Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-05-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you took out the last two episodes, we would be right where we are now minus dale. Every other storyline has stayed right where it is and nothing has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
If you took out the last two episodes, we would be right where we are now minus dale. Every other storyline has stayed right where it is and nothing has changed.
Why must you hurt me so Jvig?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
So you are going to waste time each week watching something you don't like just on the hopes that you'll find an episode that appeals to you? Seems pretty stupid to me. I would have stopped watching by now.
I'm sorry, when did I say I didn't like the show? I've said it's entertaining multiple times but that it isn't a very good show.

And THAT seems stupid to you, but none of the ridiculous plot holes, awful dialogue and the fact that there is NO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT doesn't seem stupid to you? What seems intelligent to you are things not making sense but having the desire to defend it anyway.

Keep on keepin on Ness.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 03-05-2012 at 04:14 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was a gradual transition. Me and the other poster were talking about the episode that needed to tell the audience (well for those who couldn't figure it out) that Rick was back in charge due to having a fist fight with Shane out in the middle of nowhere. I don't see how that would change people's mind's when no one was around.

And at the time of the episode it was pretty clear that Shane was being alienated by Lori, Dale, and Herschel. Shane was almost kicked off the farm. Really the only person that showed any true alliance towards Shane was Andrea.

What you are talking about is when Shane still had hair.
Yes that is exactly what I am talking about, why exactly should we ignore that? They have been proclaiming this is Ricks group well before that fight. No ******* wonder you sit here and try to defend the show, I swear you must be a writer on it or something. Why was Rick ever the leader, even before fighting Shane? People were calling this Ricks group during season one, and at the start of this season as well Rick was making the calls. Yes I couldn't figure it out. Jesus christ guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Why must you hurt me so Jvig?
I love you, and I respect that you like the show you can like what you want. But you know damn well this is true.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys mean 'no character development'. We learnt that Darryl is willing to torture people!

Old 03-05-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You didn't know that before? He has always seemed like one of the guys who was willing to do whatever it takes. He hasn't changed at all from the beginning of the show. That isn't necessarily a bad thing with his character, because he started off being reasonable and intelligent.. it's the rest of the people that started off stupid and stayed that way.

I don't get why Daryl doesn't peace the **** out of there and go off on his own. He can handle it and he wouldn't have to deal with dumb kids or even dumber adults.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm sorry, when did I say I didn't like the show? I've said it's entertaining multiple times but that it isn't a very good show.

And THAT seems stupid to you, but none of the ridiculous plot holes, awful dialogue and the fact that there is NO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT doesn't seem stupid to you? What seems intelligent to you are things not making sense but having the desire to defend it anyway.

Keep on keepin on Ness.
Right, that is why I list things I like and don't like about the show, which includes character development and continuity. Continue to not pay attention though.

If I don't think a show is remotely good at all, I usually don't waste time watching it, and I usually don't find it entertaining though. I guess you are different.

What do you actually like about the show? Apparently you haven't come across a good episode yet. At least that is what you said.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
You didn't know that before? He has always seemed like one of the guys who was willing to do whatever it takes. He hasn't changed at all from the beginning of the show. That isn't necessarily a bad thing with his character, because he started off being reasonable and intelligent.. it's the rest of the people that started off stupid and stayed that way.

I don't get why Daryl doesn't peace the **** out of there and go off on his own. He can handle it and he wouldn't have to deal with dumb kids or even dumber adults.
Being capable of torturing and actually doing the torturing are different. In fact, I'd go as far to say that the old Darrly wouldn't have tortured the guy. Darryl is easily the best character on the show. I want to see him go all redneck crazy on either the other group of survivors or a horde of zombies.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
That was not a week in show time, just real life!
No, it was definitely a week in show time. I don't remember if they stated it on the actual show or if they stated it on The Talking Dead show that comes on later. But it was definitely a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
1 - No way that kid's walking around without even a mild limp after having his leg was impaled.

2 - (and this is the big one) A week in which they didn't bother talking to him about his knowledge of his group, the farm, or anything else.
I'm pretty sure he is limping. I know he was when they went to the Public Works Facility. As for not talking to him... they should have interrogated him. I have no idea why they didn't.

Quote:
You can't really say that. Yes, Dale is the only character who died. Yes Randall is still alive. And yes, they are still on the farm. But you are ignoring other things. There has been a change in Carl over the last few episodes. There has been a change in Darryl. There looks like there will be a change in Andre. And maybe Shane is already starting to turn into a Zombie due to the fact that he cut his hand with the same knife he stabbed a walker with. To say nothing has changed is really ignoring a lot of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Jvig43
Icon

I still say Shane is the best character, Darryl had to go through a period of becoming a ***** whipping boy for the group. He basically is sawyer from Lost on this show. The bad ass who deep down is really good.

Quote:
Quote:
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Being capable of torturing and actually doing the torturing are different. In fact, I'd go as far to say that the old Darrly wouldn't have tortured the guy. Darryl is easily the best character on the show. I want to see him go all redneck crazy on either the other group of survivors or a horde of zombies.
This, this and more this. Darryl is the most entertaining guy on this show. What's he gonna do when he realizes that little **** Carl stole his gun? I hope he puts a bow through his eye and hangs him up with the squirrels.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Right, that is why I list things I like and don't like about the show. Continue to not pay attention.

If I don't think a show is remotely good at all, I usually don't waste time watching it, and I usually don't find it entertaining though. I guess you are different.

What do you actually like about the show? Apparently you haven't come across a good episode yet.
So you can't be entertained by something that you don't think is good? Really? That's what you're arguing today?

What do I like about the show? I like Shane, I like Glenn, I like Daryl. I like the zombies. I've said that they do a great job with the zombies and with the landscapes/production value. I've never wavered from that.

