Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-27-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know that there are any starting centers left in this draft, but Thompson might be able to find one. If Crick is there in the 4th, I'd still add to the DL. Also, Cousins would be a good pick in the 4th. Gotta think we go QB soon.

Loving our draft.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Really like this draft so far. I'm not worried about motors hot and cold. This is the ******* NFL and the Packers coaches won't let Perry or Worthy play cold.

7 picks left I'd really like to see 1 QB, 1RB, 2OL (at least 1 C), 1DB, 1DL, 1LB but not in that order.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From CBS Sportsline
Quote:
LOSERS:Bill Belichick -- I know the Patriots needed a guy for the secondary and they got one in Tavon Wilson, but it's not like Belichick killed the second day of the draft. And he got swindled by Ted Thompson, who gave up two late-round picks and still managed to jump 30 spots. Never one to question the hoodie, but I'm not sure why he didn't just stick with two second-round picks instead.
Maybe TT has some tape of Belichick spying on teams... A couple years ago it was NE giving us Clay Matthews, now it is turning GB's third round pick into a second rounder (28 spot climb for the mere cost of a late fifth rounder) and swiping Heyward (15 career picks, 46 PDs, 148 solo tackles), one of the few CBs that could start for the Packers given his strength with press coverage schemes.

In the first two rounds GB might have found three starters. If the veterans show up in camp, still looks good for third down with the pass rush, a bigger, stronger and faster guy at DE and a press corner with special teams experience.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:19 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what do you guys expect to see in day 3? This is when Ted seems to get a bit crazy and take some off the wall guys

I'm expecting a QB(unless they trade for McCoy which I think would be a good move)

More depth at OL/DL, another DB and then something like a RB or ILB. 7 picks, though I have a feeling the Pack will move up again in the 4th or 5th
Old 04-28-2012, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
So what do you guys expect to see in day 3? This is when Ted seems to get a bit crazy and take some off the wall guys

I'm expecting a QB(unless they trade for McCoy which I think would be a good move)

More depth at OL/DL, another DB and then something like a RB or ILB. 7 picks, though I have a feeling the Pack will move up again in the 4th or 5th
Who cares?! We already won the draft. Wow.

I had a top 20 grade on Worthy and have been singing his praises for a while. To get him AND Nick Perry AND a legit Corner.. just wow. Insane. Our defense might literally be fixed. Move Woodson to FS, let House/Heyward/Bush battle out for the 3rd/4th/5th corner spots.. win a Super Bowl.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:21 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been thinking about us drafting center, but right now, i dont think its the right thing to do. Picking one now would be saying, we expect you to be the starter in a year, but i dont think you can do that to a 4th rounder. It would be better getting a 1st or 2nd round center next year, who is better than a 4th round one we get this year.

With our two comp picks i've been dreaming of Trenton Robinson and Jared Crick. I doubt Crick makes it there but it would be great if he did. It would mean we went 5-0 in favour of defense, but so be it. All the guys would come in with the potential to start.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:17 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Jones
Blake
Molk

None of these guys are immediate starters but I think they have to get somebody in other than EDS behind Saturday.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:00 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The top two probably wont be around when we pick. If they are though, i would be all for us selecting them.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-28-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Who cares?! We already won the draft. Wow.

I had a top 20 grade on Worthy and have been singing his praises for a while. To get him AND Nick Perry AND a legit Corner.. just wow. Insane. Our defense might literally be fixed. Move Woodson to FS, let House/Heyward/Bush battle out for the 3rd/4th/5th corner spots.. win a Super Bowl.
To say we won the draft is a bit over kill but the fact is we are having a great draft. It will be interesting to see what TT does today but I think this is the first time he really hasn't had one pick in the first three rounds that had some shock value.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
To say we won the draft is a bit over kill but the fact is we are having a great draft. It will be interesting to see what TT does today but I think this is the first time he really hasn't had one pick in the first three rounds that had some shock value.
I was being a bit excited.. way to burst my bubble!!

Still, Worthy is an absolute steal where we got him and I love him as a 3-4 DE. I've been on his manwagon for months.
Perry is just what we needed. And I think we're all guessing TT moves Woodson to safety and Heyward stays at CB.. which sounds great on paper.

We got two almost sure-fire (barring injuries) starters from the draft. I think that was the absolute best case scenario and one we all doubted a bit.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Jared Crick is still available!

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-28-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While we actually have a pretty deep DL at the moment, I would add Crick here. Fantastic value, and if injury is what's driving him down, we can afford the risk here.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

If it pays off we have a first round talent, who is exactly what we're missing. If he's Justin Harrell 3.0 (Mike Neal is 2.0), we only lost a 4th round pick and we already have Jerel Worthy.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-28-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Dont know about Mike Daniels...

Or Jerron McMillan

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-28-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Daniels for depth on the DL

McMillian is your usual small cool "who" guy that Ted loves to take later in drafts. Always so hard to predict what he'll do in these rounds
Old 04-28-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 picks all on defense makes me happy. 5 picks to go... id add another OLB, QB, HB, and 2 O-lineman. In no order and we could stray off that if there's a good value pick.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey dudes, long time no see. Loving the defensive approach to the draft so far. If we can come away with a QB prospect and some O-line/RB depth that'd be the perfect ending to an already great draft. Stoked for next season! Go Pack Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

This McMillian guy sounds like a SS. Physical and stout vs the run. Burnett to FS I'd say

Though Capers just said that this kid could play both FS and SS
Old 04-28-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Daniels is a very underrated pick. Seems like a rotational guy, obviously but he's hard to block. He's also very tough playing all last year hurt, so we won't have a Mike Neal on our hands.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Mike Daniels is a very underrated pick. Seems like a rotational guy, obviously but he's hard to block. He's also very tough playing all last year hurt, so we won't have a Mike Neal on our hands.
Agreed. He was productive against good competition and he's a great athlete. Fantastic pick. Our biggest weakness last year (DLine rotation) should be a strength this year.

We bring in Hargrove and Muir, two at least rotational talents, along with Worthy and Daniels and our returning guys. Should be an excellent off-season/pre-season competition to give us a really strong 5 or 6 man rotation.

The safety isn't someone I've heard of but he's blazing fast and a great tackler. I like that combination and I trust in TT and his small school guys.

Loving this draft. I give us an A+ so far.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheesh, talk about a huge push to improve the pass defense/pass rush. I like it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yeah I like the Daniels pick. Definitely a rotational guy but its perfect for this team. Dline depth and now they can keep everybody fresh

His weakness is that he isn't stout vs the run. That's why the Packers have Pickett. Bring Daniels in on obvious passing downs over Pickett to help get some more push up front. 3rd down D should be improved this year.

McMillian's numbers at his pro day were fantastic to. I trust this FO completely in their evaluations so we'll see how this turns out. It's the only pick I'm indifferent on, mainly since I just don't know about the guy

Loved the first 3 picks a lot, liked the Daniels pick for depth, and indifferent on McMillian. 5 picks left to go!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Back on the clock. TT has gone mad.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

So, our 6th and two 7ths for our old pick. In essence, we moved up a round (3rd to 2nd) for a 6th and two 7ths.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Odd pick. Where does he fit in besides special teams?