Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-08-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Luck was nasty today. Had 3 tds but had 2 passes barely stopped at the 1. His INT was a perfect ball that Owusu just bounced off his hands and went straight to the db, not even his fault.

What is really impressing me is he has now added a good hurry up element to his game. He knows when to push the offense when the defense is slow.

He is fully calling his own plays on some drives also. On one specific drive, they would start out in a five wide with 3 TEs split right and a RB wide left and a WR in the slot to the left, and then he would look over the defense and then shift into what ever formation was best or just work out of a 5 wide shotgun. The 3 TEs give the offense incredible flexibility because they can go from all split out to shifted into a power formation.

Luck is getting better. I fully believe that he could work as his own OC if he needed to. Its not a physical or mechanical development, but he is just using his brain more and more to his advantage on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He also threw a ******* rocket for a TD down the seam. And his mobility is a huge weapon.

He's just... adjective.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My question: when are all these undefeateds gonna get picked off?

Off the top of my head:

Bama, LSU, Boise, Wiscy, Illinois, Clemson, Oklahoma, Stanford... There's usually not this many left this late - right?
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck was amazing yet again, for sure. Both of his INTs this year were on tipped or dropped passes, so I don't hold those against him.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His pocket mobility is just beautiful. He just knows how to step around a rusher by like a foot and get the ball off. Comfortable with bodies around the pocket.

He really throws it well on the run too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
My question: when are all these undefeateds gonna get picked off?

Off the top of my head:

Bama, LSU, Boise, Wiscy, Illinois, Clemson, Oklahoma, Stanford... There's usually not this many left this late - right?
I think it's pretty normal.

Illinois plays Michigan and Wisconsin and all three play Ohio State. Wisconsin might come out undefeated, but that's a really tough schedule.

Georgia Tech plays Clemson, Miami, VT, and UGA. Clemson still has to play GT and South Carolina.

SMU might be a threat to Houston, but it looks like pretty smooth sailing all the way up to the CUSA Championship.

K-State, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State all have to play each other still. The Oklahoma teams also have to deal with Baylor.

Stanford still has a really tough schedule with USC, Oregon, and Notre Dame.

Alabama and LSU still have to play each other in a few weeks.

Boise has to play TCU, but they should go undefeated.

**** is going to hit the fan on Nov 5th. I'm thinking we'll end up with 3 undefeateds when the bowls come around.

Last edited by nepg : 10-09-2011 at 01:51 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:19 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the jackass of the season award goes to:

Old 10-09-2011, 08:26 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New crack at the top 25:

1) Alabama
2) LSU
3) Oklahoma
4) Wisconsin
5) Boise State
6) Stanford
7) Oklahoma State
8) Clemson
9) Oregon
10) Michigan
11) Arkansas
12) Georgia Tech
13) Nebraska
14) South Carolina
15) Illinois
16) West Virginia
17) Texas
18) Arizona State
19) Florida
20) Texas A&M
21) Virginia Tech
22) Kansas State
23) Penn State
24) Michigan State
25) Baylor

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 10-09-2011 at 08:29 AM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, BCS matchups:

National Championship- Alabama vs. Oklahoma
Rose Bowl- Wisconsin vs. Stanford
Sugar Bowl- LSU vs. Michigan
Fiesta- Oklahoma State vs. Boise State
Orange- Clemson vs. West Virginia

Old 10-09-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
And the jackass of the season award goes to:
oh please. someone was hurt, thus the tackler was a jackass. gotcha, solid logic.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
if we lost to Tech, I'd have likely died tonight.
I'm keeping my eye on Tannehill for the Redskins this year but man does the Aggie defence look terrible. Can they stop anybody in the 2nd half?
Old 10-09-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oh please. someone was hurt, thus the tackler was a jackass. gotcha, solid logic.
Check how late it was and how low it was.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sucks to see that the Univ of Arizona has been so terrible.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

There should be a lot of fired coaches in the Pac12 this year, starting with Mike Stoops.

Arizona isn't a powerhouse, but he's had 8 years and the best he can do is 8-5 and a win in the Las Vegas Bowl.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:52 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait to see AZ St vs Oregon...I have really come to despise Oregon. I think they are a soft team as shown by LSU when they manhandled them. Osweiler has been very good his first year starting for the Sun Devils.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:58 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Can't wait to see AZ St vs Oregon...I have really come to despise Oregon. I think they are a soft team as shown by LSU when they manhandled them. Osweiler has been very good his first year starting for the Sun Devils.
Osweiler is one of my favorites for the top QB in 2013. He's a little rough around the edges right now still, but he's shown some flashes. He has good, borderline great arm strength and surprisingly decent athleticism for a guy that tall and lanky.

I'm not sure there's a good comparison for him. I've heard Joe Flacco suggested, but even that's a little bit of a stretch.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I'm not sure there's a good comparison for him. I've heard Joe Flacco suggested, but even that's a little bit of a stretch.
Drew Bledsoe but without the concrete shoes? Poor man's Big Ben?

Old 10-10-2011, 08:07 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he moves better than people think, he was a former basketball recruit for Gonzaga. Right now a poor man's Big Ben would be the best comparison although I think Osweiler can move a little better than him, he also has 3 inches on Big Ben which is crazy to think about.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:07 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Drew Bledsoe but without the concrete shoes? Poor man's Big Ben?
Eh, he's much smoother even beyond his footwork than someone like Bledsoe or Derek Anderson I think. Similar body type but much smoother.

Ben is much thicker.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Eh, he's much smoother even beyond his footwork than someone like Bledsoe or Derek Anderson I think. Similar body type but much smoother.
I dont think you remember Drew Bledsoe well:

Old 10-10-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Stoops is fired at Arizona.

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs....fb_na_txt_0001

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
There should be a lot of fired coaches in the Pac12 this year, starting with Mike Stoops.

Arizona isn't a powerhouse, but he's had 8 years and the best he can do is 8-5 and a win in the Las Vegas Bowl.
I'll take bf51 for the win.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Fiesta- Oklahoma State vs. Boise State
Holy Tostitos.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's gonna be hilarious to see Oklahomo get spanked by an SEC team to lose yet another BCS Bowl.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
It's gonna be hilarious to see Oklahomo get spanked by an SEC team to lose yet another BCS Bowl.
It's not as hilarious as Texas losing to Iowa State in Texas last year, or that team they fielded last weekend. ^_^

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote