Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-17-2014, 04:27 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fantastic episode all around.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The first half was so ******* bad, I almost just gave up. I was too lazy to change the channel. I actually think the two little girls are solid actors, but of course the show killed them off. The little sister getting killed saved the episode from being one of the absolute worst episodes of television of all-time.

Why won't the stop trying to make us give a **** about Carol and just kill her off already? Holy crap, did the actress catch a higher up Sanduskying some boy?
Talk about an over reaction.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that's an EXTREME overreaction. I thought it was a solid episode for the most part, and Carol/Cuddy were both damn good. The kids could have been better but those two made up for it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:42 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great episode. Start to finish. I agree the imagery was incredibly creepy with Judith on the blanket and Lizzy with bloody hands and the knife.

Carol has always been an excellent character. She has, by a large margin, the most character development of anyone in the show. She transformed from the wimpy punching bag (useless chic) that everyone hates in the show into a hardass, do-what-needs-doing survivor. She, to me, seems to be everything people complain they want from the writers who make all the women awful, and people hate her for it.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:47 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that blanket scene and the ending scene with the voice over gave me chills

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:56 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Yeah, that's an EXTREME overreaction. I thought it was a solid episode for the most part, and Carol/Cuddy were both damn good. The kids could have been better but those two made up for it.
Totally congree.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:03 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Great episode. Start to finish. I agree the imagery was incredibly creepy with Judith on the blanket and Lizzy with bloody hands and the knife.

Carol has always been an excellent character. She has, by a large margin, the most character development of anyone in the show. She transformed from the wimpy punching bag (useless chic) that everyone hates in the show into a hardass, do-what-needs-doing survivor. She, to me, seems to be everything people complain they want from the writers who make all the women awful, and people hate her for it.
I agree with your point about her developing into a character that is strong and does the logical thing within the context of her current character and the situational context.

She's not always right, but she has reason behind her actions. I enjoy that. She went from a completely terribly written and portrayed weakling to a strong woman that tries her best to protect her pack.

So many women in TV and film are written poorly. That is one reason that I love House of Cards.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post

but but but videa said she isn't
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like how the production values in this show keep changing for this season. The groups are constantly on the run and out in the open without any protective shelter for more than a session. Haven't seen this since season 1 for the most part. There is no prison or farm for set pieces that are consistently occupied by the characters. Every episode it's a new house or new part of the wilderness.

Quote:
Old 03-17-2014, 12:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I really like how the production values in this show keep changing for this season. The groups are constantly on the run and out in the open without any protective shelter for more than a session. Haven't seen this since season 1 for the most part. There is no prison or farm for set pieces that are consistently occupied by the characters. Every episode it's a new house or new part of the wilderness.
Indeed. There is far more tension in small groups wandering open environments, and it has a dramatic impact on my ability to get invested in each character and episode.

It'll be great until all that awesome tension terminates at Terminus. lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They've salvaged Carol a lot since the beginning of the show. They just had an episode focused on her small group and it wasn't the worst thing ever. Imagine saying that 2 years ago.

Ive loved this season. Ive always liked the show when it focuses on the characters. When they were at the farm and the jail, minus the parts with the Governor, it always seems the story was more human vs. nature than truly having the characters interact with each other.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 03-17-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought this season has been incredibly boring. Every episode it seems characters want to talk about their feelings and reflect on things. I guess I am looking for more action or just want them to find the sanctuary.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Thought this season has been incredibly boring. Every episode it seems characters want to talk about their feelings and reflect on things. I guess I am looking for more action or just want them to find the sanctuary.
Not. Enough. Zombiessssssssssss.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carol has probably become the strongest character left at this point.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:04 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Find a balance is key. A lot of people have complained about lack of character development with certain people within this show. It seems like we've gotten that a lot this season. Personally I think the action is what it is at this point. The zombies won't change. The only diverse action you're going to get is from encounters with other non-effected humans. Anyways, there are only two episodes left this season. They'll probably find Terminus in the last episode.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2014, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Carol has probably become the strongest character left at this point.
Easily. She's tough and will do whats right for the group to survive. She should easily be in charge instead of Rick
Old 03-19-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Easily. She's tough and will do whats right for the group to survive. She should easily be in charge instead of Rick
Are we still having that debate this long into the show? I'm actually wondering, I havent watched more than minutes of this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Are we still having that debate this long into the show? I'm actually wondering, I havent watched more than minutes of this season.
why are you asking when you clearly are reading us having this debate?
Old 03-20-2014, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol thats awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually like the set up of this episode. It was nice that it bounced around a little more then locking in on one group. Glenn finding Maggie was certainly supposed to be the high point of the episode but there was also the second climax cliff hanger with the group that reaches terminus.

Also, liked how they left the suspense with Daryl's group closing on Rick. That should bring the action that we've been wanting to see once they meet up, which likely be next weeks finally.

I wonder if they even touch on Beth before the season ends, or possibly if that will be the opening of next season.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's get you settled and I will fix you all a nice plate of human...
Old 03-24-2014, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Old 03-24-2014, 02:16 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

given that this is the most successful show on TV, is it really too much to ask for a World War Z (novel, battle of something) or Blackwater Bay-esque stand against the zombies? like actually fight through one of those hordes. spend a couple episodes on it.

This show gets a lot of flak for having horrible characters and dialogue but if they made it a true zombie showdown show I wouldn't mind any of these characters fighting through it. and i hate all these characters!

even the first season had that 2nd episode where the whole thing was defending themselves from the zombies outside the building. get back to that. no more tanks, no more diseases, i demand fullscale zombie warfare.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Claimed!

Anyways, I'm guessing Beth Burgers will be on the menu next week. Cool to see Denise Crosby again.

Quote: