Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 02-19-2012, 07:24 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
dont get your hopes up
Good advice!
I never do anymore....... but then I start dreaming sometimes.... never about THE marquee guys but .....
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are everybodies thoughts on Janoris Jenkins? If he falls to 28, would you be happy if he was drafted?
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
What are everybodies thoughts on Janoris Jenkins? If he falls to 28, would you be happy if he was drafted?
His character concerns are too much for me...to get kicked out of a school like Florida you have to be quite the trouble maker and to add to it I think he's too undersized to be worthy of first round selection at that position

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
His character concerns are too much for me...to get kicked out of a school like Florida you have to be quite the trouble maker and to add to it I think he's too undersized to be worthy of first round selection at that position
Just ask Cam Newton.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like him as a player but dont want the Packers to get him. Really dont. He does come across as a decent guy from the interview Scott had with him but i still would be wary of him because of his past. He wouldnt fit in here.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Just ask Cam Newton.
Cam decided to transfer even after charges were dropped against him in the laptop incident while Jenkins was dismissed from the team...there is a difference obviously

Old 02-19-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just wondering, who is the Packers team leader? We dont seem to have one.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-19-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
just wondering, who is the Packers team leader? We dont seem to have one.
Woodson.
Rodgers.
Driver.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Woodson.
Rodgers.
Driver.
I meant on the forum haha.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-20-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
I meant on the forum haha.
PrinceFielder
Old 02-21-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

We pick at #28. Probably about 10 guys they have ranked HIGHER than 28 WILL be available at our pick at 28, and about 10 guys they have lower than 28 will actually be gone before our pick.

So with that being said, here's the guys I hope we get one or two of between our first two picks, however they shape up with trade ups or downs.....

10. Melvin Ingram, DL-OLB, South Carolina -- Few defensive prospects raised their game and draft stock as Ingram did last season. He's a playmaker who stands out in almost every aspect of the defense, with his ability to make plays behind the line of scrimmage or out to the flanks.

12. Michael Brockers, DL, LSU* -- Brockers capped off a tremendous sophomore season with an awesome showing in the national title game. He's an explosive interior lineman who eats up blocks and collapses the pocket.

14. Fletcher Cox, DL, Mississippi State* -- Cox is one of the hidden values at the defensive line position. Scouts feel he's one of few available three-down defenders and offers the ability to play as many as four different positions on the defensive line.

15. Courtney Upshaw, DE-OLB, Alabama -- Upshaw was the feared pass-rusher in Alabama's suffocating defense, and scouts expect much the same from him at the next level. The lingering question is which position will Upshaw play at the next level, outside linebacker or defensive end? Or both?

20. Nick Perry, DE-OLB, USC* -- The Trojan underclassman is a pass-rushing terror who combines quickness and speed to harass opposing quarterbacks. He offers tremendous potential and can stand up over tackle or be used out of a three-point stance.

26. Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis* -- Poe is a massive defender who easily moves his body around the field, making plays behind the line of scrimmage or out to the flanks. He offers a tremendous amount of upside potential and has the ability to play in a variety of defensive systems.

31. Vinny Curry, DE-OLB, Marshall -- Curry harassed quarterbacks for three years playing at Marshall and is one of the best pass-rushers in this draft. He's athletic, fluid and exceptionally quick. Whether Curry lines up at outside linebacker or defensive end all depends on how fast he runs at the Combine.

32. Whitney Mercilus, DE-OLB, Illinois* -- Mercilus is yet another pass-rusher who graces the top part of the draft. He came out of nowhere in 2011 and was omnipresent behind the line of scrimmage. He's another prospect who projects to multiple positions in the defense.

36. Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson -- Thompson is the top player from a talented Clemson defense. He's a penetrating tackle who opponents struggle to stop from the snap of the ball. He's also well-liked by scouts for his ability to lead by example.

42. Andre Branch, DE-OLB, Clemson -- Branch is the next in a long line of athletic pass-rushers who have come from the Clemson program. He forcefully makes plays behind the line of scrimmage and easily chases the action in pursuit. Like many of his predecessors from the school, many question his every-down intensity.

47. Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State* -- The junior is an explosive interior lineman who consistently penetrates the line of scrimmage, then makes plays in the backfield. Worthy offers starting potential for the next level, but must attend to the details of his position and consistently play with proper mechanics.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ospects/1.html
Old 02-21-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

From that list I would be comfortable with Fletcher Cox, Courtney Upshaw, Vinny Curry, and Andre Branch...I have to watch more on Brockers to get a gauge of where I really feel he stands and there is something about Melvin Ingram that I just don't like, at least not high in the draft...with the question marks on whether or not Scott Wells will be back, Peter Konz shoots to the top of the list for me

Old 02-21-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
From that list I would be comfortable with Fletcher Cox, Courtney Upshaw, Vinny Curry, and Andre Branch...I have to watch more on Brockers to get a gauge of where I really feel he stands and there is something about Melvin Ingram that I just don't like, at least not high in the draft...with the question marks on whether or not Scott Wells will be back, Peter Konz shoots to the top of the list for me
I would absolutely be pissed off if we had to use our one premium pick to simply replace a current guy on the OL, and hope he plays just as well or close to as well as the previous guy.

We need to upgrade our defense with those premium picks.
Not fill a new hole on the OL.

That is, unless Ted utilizes free agency and upgrades the DL/OLB position with guys like Adam Carriker, Manny Lawson, maybe Jerry Hughes.
http://packersinsider.com/2012/02/be...ble-additions/
Old 02-21-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I would absolutely be pissed off if we had to use our one premium pick to simply replace a current guy on the OL, and hope he plays just as well or close to as well as the previous guy.

That is, unless Ted utilizes free agency and upgrades the DL/OLB position with guys like Adam Carriker, Manny Lawson, maybe Jerry Hughes.
http://packersinsider.com/2012/02/be...ble-additions/
^^^^^

Basically this.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 02-21-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:

[b]That is, unless Ted utilizes free agency and upgrades the DL/OLB position with guys like Adam Carriker, Manny Lawson, maybe Jerry Hughes.
http://packersinsider.com/2012/02/be...ble-additions/[b]
There's a reason why those guys continue to bounce around or haven't seen the field on awful teams; they simply have no positive impact in this league...Lawson is the most appealing out of any of those three but he's more of a coverage backer than a pass rusher

Old 02-21-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
There's a reason why those guys continue to bounce around or haven't seen the field on awful teams; they simply have no positive impact in this league...Lawson is the most appealing out of any of those three but he's more of a coverage backer than a pass rusher
Carriker had plenty of impact last year for the Redskins. His 5.5 sacks were almost as many as Clay had, and were as much as our whole DL combined.

People who watched the Redskins last year, on passing downs, noticed Carriker. We never had any DL do that.

If you don't think Carriker is a SIGNIFICAN UPGRADE to our current cast of DEs, than I know someone has hacked into princefielder28's account.

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2012/...-in-the-cards/

Quote:
I know Im a good enough player, somebody is going to want me, said Carriker. Im going to start somewhere.

After his first three and a half seasons in the league there werent many who would have agreed with that statement.

The first-round draft pick out of Nebraska wasnt living up to expectations in St. Louisand he knew it.

What many fans didnt understand was Carriker was not playing his natural position. He was playing along the interior of the line at nose guarda position not known for generating a high sack total. All the while, fans were still comparing his numbers to defensive ends around the league and he was coming up short in their eyes.

It wasnt well publicized at the time, but he underwent offseason surgery after his rookie campaign.

Not wanting to disappoint his teammates or coaches, he rushed back and played hurt for the bulk of the 2008 season. By some estimates he was playing on one limb at points.

Missing the entire 2009 season due to injury didnt help his cause with the fans or the front office.

The Rams decided it was time to go in another direction before 2010 and traded him to the Redskins in a modest deal. While the St. Louis fans and media celebrated the deal at the time, it was Carriker who would get the last laugh.

He entered 2010 with a new team looking to shed an old title.

For a long time (my) name was associated with being a bust, Carriker said. I will be straight up honest. It was associated with being a bust.

Since the trade Carriker has been able to largely accomplish putting distance between himself and the bust title. After what some described as a slow start to his first year in D.C., he turned around his fortunes and grew comfortable in the 3-4 defensive scheme. His numbers and performance were largely reflective of that.

I never agreed with [being called a bust] whatsoever, but the circumstances and all that are irrelevant because in the past two years I think Ive proven that to be incorrect, a confident Carriker said while still maintaining a strong semblance of humility. Ive heard people call me a damn good 3-4 defensive end and I think thats how people perceive me now. . . They were talking about both Stephen [Bowen] and I Those are a couple of damn good defensive ends they have.

Bowen narrowly edged Carriker as sack leader on the defensive line this season.

But unlike Bowen, Carriker was able to notch his sacks while playing fewer downs. He was not part of the Redskins nickel package this season the equivalent of 174 fewer pass rushes throughout the year.

Im going to keep dodging that question every time Im asked, he responded when I asked whether he wants to return to Washington. The problem is I have to see how it plays out. If I say something, it could sway what another team does or sway what the Redskins do.

It could hurt me come contract time, trying to figure out where Im going to be, what team Im going to be with, an honest Carriker added.

One thing is for certain; he is very comfortable as the left end in a 3-4 scheme. Carriker said its a tremendous help to be playing a position that actually makes sense.

Im not a nose guard, he said. Im playing in the correct position.
This guy can be had for a dime-to-the-dollar for someone with similar skills and size as him in this particular draft, and we already now see what he's capable of doing in the NFL as a 3-4 DE.

This just in: our WHOLE current crop of DE's were worthless going after QBs this year. He's 10x better than what we've seen in 2-3 years of CJ Wilson, Jarius Wynn, and Mike Neal.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After getting my first taste of watching Fletcher Cox, I'm a big fan. I'd be thrilled to land him at 28.

My ideal (highly unlikely) scenario would be to get Miami's 2nd round pick in exchange for Flynn, and use that to trade up for Upshaw.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
After getting my first taste of watching Fletcher Cox, I'm a big fan. I'd be thrilled to land him at 28.

My ideal (highly unlikely) scenario would be to get Miami's 2nd round pick in exchange for Flynn, and use that to trade up for Upshaw.
I'm a big fan of Fletcher Cox as well...his athleticism is outstanding for a guy his size and he's shown continual improvement as each year passes

Old 02-23-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Fletcher Cox will go closer to pick #10 than our #28 spot. I guarantee it.

Getting him at #28 is a pipe dream.

Luckily, as Capers said, this defensive scheme is predicated on getting outside pass rush from both OLB positions. He's made it clear he needs another OLB, and that in turn will open up the interior for things there to work.

Give us a premier OLB..... can you imagine if Matthews was our 2nd best OLB? Think about that for a second.....
Old 02-23-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the chances the Packers franchise Matt Flynn and trade him to Miami for their second round pick?

That would give us picks 28, 41, and 60. I would be extremely happy with that.

Even better Trade them Flynn and our 28th pick for their 9th pick!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
What are the chances the Packers franchise Matt Flynn and trade him to Miami for their second round pick?

That would give us picks 28, 41, and 60. I would be extremely happy with that.

Even better Trade them Flynn and our 28th pick for their 9th pick!
I'd rather pick up 41 for Flynn than turn Flynn and our 28 into 9.
We can get 2 impact guys if we pick 28 and 41.

Chances are less than 40 percent that Ted tags and trades Flynn, I hear.
But the Philbin Miami connection is kind of an asterick.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd rather pick up 41 for Flynn than turn Flynn and our 28 into 9.
We can get 2 impact guys if we pick 28 and 41.

Chances are less than 40 percent that Ted tags and trades Flynn, I hear.
But the Philbin Miami connection is kind of an asterick.
Care to tell us where you hear this?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Irvin came in at 6'3" 245. Can't wait to see how he does in 3-cone and LB drills.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Irvin came in at 6'3" 245. Can't wait to see how he does in 3-cone and LB drills.
I can't wait to see how Branch and Irvin perform. Hope both perform well. At this point I would like Branch over Irvin, but I would be happy with either.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

From some scout talk. Seems that Upshaw is not thought of in those circles as high as fans think. They don't like Clemson guys anymore, LOL.
Didn't mention Irvin.
I just wanna get 2 or 3 of these guys in any combination, with Flynn netting us one of the guys. I love Minnifield.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...140451293.html

Melvin Ingram, DE-OLB, South Carolina: 6-1, 264. Played almost every D-line and LB position. "He's a little guy that's not explosive," one scout said. "I don't know where you play him. He's OK. He's not that good of an athlete." Played extensively off the bench for three seasons before starting as a senior. "If you line him up as an end in a 4-3 he's going to get blocked a lot," one scout said. "Outside backer in a 3-4 is probably the best starting point for him. He's got good temperament. He will bring something to your team from a toughness-intangible (standpoint). Is he an elite pass rusher? Absolutely not. Is he an elite run-down defender? Absolutely not. But he's a good football player who has to move around and play a bunch of different positions. A creative coach like (Bill) Belichick could do something with this guy." Finished with 21 sacks.

Fletcher Cox*, DT, Mississippi State: 6-4, 298. Started two of his three seasons, finishing with 8 sacks. "He's probably a pure 4-3 DT who can give you reps at DE," one scout said. "He's got the athletic ability to be a better pass rusher in the future than his numbers have indicated so far." Nicknamed "The Beast." Said another scout: "Guy can run all day. He's explosive, strong hands, good hips. He's country. He's hard. He looooves football."

Michael Brockers*, DT, Louisiana State: 6-7, 322. Played just two seasons before renouncing his final two years of eligibility. "Cox is a quicker-twitch guy than Brockers," one scout said. "Brockers can play 3-4 end or 4-3 DT. He's probably a little stouter against the run than Cox. Cox is probably a better athlete." Finished with two sacks. "He's a young kid and the light is just starting to go on," another scout said. "He hasn't even touched his ceiling yet. He's very powerful. He's a really good two-gapper. Occasionally, he's got a little bit of pass rush. Vonnie Holliday was a better athlete. This kid is bigger."

Dontari Poe*, NT, Memphis: 6-4, 346. Finished with five sacks in 35 games (30 starts). "He's probably the most athletic D-lineman in this draft over 300 pounds," one scout said. "He is phenomenally gifted with athleticism. He's not fat at all. Different level of competition. He has flashes of dominance. He's a well-spoken kid." Prototypical space-eater. "He has ability, OK?" another scout said. "I wouldn't say he can't move. You have to understand, that was a poor, poor team. That lad had very little help."

Devon Still, DT, Penn State: 6-5, 303. Built in imposing fashion a la Justin Harrell. "He has a lot of talent, but he's up and down," one scout said. "I don't understand that. I don't think it's lack of effort. He fits the 5-technique (DE in a 3-4), what you want them to look like." Two-year starter with 10 sacks. Art Still, his uncle, was a Pro Bowl DE for Kansas City in the 1980s. "He's a flash player," another scout said. "But down in, down out, he's a developmental guy."

Dont'a Hightower*, ILB-OLB, Alabama: 6-2, 265. Played ILB in the Crimson Tide's base 3-4 but often put his hand down and rushed on passing downs. "Does he flash big-time plays?" one scout said. "Yeah, he does. Does he dominate like a guy 6-3, 265 should? Not on a consistent basis." Blew out his knee in Game 4 of 2009 and, according to some scouts, has yet to play back to his old form. "He's got the ability of the guy the Raiders took (Rolando McClain)," another scout said. "Some people don't know how tough he is. The knock on him is if he really inserts. But he is strong. I've seen him take his hand and just stand up guards." He tried to power rush tackles and ended up with five sacks. "He's capable of playing outside (linebacker)," a third scout said. "He can do anything you ask him to do."

Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama: 6-1, 272. Projects as an OLB in a 3-4 or a strong-side LB in a 4-3. "The only reason Upshaw could go ahead of Ingram is because Upshaw actually played up and down and Ingram played all over the place," one scout said. "I don't think Upshaw was really outstanding in the Senior Bowl. I thought he was just ordinary. He's very physical, but he gets cut a lot. That's because he's stiff." Two-year starter with 16 sacks. "(People) think he's Cornelius Bennett and he's not," another scout said. "He's a good, tough, nasty college football player that I think will get blocked a lot in the NFL." Scored just 9 on the 50-question Wonderlic intelligence test. "He's just a tough (expletive)," a third scout said. "He's really not a burn the edge guy. He is not fast. He's built like a fire hydrant. Maybe a 3-4 team will take him in the first."

Whitney Mercilus*, DE, Illinois: 6-4, 261. Didn't become a starter until 2011 and then broke out with 16 sacks. "He's a teaser," one scout said. "I don't know why he came out. He looks like a 4-3 DE to me. He doesn't do anything special." Trying to provide for his Haitian immigrant parents. "I think there's a degree of stiffness that will limit him," another scout said. "He's got the measurables and production. I just want to see him move like an athlete."

Nick Perry*, DE, Southern California: 6-3, 271. Played with his hand down for the Trojans unlike Clay Matthews, who almost always played standing up. Some scouts think he can play LB and others don't. "He's an undersized 4-3 DE," one scout said. "He's not as powerful as Trent Cole. He tries to finesse his way around guys." Two-year starter with 21 sacks. "He wore out Stanford's junior left tackle (Jonathan Martin)," another scout said. "He and Clay Matthews didn't play the same way. He's tall and linear built. Yeah, he can rush the passer."

Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska: 6-4, 279. Three-year starter who was lost for the season in Game 5 last fall with a torn pectoral muscle. "All about football," one scout said. "War daddy. Tough guy. Good enough athlete to play 5-technique (3-4 DE). Strong hands. Plays with pride. He's got some stiffness, but he's got enough flexibility to squeeze and control and go laterally and make plays." Finished with 20 sacks. "He does have a lot of sacks but he got a lot of them when (Ndamukong) Suh was there," another scout said. "He does play hard, I'll tell you what. This guy chases the ball all the time."

Vinny Curry, DE-OLB, Marshall: 6-3, 266.Three-year starter with 26 sacks. "Very, very talented football player," one scout said. "He may have a chance to stand up and be an outside linebacker. He's tough. The guy plays hard." Moved around rather well at the Senior Bowl when the coaches gave him a chance to play standing up.

Jerel Worthy*, DT, Michigan State: 6-2, 308. Often compared to DT Phil Taylor, who went 21st to Cleveland last year and had a successful rookie season. "He's got a ton of ability," one scout said. "He could be first round without any question. You just worry about guys that have ability and play lazy for most of their career. Because when they make money they're usually not very good. He's that kind of guy." Three-year starter with 12 sacks. "I didn't want to like the guy," another scout said. "But you know what? Guy's a pretty good player. He needs to be more consistent, but when he turns it up he can rush the passer."

Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson: 6-2, 314. Three-year starter with 4 sacks. "Short and square," one scout said. "Fits the 4-3 as a DT. I thought he was OK, not great. Kind of a meat and potatoes interior player." Hails from a program that seems to worry a lot of personnel people. "Those Clemson guys don't translate to the NFL very good," another scout said. "They just don't play well in the NFL."

Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut: 6-4, 299. Probably best-suited to play 3-technique in a 4-3. Just doesn't seem stout enough to resist the run as a 3-4 DE. "He's more of a run-around guy," one scout said. "He's a better athlete than Brandon Thompson, but Thompson is stronger. He's got great ability, but he's soft. He can't fight through adversity. When (expletive) gets tough, he can't finish it out." Started 41 of 49 games, finishing with 11 sacks. "He's such an underachiever," another scout said. "He doesn't play up to his ability, but it's there. I think he gets overdrafted because of it."

Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington: 6-2, 348. Made himself a lot of money with a terrific week at the Senior Bowl. "You can't single-block him," one scout said. "He's athletic for his size." Started 42 of 50 games, finishing with 7 sacks. "He's very much like Paul Soliai of the Dolphins," another scout said. "He is a true space-eater. He didn't play like that (the Senior Bowl) all year. He did have a good Senior Bowl, he really did. He's got a big (expletive) and great big thick thighs on him."

Andre Branch, OLB, Clemson: 6-4, 259. Displayed major improvement as a senior when he posted 10 of his 17 sacks. "He's another teaser," one scout said. "He's got ability. But he's a lot of fluff is what I think." Seems capable of playing in 3-4 or 4-3 schemes. "Clemson always (expletive) me up," another scout said. "I don't trust those guys there."

Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia: 6-0, 187. His father, Frank, was a rugged little press CB for the Browns for nine years. "Other than Claiborne he's probably the smartest of all of them as far as instincts and awareness," one scout said. "I scouted his dad. He could possibly go first round. Depends how he runs." Played extensively for four seasons and intercepted 13 passes. "He's a consummate professional," another scout said. "He's an ideal Cover 2 corner. He kind of plays the game like his dad did. Speed, or lack thereof, will be his issue."