Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 02-26-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dang, none of the pass-rushers seem to be impressing the scouts. My favorite was Branch, but now I don't know what to think!
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Perry weighed in at 270 which isnt ideal for a 3-4 OLB. He said he would like to play in the 4-3 so he might not be too willing to move to OLB

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I read about Olivier Vernon the more I want the Packers to draft him. He could be our 3rd round pick at OLB. 31 reps at 225. Also, the kid from Oklahoma had like 35 reps. I am interested to see how both of them run.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Nick Perry weighed in at 270 which isnt ideal for a 3-4 OLB. He said he would like to play in the 4-3 so he might not be too willing to move to OLB
Yeah I don't want the guy who says he prefers to play with his hand on the ground.
I want the guy who wants to stand up and hunt QBs ala Demarcus Ware, Von Miller, and Clay, Harrison, Woodley, etc.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Olivier Vernon Tape:

Old 02-27-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Olivier Vernon Tape:

I saw a lot of Erik Walden there...
Where are the highlights?
Great name though for a brutha.... Oliv-EE-AYYYYY
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know much about Olivier, but at this point my top two I think are Curry and Irvin in no particular order. I think both guys have the athleticism and work ethic Greene likes. IMO if you give Greene a guy with athleticism and the yearn to learn and you'll have a hell of a player.

Irvin may be raw but damn I think with some coaching he's going to be a terror off the edge.

I agree that if Perry is already stating he wants to play with his hand in the ground, steer clear of him.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw Irvin on the NFLN stream. Even at 245 he looks lean. I think he could add more weight without losing much quickness. Though seems like he has it to spare.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't get to see Curry run but, right now if I had to rank my OLBs I'd go:

1.Curry
2.Irvin
3.Branch

Does anybody have CM3's 40 time and 10 yard split time? For comparisons.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

CM3 in 2009
40yd : 4.67
10yd : 1.49
3cone : 6.90
reps@225 : 23
vert : 35.5
weight: 240

Did he really weigh-in at 240? I don't remember him being that light.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
CM3 in 2009
40yd : 4.67
10yd : 1.49
3cone : 6.90
reps@225 : 23
vert : 35.5
weight: 240

Did he really weigh-in at 240? I don't remember him being that light.
1.49 for his 10 yard split! **** thats explosive!

Vinny Curry 10 yard split was only 1.69ish if i remember correctly. Not that explosive tbh. I think he could out sprinted by Fletcher Cox for the first 10 yards.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-27-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
1.49 for his 10 yard split! **** thats explosive!

Vinny Curry 10 yard split was only 1.69ish if i remember correctly. Not that explosive tbh. I think he could out sprinted by Fletcher Cox for the first 10 yards.
Keep in mind that Curry is doing that at 260+ and Matthews was apparently 240.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Keep in mind that Curry is doing that at 260+ and Matthews was apparently 240.
And fletcher cox is like 290.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-27-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Well Olivier Vernon pretty much sucked at the 40...I absolutely do not want Bruce Irvin, he is alot like Curry in which he just runs up the field as fast as he can (which is very fast). Curry freaking sucked today. Ronnell Lewis did well for himself (35 reps at 225 and a 4.69ish 40). I am really thinking we go something other than OLB in the 1st round, unless Mercilus falls (but I am really unsure if Mercilus is a 3-4 OLB). Branch is okay, although I wonder about him and the Clemson stigma.

So the way I see it, we either draft Mercilus, Branch, or Lewis in Round 1, or we look elsewhere (DE or CB). Then in the 2nd round we might have a chance to pick up Lewis if we can trade up or get a nice high 2nd rounder for Flynn.

In addition, I would really like to see Derek Wolfe in a Packer uniform next season, and Dontari Poe and Fletcher Cox are no longer in consideration at pick 28.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Well Olivier Vernon pretty much sucked at the 40...I absolutely do not want Bruce Irvin, he is alot like Curry in which he just runs up the field as fast as he can (which is very fast). Curry freaking sucked today. Ronnell Lewis did well for himself (35 reps at 225 and a 4.69ish 40). I am really thinking we go something other than OLB in the 1st round, unless Mercilus falls (but I am really unsure if Mercilus is a 3-4 OLB). Branch is okay, although I wonder about him and the Clemson stigma.

So the way I see it, we either draft Mercilus, Branch, or Lewis in Round 1, or we look elsewhere (DE or CB). Then in the 2nd round we might have a chance to pick up Lewis if we can trade up or get a nice high 2nd rounder for Flynn.

In addition, I would really like to see Derek Wolfe in a Packer uniform next season, and Dontari Poe and Fletcher Cox are no longer in consideration at pick 28.
I thought Ronnel Lewis looked stiff. Not to mention he must be dumber than a box or rocks considering he couldn't even play in his teams bowl game this season because of grades.

CM3s 10yd was insane!!! I think I would be happy with either Irvin or Curry. As far as Branch and the Clemson stigma goes... I think TT and company would have that evaluated through the interviewing process.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Fletcher Cox and then a trade up for Branch/Irvin/Curry would be ideal!

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-27-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Quote:
If we got Fletcher Cox that would be an A+ for me.

On a side note, does anyone think that Trent Richardson will fall to like picks 10-15?
Old 02-27-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If we got Fletcher Cox that would be an A+ for me.

On a side note, does anyone think that Trent Richardson will fall to like picks 10-15?
Yeah i think he will. Miami is probably the highest he'll and the Jets is probably the lowest, 8-16 range.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-27-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
AMEN! BROTHER!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no way will Cox be in play for our first round pick...I think we could see him coming off the board as high as Carolina with Seattle and Dallas as teams that would be salivating at the possibility of taking him

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
no way will Cox be in play for our first round pick...I think we could see him coming off the board as high as Carolina with Seattle and Dallas as teams that would be salivating at the possibility of taking him
Thats what i was about to say haha. If Brockers go to Washington then Cox will be in Carolina.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-27-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats what i was about to say haha. If Brockers go to Washington then Cox will be in Carolina.
Cox will be off the board before Brockers...Cox has more versatilty, is more proven, more physically gifted and provides considerable more upside as a pass rusher

Old 02-27-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Cox will be off the board before Brockers...Cox has more versatilty, is more proven, more physically gifted and provides considerable more upside as a pass rusher
Swap them round then. Cox to Washington and Brockers to Carolina? Maybe a bit high for Cox but still. The guy ran the same time as Quinton Coples, the so called "Julius Peppers" of this draft.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-27-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Swap them round then. Cox to Washington and Brockers to Carolina? Maybe a bit high for Cox but still. The guy ran the same time as Quinton Coples, the so called "Julius Peppers" of this draft.
I don't see Brockers as a Top 10 or even Top 15 selection any longer...he's been touted as a raw kid with great athleticism and tremendous upside...the upside might be there but the combine showed that maybe he's not the athlete that most thought and the tape of his games where he's pretty much limited to being a run stuffer and not much of a pass rushing force is validated and concerning

Old 02-28-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Bruce Irvin numbers for comparison
6'3" 245
40yd: 4.5
10y : 1.53
20yshut : 4.03
3cone: 6.70
broadjump: 123.0
reps@225: : 23
vert: 33.5

This guy is incredibly raw. He stated in interviews that he's never been coached on how to be an edge rusher. What the hell were those coaches at WVU doing?