I'm still here saying that the writing is god awful and so are most of the characters though. And until they improve I'll continue to talk about how bad they are. I am discussing a show that I find entertaining just like you are. The difference is, I can step back and view it objectively where you have to defend it like you're getting an EP credit or something.

And I'll continue to post my thoughts here, because that what this thread is for. I'm sorry you don't like what I have to say (sort of) but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop saying it.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I still say Shane is the best character, Darryl had to go through a period of becoming a ***** whipping boy for the group. He basically is sawyer from Lost on this show. The bad ass who deep down is really good.
Sawyer was my favourite character on Lost to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
This, this and more this. Darryl is the most entertaining guy on this show. What's he gonna do when he realizes that little **** Carl stole his gun? I hope he puts a bow through his eye and hangs him up with the squirrels.
They should do a Darryl spin-off. With him just rampaging through the world.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post

You can't really say that. Yes, Dale is the only character who died. Yes Randall is still alive. And yes, they are still on the farm. But you are ignoring other things. There has been a change in Carl over the last few episodes. There has been a change in Darryl. There looks like there will be a change in Andre. And maybe Shane is already starting to turn into a Zombie due to the fact that he cut his hand with the same knife he stabbed a walker with. To say nothing has changed is really ignoring a lot of things.
Carl has been acting strange since the first episode this year after the shooting the zombies in the barn with **** he has been saying. This episode wasn't necessary to drive that point home. Andrea is still on Shanes side as we learned even before the break in the season, what change has come over her? Darryl has gone back to his old self rather then the nice guy looking for sophia, not really a change as much as a reversion. and if shane turns into a zombie for that and not rick for doing the same thing in the same episode I will bring that point up as well. Its just inconsistent bull ****. If your going to argue that those two hours were warranted by subtle character cues we already have gotten followed by a case which MAY turn shane into a zombie then you must be immortal and have no fear of having any of your time wasted.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 03-05-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nothing would make me happier!

Old 03-05-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So you can't be entertained by something that you don't think is good? Really? That's what you're arguing today?

What do I like about the show? I like Shane, I like Glenn, I like Daryl. I like the zombies. I've said that they do a great job with the zombies and with the landscapes/production value. I've never wavered from that.

I'm still here saying that the writing is god awful and so are most of the characters though. And until they improve I'll continue to talk about how bad they are. I am discussing a show that I find entertaining just like you are. The difference is, I can step back and view it objectively where you have to defend it like you're getting an EP credit or something.

And I'll continue to post my thoughts here, because that what this thread is for. I'm sorry you don't like what I have to say (sort of) but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop saying it.
This pretty much sums up everything that I feel about the show

Old 03-05-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sawyer was my favourite character on Lost to!

**** a Daryl spin-off. I want Lennie James' character from the pilot getting a spin-off, or at least bring him back as soon as possible. That character owned.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah logic. Difficult concept I know. I guess if you are easily amused you can. But if I haven't seen a good episode up to this point, and I don't see how at the end of the episode I can say "Wow that was entertaining, I was quite entertained," why I could continue to watch the show and in essence, like it.

It has nothing to do with me liking what you have to say. I was just curious as to why you kept posting and watching something it seemed you didn't like. At least, all you did for the last two or three episodes is post about what you didn't like, and nothing else. And then you said you will continue to post until you've seen a good episode. That just seemed like a waste of time to me.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Why don't you let me worry about what to do with my time?

OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
**** a Daryl spin-off. I want Lennie James' character from the pilot getting a spin-off, or at least bring him back as soon as possible. That character owned.
Yea I wish they showed him and his son again. He radioed him daily and we never saw or heard him after the pilot

Ness
Legend

Quote:
Andrea is still on Shanes side as we learned even before the break in the season, what change has come over her?
She just stuck up for Dale's decision not to kill Randal. Which obviously contradicts Shane. I'd say she went back to being the civil attorney she used to be in that moment.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Alright, fair enough.

Quote:
Jvig43
Icon

Every argument you have brought up has been a huge waste of time, because you have yet to list anything you liked about the show either, which is the same thing you are critiquing Vidae for. Weve all asked you several times to say what YOU liked and you just keep saying "its about subjectivity" and "Why watch something you don't like". Well guess what, just because you don't watch stuff you don't like doesnt mean others do the same, its subjective Ness so it might seem silly but people have different tastes.

Quote:
Quote:
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I always worry about your time vidae. Always.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carl has been acting strange since the first episode this year after the shooting the zombies in the barn with **** he has been saying. This episode wasn't necessary to drive that point home. Andrea is still on Shanes side as we learned even before the break in the season, what change has come over her? Darryl has gone back to his old self rather then the nice guy looking for sophia, not really a change as much as a reversion. and if shane turns into a zombie for that and not rick for doing the same thing in the same episode I will bring that point up as well. Its just inconsistent bull ****. If your going to argue that those two hours were warranted by subtle character cues we already have gotten followed by a case which MAY turn shane into a zombie then you must be immortal and have no fear of having any of your time wasted.
Rick didn't do the same thing though. Rick cut his finger to draw in that first Walker. That was the only time he cut his finger in that episode. Shane cut his finger the first time. Then, when he was in the bus, he stabbed a walker in the head and then cut his finger again so he could rub blood on the door frame.

As for Andre, yes she was on Shane's side. But towards the end of the episode, she switched to Dale's side. After listening to Dale plea for the kid's life, she came around to his point of view. His death will only reinforce that change. To me, it seems like she has decided to stop being like Shane and try to remain how she probably was before all this stuff went down and will now become what Dale was, which was the group's moral compass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote