Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-27-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Just because a tv show gets its rating does not make it a good show, thats a terrible argument. If that were true TBBT would be the best tv show on, and it is easily one of the worst.
If it was truly terrible, people wouldn't be watching it. It's pretty simple. And it's not like this is reality television either, where something is popular regardless what kind of reality show it is. This is scripted television, and if no one is watching it, it will get the boot. Why would people watch The Walking Dead if it was trash? Why would the network AMC keep it on the air if no one was watching? Why would it garner so much attention if it wasn't very good in the first place? That doesn't make sense.

As for The Big Bang Theory, how is that one of the worst shows on television? What is your basis for that conclusion? A lot of people believe it's a good show. Maybe not the best on television (way to set the bar low), but it's rated pretty highly from fans and critics alike.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898266/

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?sor...type=tv_series

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 02-27-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im basing this on common intelligence. The show is painfully bad, and if your seriously going to argue with me about it I'm going to stop arguing with you about this show to because I'm sorry theyre both terrible, TWD much less so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walking Dead does have its fair share of critical acclaim, unlike TBBT

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im basing this on common intelligence. The show is painfully bad, and if your seriously going to argue with me about it I'm going to stop arguing with you about this show to because I'm sorry theyre both terrible, TWD much less so.
No, you are basing it on taste. If it was truly bad, it would have cancelled long ago like countless other sitcoms are. Why hasn't the network pulled the plug if it was so bad? Why is it still one of the highest rating programs on television?

Quote:
The ratings keep getting bigger for The Big Bang Theory — and they keep getting smaller for American Idol.

The hit sitcom bested Idol outright for the first time in both viewership and the adults 18-to-49 demo Thursday, drawing 16.1 million and a 5.2, improving a tenth from last week. Idol averaged 15.4 million and a 4.4 (down 14 percent in the demo) for the hour. During the shows' 30-minute face-off, Idol snagged 14 million and a 4.0.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ratings-...g-1043772.aspx

Quote:
Old 02-27-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Judging the quality of a television show on its ratings (how many people watch it weekly) is like judging the quality of a film based on ticket sales, or the quality of a musical group based on cd/i-tunes sales.

The common viewer or listener isn't typically a good barometer for what is or isn't exceptional art.

There are countless numbers of "bad" musical groups, and "bad" films that have had tremendous sales.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wanted that blonde woman to beat up Rick's wife.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Judging the quality of a television show on its ratings (how many people watch it weekly) is like judging the quality of a film based on ticket sales, or the quality of a musical group based on cd/i-tunes sales.

The common viewer or listener isn't typically a good barometer for what is or isn't exceptional art.

There are countless numbers of "bad" musical groups, and "bad" films that have had tremendous sales.
This times infinity.

Big Bang Theory is a bad television show. Just because 10 million dumbshits watch it a week doesn't make it good. A lot of people listen to Lady Gaga.. does that also make her good? Don't argue how many people watch or listen to something to justify the quality. It's VERY flawed.

And make no mistake about it, The Walking Dead is not a good TV show, but it's nowhere near as bad as anything on CBS.. so we've got that going for us! For now..

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 02-27-2012 at 07:23 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess it must just come down to opinion, because I legitimately enjoy the show and think it is great. It isn't upper echelon television, but I have it pretty nearby.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I consider it popcorn TV. It's entertaining, at least.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It IS popcorn TV. You can watch it and be entertained, either by how enjoyable it is or how enjoyable it isn't. I still watch it weekly but I will fully admit (and even point out) that it has a lot of flaws. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop watching it.

It also doesn't mean it's a GOOD television show.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I guess it must just come down to opinion, because I legitimately enjoy the show and think it is great. It isn't upper echelon television, but I have it pretty nearby.
It's an artistic mediam, making taste and opinion very much a significant factor in which people like it or not. However, there are still universal ideals that can generally be agreed upon regardless of the art.

Obviously, it's not "bad" in the sense that a 6-year old picks up a video camera and films her dolls for an hour might be labeled "bad," but the "opinion" of artistic quality is purely subjective and based upon what it is directly being compared to.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

You're on my list vidae.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I really wanted that blonde woman to beat up Rick's wife.
You could be Shane. He's beaten them both up.

*ZING!*
Old 02-27-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Hey, I haven't missed an episode, but I'm also not doing to defend something blindly.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Hey, I haven't missed an episode, but I'm also not doing to defend something blindly.
Fine... I'll take you off. For now.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I like the show and I loved the comics, but they could be doing so much better. That's all I'm sayin. I still watch it though.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
So if you have a vote to pick the leader who would you pick Rick or Shane?
I'd pick Rick in a heartbeat. Shane has the better ideas, but he has no self control and doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself, Lori, and Carl. Nothing wrong with that, but that's not someone I'd follow. It's also like Andrea said a few episodes back about his approach. He has the right idea on what to do at times, but his approach is pretty bad. That would be fine if he wasn't willing to kill whoever to keep Carl and Lori alive. We'd butt heads instantly because I would have shot Lori a long time ago.

Rick has his faults, but at least he thinks things through. At first it seems dumb that he wants to bring the guy back to the farm instead of instantly killing him, but he could get some info from him before they do that. The search for Sophia was just dumb. At first it made sense, but after a while it was pretty idiotic to expect this little girl to still be alive on her own after all that time. I'd still take that over a guy who might blow my head off at any second. He was right to shoot Otis since somebody had to make it back, but ever since then it's like he's been more volatile and on the edge.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:

What about judging it based off reviews? A show like The Jersey Shore has high ratings on television in terms of viewings, but terrible reviews everywhere. That isn't that case with The Walking Dead or The Big Bang theory. And why don't we just consider the notion that it actually is possible to have a highly viewed show, that is highly rated, because it's actually a good show, instead of looking and just the other side of the coin to push an agenda. It's not like Transformers 2 that made a lot of money, but had bad reviews, or Batman: Mask of the Phantasm that was a good movie, but didn't make much money at the time due to very poor marketing. The two shows I've been talking about don't have one trait over the other, they have both the advantage of being highly viewed and highly rated.

And please don't respond with "well just because it's highly reviewed practically everywhere doesn't make it a good show". Then what does? Of course everyone has a different opinion, but when the overall reviews have a consensus opinion that a show is good, then maybe it's just good for the majority. Let's give people some credit here. And let's not forget that it's also an issue of taste. Like I mentioned to another poster, if a scripted show it truly terrible, it won't both be highly viewed and highly rated. How many bad shows have both those traits? None, because those shows would have been off the air by now.

The only things I'm hearing is the The Walking Dead sucks, The Big Bang Theory sucks and is terrible, yet both are highly viewed and both have a general opinion of being good shows based on the majority of reviews. Yet I'm being told to ignore this and assume for no reason that both these shows are terrible based on the minority (1 or 2 people here). Yes there are plot holes in The Walking Dead, but there are plot holes in every show and in every movie. Even the best ones fail in that regard. Star Trek The Next Generation was a great show, but there are plot holes, continuity issues, etc. Doesn't mean the show isn't entertaining and interesting.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 02-28-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
And why don't we just consider the notion that it actually is possible to have a highly viewed show, that is highly rated, because it's actually a good show, instead of looking and just the other side of the coin to push an agenda.
1. I don't have an agenda other than liking what I like without a care if anyone else shares my opinion. I often like many things that the general public doesn't deem popular by any means.

2. Your notion is entirely plausible and possible. But the other side of the coin is trusting a "review." Many, if not most reviews are also based on a subjective opinion.

3. I don't hate TWD and don't feel it's entirely "bad." I just don't feel that anyone should have the right to tell me what is good and what isn't, unless it's just meant to increase discussion.

4. I'm a movie and music snob and easily come across as contrarian.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Lightbulb

Quote:
And please don't respond with "well just because it's highly reviewed practically everywhere doesn't make it a good show". Then what does?
This is where I proudly, very proudly set myself apart from general consensus. I could care less who says or thinks something is good. I like what I like, and I feel passionately about that. I'll often read or listen to the "reviews/opinions" of those that often share my likes and dislikes, but I still won't base my opinion on someone else's.

That's just me. I'm really not to argue with you because I don't feel you've said anything that was "wrong." I just feel very passionately about exploring artistic boundaries and developing a highly individualized taste.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
1. I don't have an agenda other than liking what I like without a care if anyone else shares my opinion. I often like many things that the general public doesn't deem popular by any means.

2. Your notion is entirely plausible and possible. But the other side of the coin is trusting a "review." Many, if not most reviews are also based on a subjective opinion.

3. I don't hate TWD and don't feel it's entirely "bad." I just don't feel that anyone should have the right to tell me what is good and what isn't, unless it's just meant to increase discussion.

4. I'm a movie and music snob and easily come across as contrarian.
There are only so many methods to obtain a general consensus from the public whether something is good or bad. That doesn't mean an individual should live or die by what the public perceives, however to blindly say "Oh this show sucks I'm not going to even argue with you why" or take some kind of attitude like that, just comes across as a cop out essentially and ignoring the reality that the majority of people like a certain show based on being highly viewed and being highly rated. I'm not saying you specifically carried out a tactic like that, but I am saying that it's not out of the question to say that based on those two factors (highly viewed, highly rated) that a show may be considered good to the majority, because it's a good show plain and simple, and there are no facades in place.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2012, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
This is where I proudly, very proudly set myself apart from general consensus. I could care less who says or thinks something is good. I like what I like, and I feel passionately about that. I'll often read or listen to the "reviews/opinions" of those that often share my likes and dislikes, but I still won't base my opinion on someone else's.

That's just me. I'm really not to argue with you because I don't feel you've said anything that was "wrong." I just feel very passionately about exploring artistic boundaries and developing a highly individualized taste.
Right. I'm not asking you to side with the majority of an opinion, but I'm just saying that sometimes a show is good, because it's actually a good show considered by most people. There are some shows that are highly rated and highly viewed that I don't like. Same goes for movies. I don't like The Lord of the Rings franchise that was highly rated and highly viewed, but I can understand why a lot of other folks like it and why it's usually on lists of the best movies ever practically. That is just a matter of taste. And a couple of people in this thread I feel are using their own personal taste as basis for a conclusion and ignoring logical praise for a show by a majority of people, and assuming that a certain show is bad solely because they believe so. I think this is where the confusion lies.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This review is one of the worst things I have even read. It is contradictory and at some points makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote:
One of the main problems with this show besides the writing, wrinkled brows, Carl, and lack of actual zombies
This makes no sense. The last two episodes have had a lot of zombies. I don't even know what he is talking about with "wrinkled brows" and Carl wasn't even in this episode if I remember correctly.

Quote:
no one on this show ever actually dies unless they’re a side character that was just introduced for the sole purpose of dying.
A lot of things wrong with this. First off, do we want main characters to die? There are what, ten people in the main group? If a main character was killed say every three or four episodes, the entire group would already be dead. And let's not believe that they just kill recently introduced characters. Sophia was in four episodes of season one and then was taken in the season premier of the second season. There have been others in the main group who died as well. The bald chicks husband, Andrea's sister, that black woman, and possibly Daryl.

Quote:
Why did he need to check the ropes? The kid is locked in a trunk. Even if he got the ropes undone he would still be so trapped inside of a car trunk it would be nuts
This guy is in idiot. I am pretty sure they were driving an SUV. SUVs son't have enclosed trunks. If he got the ropes undone, he could open the back hatch, break a window, or attack Rick or Shane easily. If it wasn't an SUV (again, I'm almost certain it was), many new cars have a lever in the trunk that you can pull that will open the trunk from the inside.

Quote:
He cuts his finger open and rubs blood on the fence and when the zombie licks the blood off the fence he stabs the zombie in the head with his knife. Uh. I mean, yes, save ammunition and don’t make so much noise all the time, but you also live in a world without doctors and a very limited amount of hard-to-reach medical supplies so maybe don’t go carving into your body with a dirty knife and rubbing the open wound all over zombie-infested rust metal?
First off, cutting your finger with a knife is not going to kill you. Second, he didn't rub his finger on the fence, he put his finger through one of the holes in the fence to draw the walkers in. If you are going to go through the trouble of writing a scathing review, at least pay attention.

Quote:
Once they’re out on the open road, they pull over and hog tie the kid again, which how does that work? The kid was completely untied AND driving the car. They must have pointed a gun in his face and made him lie prone in the road and allow them to hog tie him and put the earbuds in his hear and the hood over his head even though he already knows where the farm is.
Once again asshat, pay attention. He wasn't completely untied. They taped his neck to the seat so he couldn't move at all. Of course he has to stop if they tell him too. And how did he get tied up? Well, Rick and Shane are bigger than him, it's two vs one, they are cops, they have knives, they have guns. It's not a fair fight.

Quote:
Grimes says he still needs a night to think about it, even though they’ll probably have to kill the kid in the morning. What? I still am confused about what kind of thinking Grimes expects to get done.
Maybe this writer should actually do some mature thinking. I don't care if you are in the real world or a zombie apocalypse, killing somebody is not easy. It makes it harder when the kid really didn't do anything. Killing a kid just because he happens to know Maggie is something that requires thinking. Is it the right thing to do? Can I live with myself if I kill him?

The biggest complaint it seems most people have is that there aren't enough zombies and there is too much "soap opera" stuff going on. The truth is, it's better this way. If all we want to see is zombies, there are plenty of movies out there we can watch. Only seeing zombie fight after zombie fight would get old quickly and also make the show very short because eventually, they would all die. The Walking Dead actually has some character development. But apparently all this reviewer and some of you want is blood, guts, brains, and death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Right. I'm not asking you to side with the majority of an opinion, but I'm just saying that sometimes a show is good, because it's actually a good show considered by most people. There are some shows that are highly rated and highly viewed that I don't like. Same goes for movies. I don't like The Lord of the Rings franchise that was highly rated and highly viewed, but I can understand why a lot of other folks like it and why it's usually on lists of the best movies ever practically. That is just a matter of taste. And a couple of people in this thread I feel are using their own personal taste as basis for a conclusion and ignoring logical praise for a show by a majority of people, and assuming that a certain show is bad solely because they believe so. I think this is where the confusion lies.
I think the confusion is you think that the majority dictates what is good or not. Just because a show is watched by a lot of people or given good reviews by TV critics does not mean it's a good show.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
The biggest complaint it seems most people have is that there aren't enough zombies and there is too much "soap opera" stuff going on. The truth is, it's better this way. If all we want to see is zombies, there are plenty of movies out there we can watch. Only seeing zombie fight after zombie fight would get old quickly and also make the show very short because eventually, they would all die. The Walking Dead actually has some character development. But apparently all this reviewer and some of you want is blood, guts, brains, and death.
Wait, WHAT? The Walking Dead has NO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. The only character who has changed AT ALL is Shane. Other than that they're all the same stupid characters they were when the outbreak hit. They are no different.

And there is only so much sitting around and talking you can do. Not only are the conversations RIDICULOUS on a regular basis (Lori actually ARGUES that the women should "stay home and do laundry while the men go out and hunt".. setting the feminist movement back one hundred years there Lori!) but these people are just flat out STUPID. If there was a real zombie outbreak these morons would be the first to go. Day one. Hour one. They'd probably run into a group of zombies and get eaten the first possible second. ffs, Lori can't even drive down the highway without crashing her car when she is the ONLY CAR ON THE ROAD IN THE STATE OF GEORGIA.

This show has awful character development (or none), bad writing and stupid characters. I want to see blood, guts, brains, and death too, because I am actively rooting for all of them except Glenn and Shane to die horrible deaths. The rest are cartoon characters at best.

ps, before you call someone else an idiot go back and rewatch the episode. Rick cut his finger and did wipe it all over the fence.

pps That review was meant more for comedy, but I've read a lot of reviews of episodes by people who know what they're talking about and they are usually no better.

Last edited by vidae : 02-28-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: wording