Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-26-2007, 04:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default *FLASHBACK-First Round Pick Preferences

With our draft options wide open, I thought I'd start a thread where we can list the players that we like at position that you think we can address in round 1, either by moving up slightly (outside of the top 10) or staying put.

Listed in order of preference. Remember, this is merely a listing of a single player at the position.

NT Alan Branch - Here's my single trade up scenario. We need a NT and Branch could fit the bill.

WR, Dwyane Jarrett - I would be one happy man if this were to happen. I honestly don't think there is a lot that separates him from Calvin based off on field production and abiltiy to make plays.

OG, Ben Grubbs - Wow, what a beastly OL we'd have. Our interior would be so so amazing and reminiscent of the 90's. Adams/Grubbs/Gurode/Davis/Columbo. Would allow Kosier to serve as a backup at LG, RG, or RT.

CB Chris Houston - A complete cornerback with elite measureables.

OLB Jarvis Moss - Really knows how to get to the QB and has a real skill in blocking kicks.

S Reggie Nelson - Not really believing that this happens anymore.

OT, Joe Staley - I think that we can wait for next year to address LT.

DE Adam Carriker - I have my doubts about adding more youth to the position.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:45 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

WR- Robert Meachem

Trade Down- OG Justin Blalock

Trade Up- DT Alan Branch

S- Reggie Nelson

NO CB!!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 10:22 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Unit,
You posted in this thread many times http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ht=alan+branch, why won't you listen to reason? I already knew he isn't a NT, but that thread makes it obvious. Is it nfl.com's listing of NT/DT preventing you from listening to reason? Saying "that's a coaching issue" to every argument is a cop out and a BS answer. You say "what about Ted Washington"? He's the exception, not the rule.

Believe me, I would take Jason's replacement before I'd take CB,S, or WR if there was a top one in the Draft.

As for thread topic, I think I still want Reggie Nelson.
1. Reggie Nelson
2. BPA among Meachem, Jarrett, Bowe, Ginn, Houston, Brown
3. Trade back for Grubbs, Staley, or Blalock
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
Unit,
You posted in this thread many times http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ht=alan+branch, why won't you listen to reason? I already knew he isn't a NT, but that thread makes it obvious. Is it nfl.com's listing of NT/DT preventing you from listening to reason? Saying "that's a coaching issue" to every argument is a cop out and a BS answer. You say "what about Ted Washington"? He's the exception, not the rule.

Believe me, I would take Jason's replacement before I'd take CB,S, or WR if there was a top one in the Draft.

As for thread topic, I think I still want Reggie Nelson.
1. Reggie Nelson
2. BPA among Meachem, Jarrett, Bowe, Ginn, Houston, Brown
3. Trade back for Grubbs, Staley, or Blalock
I'm all for listening to reason. What is it? LOL @ your comment about coaching being a cop out. There is assignment, scheme, technique that all go into how Branch played at Michigan... to say, "This is how he played at Michigan and that's how he'll play in the NFL..." is pretty dumb logic. Oh, and I've said Branch could play NT waaaaaay before that article came out buddy. It only justifies my reason. ...did you miss the part where Kirwan said the list was compiled by him talking to NFL scouts and coaches??? I don't care what you have to say, but I'd waaaaay rather side with them than you. WHAT IS YOUR REASON? DON'T COP OUT ON ME! BRING IT!

Oh and about Ted Washington... Branch weighed close to 400 in high school. Washington at 365 is nothing. Branch can get to the weight that his NFL coaches want him to. He'll be a stud in the NFL.

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-26-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moving Up
1. Leon Hall
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Ted Ginn Jr.
4. Levi Brown
5. Adam Carriker

Moving Down
1. Marcus McCauley

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Moving Up
1. Leon Hall
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Ted Ginn Jr.
4. Levi Brown
5. Adam Carriker

Moving Down
1. Marcus McCauley
So I take it you don't want to stay at 22? haha.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NT - I would prefer to drop down and take Tank.
OL - Grubbs; I think he's more aggressive than Blalock. I also would not mind dropping down and getting Staley.
WR - Bowe; I like him slightly better than Meacham.
OLB - Moss; he and Ware would make a scary tandem.
CB - Houston due to the level of competition he has played.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So I take it you don't want to stay at 22? haha.
No I would be fine at staying. Ross/Revis/Houston will be available. Bowe/Mecheam/Jarrett should be available...we could reach for a OL or we could go with a rush backer. Lots of options at 22...I thought this was a what would you want to move for thread!

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-26-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Trade down : DeMarcus Tyler - I dont think we have a realistic shot at Branch, so if we decide NT is an absolute need I would be good with trading down for tyler.

at 22:

CB: Revis/Houston/Ross -- I'd actually like Ross, but i would be happy with any of the three

OLB: Moss/Johnson -- I know Moss is the guy for many of you here, but i like Charles Johnson, I think the guy is a player, hes a great athlete. I watched alot of Georgia this last season and I was really impressed with the guy, that being said either one of these two guys would be great for us in the first

I think no matter what we do we need to adress the defense and hopefully wade does whatever he needs to do to recreate what he had on the defensive side of the ball in SD
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Trade down : DeMarcus Tyler - I dont think we have a realistic shot at Branch, so if we decide NT is an absolute need I would be good with trading down for tyler.

