Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-26-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really, really excited about the pick. Said that Perry was criminally underrated a couple of days ago. No other pass rusher excited me. Perfect for me.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When value meets need it is a good day for the Pack! TT has rarely taken players he doesn't find has value at that pick, and he's probably regretted the few times he has stretched for need.

Perry and Matthews were teammates and they'll be able to get in the groove together knocking down QBs. With the extra 4th and 7th rounders, thought TT might have traded up, but it looks like he got his favored player standing pat and will go about building roster competition. Could be another special year! Go Pack Go!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Concerns me that they used the whole clock to make the pick. If Perry is a guy they were sold on, given the need I'd think they sprint to the podium. Seems like they were very interested in moving out of that pick but couldn't get a deal they liked. Maybe that is just the Thompson factor though. Aways willing to deal if the price is right.

Then again I was lukewarm on the Matthews pick initially but took solace in the fact they aggressively pursued him.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Capers: "No. 1 criteria is if you have the explosive ability to come off the edge. That's the top priority. He ran 4.5 at 270 pounds."

Perry certainly fits the bill
And he had a 38.5 vert... and 35 bench press reps. SO EXCITED!

Thompson always uses all of the clock. What if Indy had offered the first pick of the second, where we likely could have still gotten Perry or at least Upshaw, and a 3rd and 4th?

His job is to seek out the most value he can get. Absolutely no reason not to wait and wait.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 04-26-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thompson was even quoted as saying that they were looking to move up and down, but nothing materialized. Why not take your time. That's why you have the 10 minutes
Old 04-27-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Perry and Matthews were teammates and they'll be able to get in the groove together knocking down QBs.
Yeah, I'm sure they developed quite the connection when Perry was redshirting for the Trojans in '08.

Still, I'm reasonably happy with this pick. For some reason, I never quite liked Perry at USC, but I realize that was really based on nothing but a hunch. He performed well on the field, tested well and fits a huge need for the Packers. Woo!
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh....I always love your picks. I hate it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Ugh....I always love your picks. I hate it.
Not Clay. ;)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's true, I thought Clay was a massive reach. Even us megaminds make mistakes from time to time.

He still needs to cut his hair, however. And I think he wears makeup.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I am thrilled with the pick of Perry. Physical freak of nature that hopefully turns out to be a stud and not a dud like Gholston. I really like that Perry and CM3 complement each other very well. This is a pretty bad a$$ article about Perry. (We got the #1 Pass rusher according to Football outsiders).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta.../sackseer-2012

Now, I just hope we can land Derek Wolfe. If we land him, this draft is an "A" for me.

1 for 1 on my mock draft thus far...come on Wolfe!!!
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:04 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things I want to see tomorrow:

1) A giant run on receivers in the early-mid second round.
2) A few reaches for QBs in the early second.
3) The Bears to once again neglect their O-Line
4) The Vikings to do something extra Vikingsy and take a RB or something.
5) The Lions to ignore their secondary.
6) The Packers to get a shot at a player like Konz, Worthy or Reyes in the second due to the aforementioned run on WRs and QBs.
7) Have the Packers come away with 2 of the following 3 positions filled: C, DE, CB
8) Have none of our rivals take any of the following players: Stephen Hill, Rueben Randle, Lamar Miller, Orson Charles, Coby Fleener, Janoris Jenkins, Mychal Kendricks, Lavonte David or Zach Brown. They all scare me at least a little, but none of them make sense for the Packers to take. Just keep them out of the North.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:09 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perry is gonna be a great fit for you guys! Luckily he slipped to ya. No USC bias... I promise. lol. ;)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think at this point if they can land Trumaine and Wolfe in 2 and 3 I would be pretty damn happy.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word is Packers are trying to trade for Colt Mccoy. I'd like that for a late rounder.

http://gnb.scout.com/2/1181537.html#...h_Q6vM.twitter

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Word is Packers are trying to trade for Colt Mccoy. I'd like that for a late rounder.

Even for a 4th rounder that would be phenomenal. McCoy has starting experience and a solid arm.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post

That would be a win-win for the Browns, even if it's for 2013 pick(s). They can still salvage this draft but they have to try harder.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Yeah there is something to work with there. After going to QB school for a year or two he could be solid.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather us just draft Russell Wilson or Ryan Lindley. Colt has no potential at all, at least if we get a younger guy we could "Matt Flynn" them, but instead trade them for some good picks.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I'd rather us just draft Russell Wilson or Ryan Lindley. Colt has no potential at all, at least if we get a younger guy we could "Matt Flynn" them, but instead trade them for some good picks.
Lindley yes...Wilson no. I just don't see it. Great college QB but his upside is as an excellent backup. Lindley I could see turning into a commodity with some grooming.

I think getting a guy with starting experience for a 6th/7th is a great move considering many 6th/7th round picks don't even make rosters. Stats don't always tell the picture but McCoy's numbers aren't all that bad considering what he was surrounded with on offense.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Lindley yes...Wilson no. I just don't see it. Great college QB but his upside is as an excellent backup. Lindley I could see turning into a commodity with some grooming.

I think getting a guy with starting experience for a 6th/7th is a great move considering many 6th/7th round picks don't even make rosters. Stats don't always tell the picture but McCoy's numbers aren't all that bad considering what he was surrounded with on offense.
Thats a good point, if we're talking a 6th or 7th i wouldnt mind it, i thought we were talking 4th.

I still dont like him though and i think if you need a backup you should draft a young guy, coach them into a better player and trade him 3 years down the line. Then you start the process again.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take him for a 6th or 7th. Wouldn't stop me from drafting a QB, though.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 04-27-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets hope this 1st rd USC LB works out like the last. Also trading for Colt for a late pick would be awesome.. if it doesn't happen I want Wilson.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCoy would be a great pick up for the Packers. He's had a chance to play, and no team wants him as a franchise QB. He's entering career backup mode, which is exactly what the Packers need. Rather than cycling through young backup QBs, McCoy is a veteran who could stay a while. He could be Rodgers' Doug Pederson.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We may bring in Colt McCoy but I would still invest another pick in a quarterback, who we can develop and possibly move for a higher return...I am a fan of Russell Wilson, think he has starter potential in the league, and Austin Davis is a guy I would target late in the draft if we go the developmental route

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote