Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-10-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Just curious Xio what college do you go to?

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy555 View Post
Just curious Xio what college do you go to?
Oakland University
Old 11-11-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I need some help with a college assignment folks . . .

I am having some difficulty coming up with an idea to write a story on for one of my Journalism classes . . . The assignment is to identify a growing trend among college students or a trend of universities.

Can anyone think of some good ideas? +Rep for anyone who helps me out.
The impending increase in brain cancer thanks to cell phone usage imo.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oakland University
i got an idea, compare people's prefered movie with cumulative GPA.
by preferred i mean by genre. like comedy, drama, action, scary, thriller, documentary, etc.
i think it would be investigative.
is that oakland university in oakland, ca or somewhere else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The impending increase in brain cancer thanks to cell phone usage imo.
That topic may be a little too ambitious for me . . . I only have until Friday to write the article . . . that topic would take me years to research, lol.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
i got an idea, compare people's prefered movie with cumulative GPA.
by preferred i mean by genre. like comedy, drama, action, scary, thriller, documentary, etc.
i think it would be investigative.
is that oakland university in oakland, ca or somewhere else?
It's in Rochester, Michigan

You may remember us as the little school who surprisingly made the NCAA Tournament in 2005, winning the play-in game, and proceeding to get stomped by #1 seed North Carolina . . .
Old 11-11-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's in Rochester, Michigan

You may remember us as the little school who surprisingly made the NCAA Tournament in 2005, winning the play-in game, and proceeding to get stomped by #1 seed North Carolina . . .
oh yeah i remember. werent you below .500>?
do u like my idea?

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
oh yeah i remember. werent you below .500>?
do u like my idea?
No, we just didn't have a great record. We were a big surprise winner for our conference tournament, and that means an automatic bid.

Interesting idea . . . not so sure it would be considered a trend . . . its more of a psycological study . . .
Old 11-11-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
No, we just didn't have a great record. We were a big surprise winner for our conference tournament, and that means an automatic bid.

Interesting idea . . . not so sure it would be considered a trend . . . its more of a psycological study . . .
thats true. i got nothing.
the nintendo wii is a trend. maybe you could go console/GPA report.

EDIT: people/males that have video game systems with them in college/ play video games daily/etc will have lower/higher GPAs then ones that dont play video games.

Quote:

Old 11-11-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone teach me 3rd semester calculus by tomorrow?
Old 11-12-2007, 03:11 AM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I need some help with a college assignment folks . . .

I am having some difficulty coming up with an idea to write a story on for one of my Journalism classes . . . The assignment is to identify a growing trend among college students or a trend of universities.

Can anyone think of some good ideas? +Rep for anyone who helps me out.
yeah the trite and crotchety response would be something with a negative undertone regarding cell phones/mp3 players and the downfall of humanity.

Maybe how college kids are all indie ****?
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Chaucer
Rookie

Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlharsh View Post

Maybe how college kids are all indie ****?
Could you expand on this?
Chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Need some help on my Works Cited page for my MLA research paper of Vietnam.
Can someone tell me the order of what they are suppose to be in I always forget and if you see any mistakes can u post them. Thanks.

“U.S. Involvement.” Info Please. 2007. Columbia University Press. 28 Nov 2007<www.infoplease.com>

Pendergast, Tom, ed. American Decades 1960-1969. Detroit: Thomson Gale, 2003.

“Vietnam War Timeline.” Vietnam War. 2007. Vietnamwar.com. 27 Nov 2007<www.vietnamwar.com>

"Vietnam War Events." History Central. 2007. History Central. 8 Dec 2007 <http://www.multied.com/vietnam/events.html>.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We often hear people speak of "the Church" in the Middle Ages as if the Church was a monolithic entity, directing all actions in Christendom. Yet over the course of the semester we’ve talked about how Christianity was more complex than this, that it included a variety of individuals such as monks and nuns, bishops and the Pope, as well as the laity, and that it changed over time. Discuss the ideal of “the Church” and the ideal of a pope who leads Christendom (i.e. papal monarchy) put forth by numerous individuals. Also discuss when this ideal was closest to being realized (specific time period and events) and how it fell out of favor with the crises in the church, and society, in the Late Middle Ages

anybody?
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any really good spanish speakers here? gotta write a paragraph in espanol and could perhaps use some help translating when i start it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For my Computer Science Class. Question for all the adults who has actually done some grown up things in there lives:

EXERCISE 1:
1.You are considering purchasing a used car that will cost you $15,000. You will be making a down payment of $2,500. You've agreed to an annual interest rate (APR) of 7.5%, with payments of $199 per month. Enter these values into the spreadsheet.

2.What is the dealer's cost for the vehicle? _____

3.At the end of the first year, what is the approximate value of your vehicle? _____

4.How much will you owe on your loan at the end of the first year? _____

5.At the end of the first year, will you be "upside down" (owe more than the vehicle is worth)? _____

6. Assuming you never miss a payment, approximately how many years will it take before you are no longer "upside down"? _____

7.Approximately how many years will it take to pay off your car loan? _____

8.Let's assume you decide to trade the car in for a new car at the end of the third year. What might be the negative aspects of such a transaction? _____

Some how I'm suppose to do all the calculation on Excel. And I'm a computer savy guy, but excel is my Achilles Heel. I'm a business major I should know this , yes. But this stuff just went over my head. Anyone with a clue?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2. The dealer's cost i assume would be whatever is left to be paid, so at the point of sale is 12500. (not very sure about that one)

3. Using the future value formula, the value of your down payment in one year would be $2403.84. Add that to the growing future value of each payment you make ($185.98) monthly ($2231.77 total) and the nominal value is $4635.61.

4. No clue yet. (i'll edit later)

5. Yes, obviously

6. See 4

7. See 6

8. Well after you adjust what you've paid for to the inflation after the third year, you'll realize that to anyone else that car is no where near worth what you've paid for it. The only person that car has the value you paid for, is you.

And if you do it to take out another car, the vicious cycle starts again.

We're going through some of this stuff in Micro, but i'm a good ways from entering my Finance core, so i did what i could to help, and for some good ol practice since i'm probably gonna be doing this for a good chunk of my life.

If it's wrong, please correct it so i can learn myself.

Edit - If anyone needs help with Spanish, you got yourself a good ol mezzican right here to help. I'm fluent.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 04-09-2008 at 08:51 PM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, i'm writing a paper on the current state of the US Dept. of Health, Education and Welfare, and i'm looking to see for some ideas i could use.

I'm taking a stance as to what things could be changed to make it more efficient, seeing as there's millions of people that rip off the Government when it comes to food stamps, medicaid, unemployment.. etc.

I'm focusing mostly on the Welfare part, and not the other two, so if anyone could hit me up with some good sources, opinions or ideas, that would be great!

Thanks in advance.

+rep!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You people not motivated by rep points anymore? I thought that was all you cared about?
Try something like the increased use of Facebook to spread social issues a la Jena Six, gas prices, support for VT and UC college campus shootings, breast cancer awareness.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, looks like I am late.

Damn.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post

Damn.
Yeah, about a year late lol.

Now help me get some pub for my topic!

I need ideas, and i can't seem to find any good sites googling.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post

Damn.
Dont feel bad atleast your only 5 months late and not half a year in another month. Better late then never.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Hey guys, i'm writing a paper on the current state of the US Dept. of Health, Education and Welfare, and i'm looking to see for some ideas i could use.

I'm taking a stance as to what things could be changed to make it more efficient, seeing as there's millions of people that rip off the Government when it comes to food stamps, medicaid, unemployment.. etc.

I'm focusing mostly on the Welfare part, and not the other two, so if anyone could hit me up with some good sources, opinions or ideas, that would be great!

Thanks in advance.

+rep!
Anyone out there?!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Illegal Immgrants rip off Welfar by comming into the country pregnant or having kids born here. Then the kids get money since they are U.S. citizens, like food stamps and stuff.

1 example i saw a while backs was a family had 2 or 3 kids where get 18,000 dollars in income from the government. Not from working from the government because they were illegal but there kids where born here they were the ages of 6, 2, 3.

Also Illegal immagrants have their own IRS code to get welfare even though they shouldn't. something about they don't pay taxes and eventaully will get S.S.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also Welfare that could be used for citizens end up be spend on illegals. We us there is some number out there that tell how much.

People rip off unemployment all the time especially in the inner cities and places with poverty. Making up injuries and thing of taht nature.