at 22:

CB: Revis/Houston/Ross -- I'd actually like Ross, but i would be happy with any of the three

OLB: Moss/Johnson -- I know Moss is the guy for many of you here, but i like Charles Johnson, I think the guy is a player, hes a great athlete. I watched alot of Georgia this last season and I was really impressed with the guy, that being said either one of these two guys would be great for us in the first

I think no matter what we do we need to adress the defense and hopefully wade does whatever he needs to do to recreate what he had on the defensive side of the ball in SD
IMO Tyler is good at stop the run but Tyler is not fast enough and had a short arm.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc View Post
IMO Tyler is good at stop the run but Tyler is not fast enough and had a short arm.
Not fast enough to what? Chase down WRs? ...and he doesn't have short arms. People get that impression from his impressive bench press numbers, but he does not have short arms. I find that laughable.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

I was just reading something, and they said Tyler is mobing down and is not a NT and can't take on 2 gaps. What do you think of that D-Unit?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not fast enough to what? Chase down WRs? ...and he doesn't have short arms. People get that impression from his impressive bench press numbers, but he does not have short arms. I find that laughable.
NFL.com said he has short arm.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
I was just reading something, and they said Tyler is mobing down and is not a NT and can't take on 2 gaps. What do you think of that D-Unit?
Good thing Wade runs a 1 gap scheme huh?

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-26-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

I meant 2 blockers, sorry. D-Unit is always whining about how Fergy can't handle 2 blockers, whell I hate to break it to you, but Tyler is only 306.... And probably can't take 2 blockers either.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In no particular order

Jarvis Moss- DE-he can make the transition to OLB and be that other pass rushing OLB we need.

Robert Meachem- WR- receiver with excellent speed and a lot of upside

Chris Houston- CB- fast and very physical

Aaron Ross- CB- versatile player that can play CB or S

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
With our draft options wide open, I thought I'd start a thread where we can list the players that we like at position that you think we can address in round 1, either by moving up slightly (outside of the top 10) or staying put.

Listed in order of preference. Remember, this is merely a listing of a single player at the position.

NT Alan Branch - Here's my single trade up scenario. We need a NT and Branch could fit the bill.

WR, Dwyane Jarrett - I would be one happy man if this were to happen. I honestly don't think there is a lot that separates him from Calvin based off on field production and abiltiy to make plays.

OG, Ben Grubbs - Wow, what a beastly OL we'd have. Our interior would be so so amazing and reminiscent of the 90's. Adams/Grubbs/Gurode/Davis/Columbo. Would allow Kosier to serve as a backup at LG, RG, or RT.

CB Chris Houston - A complete cornerback with elite measureables.

OLB Jarvis Moss - Really knows how to get to the QB and has a real skill in blocking kicks.

S Reggie Nelson - Not really believing that this happens anymore.

OT, Joe Staley - I think that we can wait for next year to address LT.

DE Adam Carriker - I have my doubts about adding more youth to the position.

In terms of first round picks, those are the same for me, except with Revis or Hall at CB. In terms of overall value, however, I would replace Moss with Brian Robinson, Nelson with Weddle, and Carriker with Alama-Francis.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

NT - Alan Branch, I agreen with D trade up to get him 330 lbs long arm, pretty strong (33 bench)
WR Robert Meacham - he is very smooth with good hand
DE Adam Carriker - He should able to pusg Spear to the bench, if he does not show improvement plus need dept to replace Coleman
CB - Revis
Old 03-26-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'd just like to go out of my way and say I LOVE BRIAN ROBINSON to the cowboys...I'll be very happy to see him here in the 2nd round.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-26-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Finlayson56
Rookie

Finlayson56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Nelson
2. Bowe
3. Meriweather
Old 03-27-2007, 03:40 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st-Branch (trade up). Need and potential
2nd-Ginn. Can't beleive I am calling his name, but I would be excited to have a true return specialist.
3rd-Jarvis Moss. If Ellis has issues, we would still be ok.

if we trade down...
Blaylock
Griffin

I wouldn't be mad with any of these quys
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:05 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Staley
Chris Houston
Aaron Ross
Dwaye Jarrett

In that order...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
yno88
Rookie

yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.

Where are people getting that Branch can't be our NT? All you need to be a NT is big and strong, and Branch certainly fits that bill. People of all shapes and sizes have been NTs in the NFL, from the 6-0 265 Curly Culp to 6-6 365 Ted Washington.

Especially with the way Wade Phillips uses his DLs as attackers rather than space eaters, Branch makes a lot of sense.

I think Branch is the pick, but then again I'm the dummy who thought Gabe Watson was the pick last year.
yno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yno88 View Post
Where are people getting that Branch can't be our NT? All you need to be a NT is big and strong, and Branch certainly fits that bill. People of all shapes and sizes have been NTs in the NFL, from the 6-0 265 Curly Culp to 6-6 365 Ted Washington.

Especially with the way Wade Phillips uses his DLs as attackers rather than space eaters, Branch makes a lot of sense.

I think Branch is the pick, but then again I'm the dummy who thought Gabe Watson was the pick last year.
dont feel bad he was on my list as possible r.1 picks as well

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey bro, I liked Watson last year too!! Not first round, but I liked him. And he hasn't exactly proved you wrong yet. He showed he has something, imo.
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote