Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-09-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was worst case scenario though. Best case is keeping Wells, Lang playing well and us resigning him and Sherrod living up to his draft pick. We would have a very young and promising offensive line.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
That was worst case scenario though. Best case is keeping Wells, Lang playing well and us resigning him and Sherrod living up to his draft pick. We would have a very young and promising offensive line.
Sherrod will have to red-shirt next year.
Don't expect him to contribute.
In fact, I think it increases the chances that Clifton is not done yet.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, Curry redeemed himself at his pro day.

40yd : 4.64 & 4.69
reps@225: 28 ( He claims to have done as many as 34-35 in workouts)
vert: 35

Not seeing any new numbers for Irvin but word is he looked excellent in drills.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
BTW, Curry redeemed himself at his pro day.

40yd : 4.64 & 4.69
reps@225: 28 ( He claims to have done as many as 34-35 in workouts)
vert: 35

Not seeing any new numbers for Irvin but word is he looked excellent in drills.
Glad to hear it. I read a report from a scout who said something like, "Remove the M from his helmet and he is the pass pure pass rusher in this draft".

Definetly like Curry and Mercilus at this point, not sure who I like more.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One name I think we'll see connected to the Packers first round pick, especially given the uncertainty with Nick Collins, will be Notre Dame's Harrison Smith. Smith is a smart, instinctive player who possesses underrated athleticism, and we saw last year the importance of having a leader at the safety position, which Morgan Burnett just doesn't seem to be someone who'll be that guy.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
One name I think we'll see connected to the Packers first round pick, especially given the uncertainty with Nick Collins, will be Notre Dame's Harrison Smith. Smith is a smart, instinctive player who possesses underrated athleticism, and we saw last year the importance of having a leader at the safety position, which Morgan Burnett just doesn't seem to be someone who'll be that guy.
It took Collins 4 years to develop into the position, I wouldn't write Burnett off yet as a leader.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burnett has shown signs of potential. He was injured all of 2010 and missed an offseason last year. It would be very unfair to rule him out already.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-21-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh, I would rather take a chance on a guy like Jordan Bernstine from Iowa in like Round 5 or 6. He played CB his Fresh-Junior year at Iowa, but never stayed healthy, then, this season he played S and did pretty well. The guy is a freak athlete.

I mean, even though it would suck, we could live with Burnett and Peprah again. If we got a little bit more of a pass rush, our secondary wouldn't have to cover as long.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So are Packer fans expecting the Pack to go defense in round one? I've heard mention that the pass rush needs to be addressed. With Cullen Jackson (I think is his name) no longer in Green Bay, does the Pack have a need for an end?
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
So are Packer fans expecting the Pack to go defense in round one? I've heard mention that the pass rush needs to be addressed. With Cullen Jackson (I think is his name) no longer in Green Bay, does the Pack have a need for an end?
Not sure if this is a joke as this is pretty much all we have been talking about.

Until they sign a FA center I'm not ruling out a guy like Konz if he is there. But outside of center I can't see them going anywhere but defense in round 1. I think there will be a DB,DE,OLB worthy of that pick available.

Considering they offered Wells $4.5/year coming off a Pro Bowl season, it seems that Thompson is not interested in tying up a lot of money in the position so IMO the likely scenario is that they sign a veteran C to a reasonable 1 or 2 year deal and draft someone in round 3 or later.

That leaves defense, defense, defense for round 1 and 2. I hope.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No joke, I don't follow your draft needs so I was asking. Defensive linemen go quick, there's not many linebackers worth a 1st round pick, and in my mock I've got all 4 first round DBs gone by the time the Packers pick. Would you guys prefer reaching for a guy like Kendall Reyes or Ta'amu or go after Konz?
Old 03-23-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
No joke, I don't follow your draft needs so I was asking. Defensive linemen go quick, there's not many linebackers worth a 1st round pick, and in my mock I've got all 4 first round DBs gone by the time the Packers pick. Would you guys prefer reaching for a guy like Kendall Reyes or Ta'amu or go after Konz?
Reyes is a possibility but Ta'amu is more of what we already have, a guy who eats space and is not someone who will put pressure on the QB...I think Konz is out of the picture with the addition of Saturday.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Konz is out of the picture with the addition of Saturday.
Agreed. However, I could easily see the Packers drafting a guy like Brewster in the 3rd or 4th Round, and let him develop behind an All-Pro Center. Maybe even Molk could be a possibility in Rounds 5-7.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Agreed. However, I could easily see the Packers drafting a guy like Brewster in the 3rd or 4th Round, and let him develop behind an All-Pro Center. Maybe even Molk could be a possibility in Rounds 5-7.
I would guess Brewster is the guy they'll have their eyes on to "develop" out of this relatively weak center class.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Packers might have their eye on Kevin Zietler from Wisconsin, TT skipped USCs pro day this year which he typically always goes to, to go to UWs pro day. I have been reading that Zietler projects better as a Center in the NFL than guard.

TT was watching someone at UWs pro day maybe Konz at the time, but also possibly Zietler with the idea of developing him. I think Z could be had in the 3rd or 4th round.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
I think the Packers might have their eye on Kevin Zietler from Wisconsin, TT skipped USCs pro day this year which he typically always goes to, to go to UWs pro day. I have been reading that Zietler projects better as a Center in the NFL than guard.

TT was watching someone at UWs pro day maybe Konz at the time, but also possibly Zietler with the idea of developing him. I think Z could be had in the 3rd or 4th round.
Kevin Zeitler will be a late 1st-early 2nd round pick...he's the 2nd best guard in the class and we may not even have the chance to pick him at 28, might be off the board already

Old 03-23-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reyes is a possibility but Ta'amu is more of what we already have, a guy who eats space and is not someone who will put pressure on the QB...I think Konz is out of the picture with the addition of Saturday.
I wouldn't say that. We know how TT operates here. OLB/DE is a bigger issue, but if they have Konz the highest rated guy available on their board, you'd think they'll take him. Look at last year, they took a ton of offensive guys early on last year, including a WR when that wasn't even a need

Saturday got a 2 year deal, but the Packers can opt out of it after 2013 in case he craps the bed. I could still see them going Konz and just having him have a year of development/growth as well as learning from a savvy vet like Saturday rather than just drafting him and thrusting him into a starters role immediately

If anything though, it gives them more options here about which direction to go with their 1st round pick
Old 03-23-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Im not sure Konz will be available at #28.

As long as we get a good player i'll be happy i suppose, im a big believer in BAP so i'll always agree with TT's picks.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-26-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Think theres ne chance we can get Fletcher Cox in round 1. the guy reminds me of a pass rushin DT like we had with Jenkins. I kno scott has him goin 9 to the panthers in his mock draft,but i was checking out nfl.com mock drafts and Charley Casserly had him goin 31 to the pats. Is there ne chance we can get this guy.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Think theres ne chance we can get Fletcher Cox in round 1. the guy reminds me of a pass rushin DT like we had with Jenkins. I kno scott has him goin 9 to the panthers in his mock draft,but i was checking out nfl.com mock drafts and Charley Casserly had him goin 31 to the pats. Is there ne chance we can get this guy.
If Cox falls into the twenties (which I think is fairly realistic), I'd be in favor of trading up to try to secure him. It's certainly possible that Cox is there at #28 (I didn't see Bulaga being there at #24 in 2010), but I wouldn't bet on it.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
I believe there is zero chance that Cox will fall to 28

Old 03-27-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I did a mock today and this is how I see the first round playing out at this point

1. Indianapolis Colts :: Andrew Luck : QB : Stanford
2. Washington Redskins (f/STL) :: Robert Griffin III : QB : Baylor
3. Minnesota Vikings :: Matt Kalil : OT : USC
4. Cleveland Browns :: Trent Richardson : RB : Alabama
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers :: Morris Claiborne : CB : Louisiana State
6. St. Louis Rams (f/WAS) :: Justin Blackmon : WR : Oklahoma State
7. Jacksonville Jaguars :: Melvin Ingram : DE : South Carolina
8. Miami Dolphins :: Ryan Tannehill : QB : Texas A&M
9. Carolina Panthers :: Fletcher Cox : DT : Mississippi State
10. Buffalo Bills :: Riley Reiff : OT : Iowa
11. Kansas City Chiefs :: Dontari Poe : DL : Memphis
12. Seattle Seahawks :: Luke Kuechly : ILB : Boston College
13. Arizona Cardinals :: Courtney Upshaw : OLB : Alabama
14. Dallas Cowboys :: Quinton Coples : DE : North Carolina
15. Philadelphia Eagles :: Michael Brockers : DT : Louisiana State
16. New York Jets :: David DeCastro : OG : Stanford
17. Cincinnati Bengals (f/OAK) :: Dre Kirkpatrick : CB : Alabama
18. San Diego Chargers :: Mark Barron : S : Alabama
19. Chicago Bears :: Nick Perry : DE : USC
20. Tennessee Titans :: Peter Konz : C : Wisconsin
21. Cincinnati Bengals :: Cordy Glenn : OL : Georgia
22. Cleveland Browns (f/ATL) :: Michael Floyd : WR : Notre Dame
23. Detroit Lions :: Mike Adams : OT : Ohio State
24. Pittsburgh Steelers :: Dont’a Hightwower : ILB : Alabama
25. Denver Broncos :: Devon Still : DT : Penn State
26. Houston Texans :: Kendall Wright : WR : Baylor
27. New England Patriots (f/NO) :: Harrison Smith : S : Notre Dame
28. Green Bay Packers :: Shea McClellin : OLB : Boise State
29. Baltimore Ravens :: Amini Silatolu : OL : Midwestern State
30. San Francisco 49ers :: Kevin Zeitler : OG : Wisconsin
31. New England Patriots :: Andre Branch : OLB : Clemson
32. New York Giants :: Coby Fleener : TE : Stanford

Old 03-27-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Saw that one over in the Mocks forum. Definitely outside the box with McClellin in the first going before Branch, but if Thompson likes a guy he will take him earlier than some might expect.

EDIT: If this was the case who do you see them targeting in round 2?

I'd like Wolfe or Trumaine

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 03-27-2012 at 11:26 AM.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I've changed my ideal scenario to:

Andre Branch
Trumaine Johnson
Derek Wolfe

RIP themaninblack