Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 8: Browns at 49ers

Week 8:
Sunday, October, 30, 2011

Cleveland Browns (3-3)
at
San Francisco 49ers (5-1)

Time: 1:15 pm pst

Was it just me, or was that like the most satisfying bye week we've ever had? A whole two weeks of basking in the glow of our surprising record, the defeats of Detroit and Philly and the destruction of Tampa. Oh, and our coach apparently has an iron handshake. Oh, and everyone else in the NFC West lost on Sunday. Life is frickin beautiful right now.

So, it's been a little difficult to get back into the swing of things. And I admit I am a little more comfortable considering how great of a start the 9ers have gotten off to. But alas, let's get back to whooping some ass.

Unfortunately, this is a classic trap game. Coming off a long layoff, against an inferior team, it's quite possible we come out a little overconfident and look past the Browns. In fact, I'd say it's a real possibility. I just hope we can overcome it.

They got this guy:

Probably won't play.

They got this guy:

Probably won't play.

Well, at least they got this guy:

Uhhhh, yeah, he's probably not playing either.

Damn, we should stomp these guys.

OK, well, I hope we don't see this guy:

I'd rather see this guy:

And moar of this beast:

And definitely this guy:

Let's do this!

Standings: West coast dream team baby!

NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers (5-1)
2. Seattle Seahawks (2-4)
3. Arizona Cardinals (1-5)
4. St. Louis Rams (0-6)

AFC North
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2)
2. Cincinnati Bengals (4-2)
2. Baltimore Ravens (4-2)
4. Cleveland Browns (3-3)

Special Note: Cleveland coach Pat Shurmur intends to wear this for the postgame handshake:

Old 10-28-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice write once again Borat.keep'em coming along..I don't think we will have to worry about the Browns half of the starters are out and defense will be well rested. We should be able to walk away with a nice win.Just wish I could watch it on my big screen instead of my laptop.Sadly WA coverage sucks.I just we can see more passing in the first half so we don't have to play behind again.Gotta have to wait and see.But I'm excited to see us playing again...Longest bye week ever .
Old 10-28-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should crush the Browns but with all their injuries, im just hoping that we dont have a letdown.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns should get killed. I don't think Hillis is questionable. Whether it's him or Hadesty they're not running on us. They're both the type of runners that the 49ers defense just flat out stops. The north and south type. And Colt shouldn't pass the ball very well at all. I don't see how the 49ers can't win this game, unless it's a sloppy turnover fest.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would enjoy a nice 200 yard game for Gore with a few long breakaways.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-28-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe another 300 yard game by Alex Smith or that asking too much .
Old 10-29-2011, 03:37 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I doubt Smith passes for close to that amount. I'm guessing we run the ball against a Browns defense that hasn't been that great on the ground. Apparently the Browns aren't that bad against the pass (although they haven't played any hard teams really). If the ground game gets going early, there won't be too much of a need to pass the rock. I'm hoping that the coaching staff opens it up a little more and Smith has gotten a little more comfortable with the offense these last two weeks. I'll be looking to see where he passes the ball. If he keeps passing in towards the sidelines and in the flat, or starts to pass more over the middle and takes some shots down the field.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-29-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:29 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thread with Admiral Ackbar in it gets a thumbs up from me, so well done Borat.

I am really hoping Braylon is back from this game. Joe Haden may not have an island named after him but he sure can take an opposing receiver out of a game. The Browns are top five in blitzing, so I believe Harbaugh will leave Vernon in to block for a majority of the game. Without Edwards we are pretty much down to Ginn and Walker as the main passing options. Though (in terms of completion %) Alex is 3rd in the league against blitz and needs to take advantage of Cleveland aggressive front.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:24 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Doubtful to happen. Every time we have gotten at early lead this year we have gone into coast-mode, Smith attempted less than 25 passes in all three games in which we had a double-digit lead, and we will likely do so if we get an early lead again. If they can keep it close while stopping the running then maybe but I doubt Smith attempts more than around 25 passes.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 10-29-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis

We won't get 300 yards passing because our receivers suck. Crabtree can't run routes at all. Vernon is a horrible TE. Delanie very bad. Ted Ginn=teh suxorz. If only Alex had Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson outside....MAYBE, then he could throw for 300. But no, our horrible front office keeps giving him these practice-squad caliber receivers.

Alex FTW!

signed,

Phlysac, abaddon41_80, Binary.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Davis terrible ,what are you smoking dude?He is the best in the league get real.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis

Quote:
Davis terrible ,what are you smoking dude?He is the best in the league get real.
Nah he sucks. Only looks good cause Alexander the Great throws it to him. Overall, he holds Alex back. Has speed but can't adjust his routez.

The real problem is Crabtree the diva. What a HORRIBLE receiver!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickWillis View Post
We won't get 300 yards passing because our receivers suck. Crabtree can't run routes at all. Vernon is a horrible TE. Delanie very bad. Ted Ginn=teh suxorz. If only Alex had Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson outside....MAYBE, then he could throw for 300. But no, our horrible front office keeps giving him these practice-squad caliber receivers.

Alex FTW!

signed,

Phlysac, abaddon41_80, Binary.
This is the type of post that just spreads negativity and makes this board terrible; putting words into other people's mouths is never a good look.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, Crabtree is the only one that sucks.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't feed the troll.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Hillis is inactive.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Almost game time fellas.Looking for a great 49er win today.at least by 14 points .
Old 10-30-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Yeah....Manny Lawson is better than Ahmad Brooks...NOT
Old 10-30-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Alex gets lucky again with a terrible slant pass. Must have been braylons fault for a horrible route, right guys? ALL our receivers suck at route running!
Old 10-30-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Seriously, Crabtree is the only one that sucks.
Yep, totally. Practice squad caliber.

Last edited by PatrickWillis : 10-30-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
This is the type of post that just spreads negativity and makes this board terrible; putting words into other people's mouths is never a good look.
You said he was creeping into the top 10 ranks of QB's

Last edited by Borat : 10-30-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: personal attack
Old 10-30-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Braylon did get two hands on that pass, twice.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Braylon did get two hands on that pass, twice.
Of course it's Braylon's fault...Never mind the fact that it was thrown extremly behind him and the only reason he had a chance at catching it agin was a lucky tip in the air....Holy facepalm you are biased.

Not alex's fault at all!
Old 10-30-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Just get Alex some route runnerz!
Old 10-30-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love how Brooks loses his helmet and still gets the sack/fumble to gain the momentum for Frisco right away.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Closed Thread