Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-12-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They make this **** way too complicated than it needs to be. How in the hell does Carl move across a damn field that fast? Not only that, but when did he become such a great shot? They made a big deal about keeping your emotions in check while shooting, but here this little kid teleports across a field and shoots a zombie in the head like it's nothing.

They also should've had the balls to have Carl kill Shane. It wasn't hard to find a good reason for all three to be in the woods where Shane goes crazy and Carl shoots him. Now they had this stupid story line where they want to release the prisoner who tried to kill Rick, Glenn, and Herschel as what sets this up. Now the invisible zombies who heard no shots all season long were hanging around the farm having a zombie party and heard the shots. Geez man they don't think these things through. I wasn't even a hater of this show until the past couple of episodes. I thought it was good with some wasted potential, but damn these writers are using the M. Night Shayamalan school of thought where you have twists and nothing good leading up to them.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once again, they covered why the Walkers didn't hear the earlier shots in the beginning of the episode. Herschel talked about how there is less rain at this time of year so the riverbeds are all drying out. This makes getting to the farm much easier because Walkers, who probably can't swim, can now walk through shallow water when before they faced deep water. Being closer means being able to hear the gun shots more easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I don't know, but I believe the most logical explanation for Randall coming back was that Shane snapped his neck off screen. I am not sure why they decided not to show this but I think it makes more sense than assuming it is air born.

Also, the river beds are not going to dry up that drastically to the point where if gun shots really are zombies calling cards they wouldnt find a way to get there. Especially invisible zombie armies (Do they seriously all just chill in the woods together like that haha). Not to mention that same plot hole happened in the episode which Randall was dropped off. No one is nitpicking, just anyone with a brain has trouble not picking up on these things. It happens when you are used to watching good tv like breaking bad, mad men etc.. Not to mention that almost every zombie movie I have ever seen has been far better than this show, which sucks because a television show just has so much more potential to build on characters and story lines than a two hour movie. Anyway next week looks promising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This episode was much better. Still holes, but we clearly have to just accept ****** writing and move on. Carl's ability to be invisible and sneak around the camp, river, and anywhere else he chooses, day or night, regardless of circumstances (zombies and armed badguys) is just unacceptable, either way. And I saw it the same way as others have mentioned - Carl was aiming his gun long before Shane was up and zombified. The fact that 4 men were traipsing around the woods without ever bumping into that huge zombie hoard is cute, too.

Also, now we finally understand that this farm has only some rivers and streams as protection and everybody but the audience seemed to know this. Which pissed me off severly since it only reinforces how ******* stupid these people are. How do you do nothing to secure the place you're planning to live at for an entire winter?

They had Daryl tell us that Randall died of a broken neck, which we then know was Shane's doing and he even says so when discussing his master plan with Rick (though the writers even screwed that up by having Shane bury his gun before coming out of the woods to begin with.) Randall's return & the return of Shane as a walker cleared up the speculation about scratches. It now looks like the FEMA camp (? if that's what it was) was a case of dead people turning simply by dying, with no need for scratch or bite. I'm not sure there's really a need to identify it as airborn or something else. That's one I can be ok with, frankly, as changes in the virus was alluded to in the CDC episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
It would appear that when you die, you turn into a zombie. The "flashbacks" were probably just how they chose to represent Shane turning into a zombie.
Correct. They did the exact same thing in season one with the guy from camp who was turning. They ended up leaving him on the side of the road, but he had many of these zombie flashes in the RV.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was confused because I remember from season one where Rick is walking past a bunch of cars with dead people in them who WEREN'T zombies.. and then Kirkman said something in an interview like "Oh, well, they were in car accidents so they had head trauma.." and I shook my head. How do you retroactively go back and change something like that? Oh, right, you write something ridiculous and fix the mistakes later.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I was confused because I remember from season one where Rick is walking past a bunch of cars with dead people in them who WEREN'T zombies.. and then Kirkman said something in an interview like "Oh, well, they were in car accidents so they had head trauma.." and I shook my head. How do you retroactively go back and change something like that? Oh, right, you write something ridiculous and fix the mistakes later.
Yeah I really don't care what the writers say to make up for plot holes after they left them in the script. You should of thought about it before you left it open to speculation. And as you mentioned, it doesn't always add up with what weve already seen.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AMC needs to bring in a JJ Abrams writing team. Fringe doesn't have these plot holes, and that's 4 seasons of 22 hour-long episodes.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
We've clearly established the writers are pretty damn lazy. That even includes not bothering to think about answers retroactively. A simple "they're now walkers" would have been fine. It's easy to make it a case (which is what I assumed they're doing) of evolving/mutating virus. Those corpses weren't becoming walkers but now that's changed.

Again, at this point we obviously have to simply accept that these guys would lose a plot-writing-contest to a stoned monkey.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hah, yeah I'd be fine with it if he came out and said "Oh, they're walkers NOW, you just didn't see it!".. I could at least accept that, but "everyone there had a head trauma" is so ridiculous that it's funny.

Oh well. This last episode wasn't awful (except Carl, who is just the worst.. he's the Britta of The Walking Dead) and next week looks to be good too. Hopefully Carl gets eaten by some of those ninja zombies next episode.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The head trauma thing is stupid. If he'd just said the virus had evolved to an airborne strain and the people who died in those cars died before the virus evolved, then I'd be on board with that.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait until Michonne surfaces.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Once again, they covered why the Walkers didn't hear the earlier shots in the beginning of the episode. Herschel talked about how there is less rain at this time of year so the riverbeds are all drying out. This makes getting to the farm much easier because Walkers, who probably can't swim, can now walk through shallow water when before they faced deep water. Being closer means being able to hear the gun shots more easily.
This also fully explains the zombie stuck in the mud.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Can't wait until Michonne surfaces.
She is the ultimate bad ass.

COMIC SPOILER

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-12-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The head trauma thing is stupid. If he'd just said the virus had evolved to an airborne strain and the people who died in those cars died before the virus evolved, then I'd be on board with that.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-12-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If only the show was half as good as that video makes it out to be.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post

COMIC SPOILER
Old 03-12-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
thought I was the only one who was reminded of Office Space there lol

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

COMIC SPOILER
COMIC SPOILER?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
COMIC SPOILER?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-12-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
This also fully explains the zombie stuck in the mud.
Ok now you are all trolling, why did a zombie being stuck in the mud need explaining?

Also this is hilarious.

http://videogum.com/490241/the-walki...ins/tv/recaps/

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Ok now you are all trolling, why did a zombie being stuck in the mud need explaining?

Also this is hilarious.

http://videogum.com/490241/the-walki...ins/tv/recaps/
LOL I guess I should have said supported by the zombie in the mud

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 05:59 AM    (permalink
Snicho
Veteran

Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why dont you guys try and write a show like the walking dead without plot holes in it. Im sure it isnt an easy job. I think they do a bloody excellent job with this show. Its much better then Breaking Bad at least.

Last edited by Snicho : 03-13-2012 at 06:01 AM.
Snicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snicho View Post
why dont you guys try and write a show like the walking dead without plot holes in it. Im sure it isnt an easy job. I think they do a bloody excellent job with this show. Its much better then Breaking Bad at least.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I hope you're kidding, seriously.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote