Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-15-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big Kendall Wright fan, unlike Torrey who is simply a deep ball guy Wright's explosiveness and athleticism translates to the full route tree. Having two explosive guys like him and Smith with Boldin/Pitta/Dickson/Doss working the inside, