Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 11-15-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Just bouncing an idea of you guys.....

Let's say there's a scenario in which we're picking between 26 and 32, the value on areas of need suck and we can't trade out of that spot...

Lamar Miller?
Haha, no offense to your sig but if that were the only worthy option I would rather trade down.

I'm not really a fan of drafting RB's in the first and since we already have an awesome, young RB. I would be opposed to drafting a back up RB in the first. Even if he took over as the starter, we don't need two starting caliber RB's and Rice isn't doing poorly. We could use the pick for other things or at least trade back and gain more picks

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just bouncing an idea of you guys.....

Let's say there's a scenario in which we're picking between 26 and 32, the value on areas of need suck and we can't trade out of that spot...

Lamar Miller?
There's a point where you can have too much talent at a position. We're not using Rice enough as it is, at least consistently, so I don't want to bring in another guy that we would have to play and take snaps away from Ray. A change of coordinator could fix this issue but would adding Miller actually improve our team that much? I don't think so, and I'd much rather look for a compliment to Rice later in the draft rather than investing too much at the position.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
There's a point where you can have too much talent at a position. We're not using Rice enough as it is, at least consistently, so I don't want to bring in another guy that we would have to play and take snaps away from Ray. A change of coordinator could fix this issue but would adding Miller actually improve our team that much? I don't think so, and I'd much rather look for a compliment to Rice later in the draft rather than investing too much at the position.
Well I'm talking about a worst case scenario. I'm not saying I'd be a big advocate of the pick but I wouldn't necessarily rule it out. I love Ricky but he's but our depth at RB is paper thin. Lamar could be integrated into the offense in a change of pace role and as a returner early on. It never hurts to add an explosive home run hitter to your team. I love what Ray Rice brings to this team and he's hands down our best offensive player. But I was just thinking, of any position, we probably have the least amount of depth at RB (center is close but again, value). It's foreseeable that Lamar could be graded out as a mid 1st rounder (not trying to be homer but I've seen a lot of reputable sites put him in that range). And if the value sucks at positions of need, I think we're in a place where we could afford a luxury pick at the very end of the first.....then again, I'm hoping Miller isn't even in this draft.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I'm talking about a worst case scenario. I'm not saying I'd be a big advocate of the pick but I wouldn't necessarily rule it out. I love Ricky but he's but our depth at RB is paper thin. Lamar could be integrated into the offense in a change of pace role and as a returner early on. It never hurts to add an explosive home run hitter to your team. I love what Ray Rice brings to this team and he's hands down our best offensive player. But I was just thinking, of any position, we probably have the least amount of depth at RB (center is close but again, value). It's foreseeable that Lamar could be graded out as a mid 1st rounder (not trying to be homer but I've seen a lot of reputable sites put him in that range). And if the value sucks at positions of need, I think we're in a place where we could afford a luxury pick at the very end of the first.....then again, I'm hoping Miller isn't even in this draft.
I mean I don't think he would be bad for our team. I just wouldn't want to use our first rounder on a back up considering some of our needs, I would almost rather trade back. If we could get him in the second it wouldn't be so bad.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-17-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Depending on what we do in the first, it might be tough to find value in the 2nd round, what would you guys think about taking a receiver in round 2?

I know we have some good players at the position now but both Lee Evans and Boldin are over 30. We could probably stand to add some young depth at the position.

All this assuming that we can't address a more serious need with the pick either due to lack of quality depth at positions of need in the draft or the only quality position remaining already having been addressed in round one (I could see this happening if we get a LB in round one)

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-17-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with your points, I just don't think that adding Miller (or just about any RB) would add enough to the team to warrant using a first round pick at the position when we already have a great RB on the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
Depending on what we do in the first, it might be tough to find value in the 2nd round, what would you guys think about taking a receiver in round 2?

I know we have some good players at the position now but both Lee Evans and Boldin are over 30. We could probably stand to add some young depth at the position.

All this assuming that we can't address a more serious need with the pick either due to lack of quality depth at positions of need in the draft or the only quality position remaining already having been addressed in round one (I could see this happening if we get a LB in round one)
Ehh depends on who's available. Both Evans and Boldin are right at 30 so I don't think their age is too concerning, but if we could find a nice value then maybe. I'd still like to see if Doss can add anything to the WR corp but it doesn't look like we will find out this year. This draft doesn't seem too strong so our BPA approach could be even more obvious come April.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

How do you rank the ILB prospects for the Ravens at this time? There might be four of them in the draft that we could consider taking with our first round pick and it's definitley a position of need. I'm really only talking about Te'o, Burfict, Hightower, and Keuchly but some think Cole could sneak in there as well. Unfortunately the top four prospects are all underclassmen. I hope they all declare though, it gives us a better chance of landing one of them :D.

Anyways, if you had your pick who would you take and why?
Old 11-26-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Burfict, Te'o and Kuelchy ranked very closely and would be thrilled with any of them. Te'o is just no naturally powerful and has great range. Kuelchy's instincts are as good as I've ever seen and there isn't a tackle he can't make. Taze is a freak and has that X factor about him. I'm having a hard time separating them but I guess I'd lean slightly towards Taze because he has the highest upside of the three and out of any situation in the league, his best chance of succeeding would be with us.

Outside of those guys, I do like Audie Cole a lot. Big, athletic, versatile and is an effective blitzer too. I want to love Hightower because he's so big and so violent but he's just so slow and can't really play in space. I'd rather draft Upshaw and move him inside. Another conversion guy who I'm very intrigued by is Ronnell Lewis. I'm not sold on his edge rush ability on the next level but his skill set suits the 34 ILB position perfectly.

Last edited by TACKLE : 11-26-2011 at 06:02 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Also on that note, I know I was kind of exploring the non-ILB options, but as of right now, I'm 100% on board taking an ILB in the 1st. And unless Konz is there or the ILB value really off (which seems unlikely considering how deep this LB class is), there isn't another position I'd want to take in the first. I know it's a bit of a 180 (k maybe more of a 90 degree turn) from where I was before but I just love the young talent on this team and another stud ILB can be the final piece to the puzzle.

Last edited by TACKLE : 11-26-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Also on that note, I know I was kind of exploring the non-ILB options, but as of right now, I'm 100% on board taking an ILB in the 1st. And unless Konz is there or the ILB value really off (which seems unlikely considering how deep this LB class is), there isn't another position I'd want to take in the first. I know it's a bit of a 180 (k maybe more of a 90 degree turn) from where I was before but I just love the young talent on this team and another stud ILB can be the final piece to the puzzle.
Exactly Konz or maybe even a LT but for the most part I really want an ILB.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-27-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have Burfict, Te'o and Kuelchy ranked very closely and would be thrilled with any of them. Te'o is just no naturally powerful and has great range. Kuelchy's instincts are as good as I've ever seen and there isn't a tackle he can't make. Taze is a freak and has that X factor about him. I'm having a hard time separating them but I guess I'd lean slightly towards Taze because he has the highest upside of the three and out of any situation in the league, his best chance of succeeding would be with us.

Outside of those guys, I do like Audie Cole a lot. Big, athletic, versatile and is an effective blitzer too. I want to love Hightower because he's so big and so violent but he's just so slow and can't really play in space. I'd rather draft Upshaw and move him inside. Another conversion guy who I'm very intrigued by is Ronnell Lewis. I'm not sold on his edge rush ability on the next level but his skill set suits the 34 ILB position perfectly.
That's my big concern with Hightower too. He's a monster around the LOS whether it's taking on blockers or suhing the passer but anything beyond that I wouldn't trust him. Our ILBs need to be able to match up in coverage and that's a weakness our current group has as well. I think I may be leaning towards Te'o as my top target because he might be a safer pick than Burfict while still be a damn good prospect himself.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

I don't think we need to be picky about the top 3 because chances are, best case scenario only one falls to us.

Another guy to check out is Kevin Reddick from UNC. He's been a guy McShay has been hyping (#31 on scouts inc board) so immediately I'm skeptical but in the limited amount I've seen of him, I must say he looks impressive. His athleticism and the way he attacks really stands out. Here's a vid of him vs. GT. Although it doesn't really show anything in the coverage department, no team is more challenging to play against vs. the run.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:33 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Just a few 4am draft related ramblings....

-Unless we can get a bonafide LT in the first ie. Adams or Reiff, I don't think we take an OT early. We'll ride the McKinnie experiment as along as we can and hope that Oher hope he progresses as a pass blocker to the point where they can comfortably play him at LT again.

- Given the history of Wisconsin O-Lineman, I think Konz goes back to school.

- With that being the case, all I want for Christmas is a shiny new stud ILB. He doesn't have to take over immediately for McClain but at very least he'd provided some instant depth. With Ray out and Ellerbe injured, it made me realize how thin we are without Ray when we have McClellan and Ayanbadejo getting significant playing time with the starters. And as much support as a lot of us have for Ellerbe, it's pretty clear the staff doesn't feel the same way. There really isn't a top LB prospect in this draft I wouldn't want (Hightower to some extent). I'd even be in favor of moving up to get one of the big three.

- The long term plans of the position is unsure and there will be times where Pollard is a liability in coverage, but for now, I really like what he brings the table.

- I don't know how the staff feels about Damien Berry or Anthony Allen, but I support taking a running back in rounds 2 or 3. I've always been a big Ricky Williams fan and I trust him more to get the tough yards than I trusted Willis. However, if Ray Rice goes down, were pretty screwed. I don't care if it's a power back, a speed back or whatever. I just wanted another talented back in the mix so if Raymell does go down, this offense won't fall apart.

- We need to identify an interior lineman who fits our system and we need to go get him. If Grubbs leaves in FA this will be an even more pressing need. Even if he stays, we still need a young center behind Birk and someone who can be depth at guard as well. It would be ideal if we could draft someone who can play any of the interior O-Line positions. That's something we must get in this draft. Lucas Nix, Kevin Zeitler and Ben Jones are three guys who I like outside the first round.

- I'd like to add a returner through the draft. I don't really trust Reed anymore and he was never all that effective as a punter returner. Maybe start looking for someone in the 5th round on. Travis Benjamin from The U and a very underrated guy by the name of Devon Wylie from Fresno are both guys who are very dangerous with the ball in their hands and can score from anywhere on the field. I can tell you as a Canes fan that like Reed, Benjamin isn't immune to bonehead plays but he's also been one of the most effective and dangerous return men in CFB over the course of his career.

Last edited by TACKLE : 11-28-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Just a few 4am draft related ramblings....

-Unless we can get a bonafide LT in the first ie. Adams or Reiff, I don't think we take an OT early. We'll ride the McKinnie experiment as along as we can and hope that Oher hope he progresses as a pass blocker to the point where they can comfortably play him at LT again.
Yes, as much as it is always nice to sure up your future at LT, and as much as I like guys like Zebrie, I wouldn't want to take anyone other than the top tier guys.

Quote:
- Given the history of Wisconsin O-Lineman, I think Konz goes back to school.
Unfortunately yes

Quote:
- With that being the case, all I want for Christmas is a shiny new stud ILB. He doesn't have to take over immediately for McClain but at very least he'd provided some instant depth. With Ray out and Ellerbe injured, it made me realize how thin we are without Ray when we have McClellan and Ayanbadejo getting significant playing time with the starters. And as much support as a lot of us have for Ellerbe, it's pretty clear the staff doesn't feel the same way. There really isn't a top LB prospect in this draft I wouldn't want (Hightower to some extent). I'd even be in favor of moving up to get one of the big three.
I would take the top 3 and I wouldn't be mad if we took Hightower, I just don't know if he becomes a star at the next level.

Quote:
- The long term plans of the position is unsure and there will be times where Pollard is a liability in coverage, but for now, I really like what he brings the table.
It certainly pushes our need down.

Quote:
- I don't know how the staff feels about Damien Berry or Anthony Allen, but I support taking a running back in rounds 2 or 3. I've always been a big Ricky Williams fan and I trust him more to get the tough yards than I trusted Willis. However, if Ray Rice goes down, were pretty screwed. I don't care if it's a power back, a speed back or whatever. I just wanted another talented back in the mix so if Raymell does go down, this offense won't fall apart
As long as it isn't Lamichael James, I'm for it. Maybe Chris Polk in the second? doubt we will see David Wilson fall to us

Quote:
- We need to identify an interior lineman who fits our system and we need to go get him. If Grubbs leaves in FA this will be an even more pressing need. Even if he stays, we still need a young center behind Birk and someone who can be depth at guard as well. It would be ideal if we could draft someone who can play any of the interior O-Line positions. That's something we must get in this draft. Lucas Nix, Kevin Zeitler and Ben Jones are three guys who I like outside the first round.
Zeitler in the second would be ideal, but if would prefer to just resign Grubbs if at all possible

Quote:
- I'd like to add a returner through the draft. I don't really trust Reed anymore and he was never all that effective as a punter returner. Maybe start looking for someone in the 5th round on. Travis Benjamin from The U and a very underrated guy by the name of Devon Wylie from Fresno are both guys who are very dangerous with the ball in their hands and can score from anywhere on the field. I can tell you as a Canes fan that like Reed, Benjamin isn't immune to bonehead plays but he's also been one of the most effective and dangerous return men in CFB over the course of his career.
Agreed, I just really don't ever feel comfortable with our return game, I don't care if we fair catch every damn one just don't drop my damn football. Maybe T.Y. Hilton in the 3rd?

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 11-28-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Interesting thought:

Worst case scenario and we lose out on all 3 of the top backers OTs etc.

Do we go Hightower or Upshaw? Some have speculated that he could play inside or outside in the 3-4.

I also know Tack thinks that Lewis could make the move from DE to ILB.

So who do we take in the worst case scenario?

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-28-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Yeah I just commented on a mock that had us in this situation. I would be fine with Hightower in that situation, assuming Konz is off the board as well. Dennard wouldn't be a bad pick either in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of taking Upshaw or Lewis with the intent of moving them inside, just doesn't seem like it would ever be the best option available.

I'm starting to wonder if we would be interested in Jeffery if he was available. It seems like he's starting to slide and is definitely behind Floyd and Blackmon at this point. If he's available and the top ILB/OL are gone I wouldn't mind us taking him either.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 11-28-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I'm starting to wonder if we would be interested in Jeffery if he was available. It seems like he's starting to slide and is definitely behind Floyd and Blackmon at this point. If he's available and the top ILB/OL are gone I wouldn't mind us taking him either.
I can't say that I haven't entertained this idea. He could be Boldin's replacement. Q is getting old and probably only has one of two more productive years left in him. Alshon could be brought a long slowly and gradually integrated into the offense kind of like what KC is doing with Baldwin. The WR core of the future could be Alshon taking over for Q as the possession WR, Torrey as the deep threat on the other side with Doss or LaQuan or whoever in the slot. Hmmmm.....the more I think about it, the more I like it. I'll put it this way, it wouldn't be the worst, worst case scenario I could think of.

Last edited by TACKLE : 11-28-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I have to say that for the most part I just always love Ozzie picks, whenever you go BPA, even if it wasn't your biggest need, you can't help but be a little giddy at the idea of player X being a part of your team :)

The Jefferys idea is a prime example; not a huge need, but I'd take it and roll with it

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-28-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

c'mon man.

Anquan Boldin is only 31. He should give us at least 3 or 4 really good years.

I think with a new OC, who could utilize him properly, he could get back to his Arizona form.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
c'mon man.

I think with a new OC, who could utilize him properly, he could get back to his Arizona form.
You think Boldin will still be having a 'really good year' at age 35??? I would love for that to be true but it just seems unlikely.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
c'mon man.

I don't know, I think a large part of his Zona form was the fact that he had Fitz on the other side, not taking anything away from him though. I just don't see him improving in his 30's

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-29-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I can't say that I haven't entertained this idea. He could be Boldin's replacement. Q is getting old and probably only has one of two more productive years left in him. Alshon could be brought a long slowly and gradually integrated into the offense kind of like what KC is doing with Baldwin. The WR core of the future could be Alshon taking over for Q as the possession WR, Torrey as the deep threat on the other side with Doss or LaQuan or whoever in the slot. Hmmmm.....the more I think about it, the more I like it. I'll put it this way, it wouldn't be the worst, worst case scenario I could think of.
Actually I think he would be a good fit now as well, not just a replacement for Boldin. I loved the Evans addition but his ability to help the team is still questionable at this point. Having Jeffery would allow us to really focus on using Boldin in the slot and he's the kind of receiver we're missing right now. I know people say we have Dickson and Pitta for bigger receivers and I do agree with that, but neither of them play on the outside and I think that's where having a big receiver helps you the most.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
You think Boldin will still be having a 'really good year' at age 35??? I would love for that to be true but it just seems unlikely.
Why is it unlikely? Its not like hes a RB.

WR's with Boldin's talent usually have long careers.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I don't know, I think a large part of his Zona form was the fact that he had Fitz on the other side, not taking anything away from him though. I just don't see him improving in his 30's
Boldin had a great year his first year(without Fitz).

I think a lot of you guys are forgetting just how good Boldin was in Arizona. Fitz helped no doubt. But this guy was an absolute monster in his own right.

I see him going back to his old form with a good OC. I think a lot of you just don't realize how poorly Cam utilizes Boldin.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Boldin had a great year his first year(without Fitz).

I think a lot of you guys are forgetting just how good Boldin was in Arizona. Fitz helped no doubt. But this guy was an absolute monster in his own right.

I see him going back to his old form with a good OC. I think a lot of you just don't realize how poorly Cam utilizes Boldin.
That's not an issue for me :D. I think it's easy to see that we're not using Boldin the way he was used in Arizona. Even if we did get a new OC that knows how to use Boldin it wouldn't affect my preference of taking Jeffery or not. Like I said it's not about replacing Boldin it's about upgrading the receiving corp.