Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 10-04-2011, 08:07 AM    (permalink
dolfan75071
Rookie

dolfan75071 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default The Dolphins and Andrew Luck

With the 1st pick in the 2012 Draft The Dolphins take Andrew Luck!

That has a really good ring. I know I am starting this a little early but as of right now it is a real possibility. And if it were to happen it would be the only silver lining from the Trifecta time in Miami. Ha!

What do you guys think? Are the Dolphins the front runner to land Luck in the 2012 draft?
dolfan75071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the ring to it but I dont think we are the front runners. No question we will for sure be in play for him all season though. The Colts seem to be the team in the lead for Luck, then the Chiefs then us.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have a tougher schedule but the Colts are more inept and have major injuries already.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
You guys have a tougher schedule but the Colts are more inept and have major injuries already.
For the love of God please win some games so us QB needy teams can get Luck. You guys already have a great QB. Please dont be greedy.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
For the love of God please win some games so us QB needy teams can get Luck. You guys already have a great QB. Please dont be greedy.
LOL I'm not so sure Manning is coming back. And if he does well we can't let some other team just take Luck! I don't want to face that guy!

I don't think we are tanking for Luck, I think the team is just that bad.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-04-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
dolfan75071
Rookie

I would agree that due to injuries Indy is looking pretty bad but we are in the running. I say it is between Indy and Miami. KC won yesterday so maybe they will get on a roll and win some games.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
dolfan75071
Rookie

As "Luck" would have it, KC and INDY play each other this week. So KC either goes 2 down or Miami is in the lead for Luck. ha!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfan75071 View Post
As "Luck" would have it, KC and INDY play each other this week. So KC either goes 2 down or Miami is in the lead for Luck. ha!
If I remember right KC's schedule softens up toward the end of the season so I think they'll put some wins together.

The Vikings have more talent than either of our teams but in that division with that schedule they have a shot at Luck too.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-05-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
dolfan75071
Rookie

Seems like we all know Luck will be the number 1 pick in the 2012 draft. Unless he decides to play out 1 more yr of eligibility even tho he's graduated. IMO the next QB in line would be Nick Foles of Arizona. I have watched a lot of him recently and he isn't as polished as Luck but he will get there and be a franchise QB for some unlucky team. haha Now, I am in no way saying Foles is Marino but he has a very similar release. I like what I've seen of him. If we don't get Luck, I would take Foles in a heart beat.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is looking like the Dolphins are becoming the front runner for Luck but I would argue its more due to their terrible defense - especially that secondary than Henne. I wouldn't mind seeing Luck end up in Miami. You guys would finally have your Marino replacement.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
dolfan75071
Rookie

So we all know Andrew Luck is the number 1 pick in 2012 and a very good QB. Who is the number 2 QB coming out in 2012? My list at this time looks like this:

Luck
Barkley
Tannehill
Weeden
Foles
Griffin III

Does anyone in that list scream "Franchise QB" besides Luck???

Of course any of them would be an upgrade.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still think the Colts are in the lead but we are still defeated so we're definitely still in it. Obviously we all want Luck but if we miss out on him, Barkley is the clear-cut second QB at this point and would be a pretty darn good consolation prize. After those two, there's still enough questions about the next tier of guys (Jones, Tannehill, RGIII) that I'm not sure I'd want to take any of them in the top 10 so I'm really pulling to have the first or second pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Still think the Colts are in the lead but we are still defeated so we're definitely still in it. Obviously we all want Luck but if we miss out on him, Barkley is the clear-cut second QB at this point and would be a pretty darn good consolation prize. After those two, there's still enough questions about the next tier of guys (Jones, Tannehill, RGIII) that I'm not sure I'd want to take any of them in the top 10 so I'm really pulling to have the first or second pick.
I think our teams have a stranglehold on those two picks my friend. No worries.

I am beginning to agree that Barkley will be a good consolation prize.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-06-2011, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Yeah I think without question the Colts are going to end up with the 1st pick. Lucky bastards.....

The Dolphins atleast hang in there and have some talent to put up a good fight and maybe get a chance to win a game or two. The Colts are just flat out horrible and get their ass kicked every game. But anyway, congrats Colts on getting struck by luck and going from Manning to Luck while us Dolphins are still looking for a QB after 13 years.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I think Barkley is a nice consolation prize.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-07-2011, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Im iffy on every QB expect Luck. I dont trust Barkley's arm all that much or the fact that he's a USC QB. Lately the QB's that came from there havent been all that.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
dolfan75071
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Yeah I think without question the Colts are going to end up with the 1st pick. Lucky bastards.....

The Dolphins atleast hang in there and have some talent to put up a good fight and maybe get a chance to win a game or two. The Colts are just flat out horrible and get their ass kicked every game. But anyway, congrats Colts on getting struck by luck and going from Manning to Luck while us Dolphins are still looking for a QB after 13 years.
Maybe the number 13 is an unlucky number. We might have been better off if Marino had #2.

:)
Old 11-18-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely out of this sweepstakes... :(

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote