Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-27-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the players still available, i've got a list of guys i think we should should look at:

Janoris Jenkins
Jerel Worthy
Peter Konz
Kendall Reyes
Devon Still
Brandon Thompson
Trumaine Johnson
Josh Robinson
Brandon Boykin
Jared Crick
Mike Martin
Casey Hayward
Derek Wolfe
George Iloka

If we picked any of these guys i would really like the pick, maybe we could get one in the 2nd and one in the 3rd. Not really sure which other way we could go, but maybe if they liked someone like LaMichael James or Isaiah Pead i wouldnt be too annoyed.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post

Janoris Jenkins
Jerel Worthy
Peter Konz
Kendall Reyes
Devon Still
Brandon Thompson
Trumaine Johnson
Josh Robinson
Brandon Boykin
Jared Crick
Mike Martin
Casey Hayward
Derek Wolfe

George Iloka
Off that list I bolded the 5 guys that I would be real excited to see us select at any point. There's just something about Brandon Boykin that I like, probably because he's simply a playmaker. His size, or lack thereof, doesn't fit what TT normally targets with his corners but there was a player worth breaking that trend for it'd be Boykin.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha, I won't lie, I'm hoping they get Trumaine Johnson since he's from my hometown and went to school here. Had the same thought with Doug Martin who went to my high school but I knew the Pack had bigger fish to fry in the 1st round rather than RB
Old 04-27-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
haha, I won't lie, I'm hoping they get Trumaine Johnson since he's from my hometown and went to school here. Had the same thought with Doug Martin who went to my high school but I knew the Pack had bigger fish to fry in the 1st round rather than RB
I just don't see Johnson as someone who translates to corner in the league and will eventually, if not immediately, make the transition to safety. I know safety is a significant need, and if the team feels it's worth a high investment, which we'll find out tonight, then I would have preferred to see Harrison Smith taken last night.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

In mock drafts it seems to be a popular choice for Chris Polk to go to the Packers...if that does indeed happen then I will not be a happy camper...what does he provide this team that Starks and Green don't already bring to the table or what qualities does he have that we wouldn't be able to find later in the draft?

Old 04-27-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
In mock drafts it seems to be a popular choice for Chris Polk to go to the Packers...if that does indeed happen then I will not be a happy camper...what does he provide this team that Starks and Green don't already bring to the table or what qualities does he have that we wouldn't be able to find later in the draft?
I'm not a fan of that either. I think it's just people looking at the Packers and saying, "they don't have a great running back, why not give them one?" I don't think the Packers see it that way. I think they're fine going with Starks, Green, Saine/Late pick.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys I'd love to see us pick up Day 2...

Jerel Worthy, Jared Crick, Trumaine Johnson, Derek Wolfe, LaMichael James, George Iloka, Antonio Allen.

I'd love to see us get someone at DE and S, but that's probably too obvious.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Stockton?

He said he grew up there as a "Raiders fan" -- if someone doesn't jump on him in the early 2nd he could easily go to the Raiders to replace Stanford Routt or be a safety.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must say I'm pretty happy with the Perry pick. He was one of the guys I wanted us to take being only 2nd to Mercilus. He has the skill set to make the transition but what I liked most of all was his explosiveness off the snap. If this kid can put it all together he could become a complete player. I'm really excited to get him into the OTAs and see how he fares.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
-------Top 10-----
Fletcher Cox (DE)
Melvin Ingram (OLB)

-------First Round-----

Peter Konz (C)
Shea McClellin (OLB)
Nick Perry (OLB)

Jerel Worthy (DE)
Dontari Poe (NT)
Michael Brockers (DE)

-------Second Round----
Whitney Mercilus (OLB)
Kendall Reyes (DE)
Brandon Thompson (DE)
Jared Crick (DE)

Courtney Upshaw (OLB)
Devon Still (DE)
Derek Wolfe (DE)

Chandler Jones (DE)
Ronnell Lewis (OLB)
Andre Branch (OLB)

-------Third Round----
Bruce Irvin (OLB)
Cam Johnson (OLB)

Vinny Curry (OLB)
Here's my big board going into day two. Bolded are targets, red off the board, blue no longer positionably viable. Keep in mind I didn't include any DBs, as I didn't watch any closely.

Last edited by jackalope : 04-27-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Stockton?

He said he grew up there as a "Raiders fan" -- if someone doesn't jump on him in the early 2nd he could easily go to the Raiders to replace Stanford Routt or be a safety.
Yep, Stockton native. Though once I finished high school I high tailed it out of that city.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

DE, C, S, CB. Hopefully they address 2 of these today.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say our needs in order are, DE/S/C/CB.

Jared Crick and Antonio Allen? I dont really know about this safety class.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-27-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Board is falling well so far. I'd like to see a trade up for Konz, but we should be able to sit back and get a good DL.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Peter Konz is still out there

Old 04-27-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

we moved up!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Please, Konz.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

worthy, leroy butler is announcing the pick and leaked it
Old 04-27-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the pick... Can we not leak the picks?
Old 04-27-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Really wanted Konz, but can't complain at all. Had a first round grade on Worthy. Great pick.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

obviously we like guys who run hot and cold this year

Old 04-27-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Cost us one of our three 4ths to go get Worthy. Good move. Loving our draft.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I trust this coaching staff to make sure they are always running "hot". They won't accept anything less

I wasn't sure what I was hoping for more there, Konz or one of the DT's. Pack wanted to address their biggest issues and they did just that with the first 2 picks

now TT has 9 picks left to add depth at CB/S/OL/RB
Old 04-27-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

I'm guessing Konz's medical concerns are causing him to drop. If he can stay healthy, someone's going to get a steal.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I like the pick! Defensive line is a big need and Worthy was great value there. Top rated player on Mayocks board and TT must like him if he TRADED UP for him.

Our pass rush could be transformed next season.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 04-27-2012 at 07:41 PM.