For Cause and Comrades
-Why men fought in the Civil War.
Roanoke, The Abandoned Colony
-About the development of Roanoke, how it came to be and why it failed.
All those look like an interesting read. Thanx

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-21-2010, 05:38 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLARGEtopHat View Post
I recently read Daniel Vickers Two Centuries of Work in Essex County, Massachusetts, hoping he could give me some insight into the evolution of the market economy in the early colonies. My contention was that prior to the Revolutionary War the economic modalities especially of the southern colonies could most aptly be characterized as a agrarian pre-revolutionary utopia with the capital-forming effects of military mobilization based on my reading of Wood. But I now tend to feel Wood drastically underestimates the impact of social distinction as predicated upon wealth, especially inherited wealth.
Wood drastically underestimates the impact of social distinctions predicated upon wealth, especially inherited wealth. You got that from Vickers, Work in Essex County, page 98, right? Yeah, I read that one too. Were you gonna plagiarize the whole thing for us? Do you have any thoughts of your own on this matter?

Old 09-21-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

It's from amazon customer book review.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-21-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go with The Killer Angels by Micheal Shaara. It's about the Battle of Gettysburg. Such a great book and a fun read.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Wood drastically underestimates the impact of social distinctions predicated upon wealth, especially inherited wealth. You got that from Vickers, Work in Essex County, page 98, right? Yeah, I read that one too. Were you gonna plagiarize the whole thing for us? Do you have any thoughts of your own on this matter?
this reminds me of Good Will Hunting

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 09-22-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Does it? Does it really?

Old 09-22-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anybody any good with group theory here?

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can one of you proofread a paper for me? preferrably an english nazi, but i'll settle for someone who is good with philosophy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
can one of you proofread a paper for me? preferrably an english nazi, but i'll settle for someone who is good with philosophy.
I could do it, but you probably want someone more qualified. I think CJ is like an English teacher.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-26-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alright i'll pm it to you, or do you want me to email u the document?

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

You can e-mail me the document and I'll take a look at it. I'll PM you my e-mail address. When do you need this by?

Old 09-26-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

it's due at 12 MST tomorrow, but I would really like to print it off before 9:30 my time tomorrow morning. i sent the email. thanks man!

Quote:

Old 09-26-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

I'm a philosophy major, so I could help with any problems you have with ideas. But CJ would be better than I for proofreading and writing skills.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 09-26-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
I'm a philosophy major, so I could help with any problems you have with ideas. But CJ would be better than I for proofreading and writing skills.
are you familiar with the idealogy of Socrates and his apology?

Quote:

Old 09-26-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
are you familiar with the idealogy of Socrates and his apology?
I am. what are you questions?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

no, actually.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 09-26-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
no, actually.
I majored in rhetoric, 90% of my studying involved Socrates. I think I got a handle on him. Also, I already helped jballa. So, I win, ******.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

**** you bro :(

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote: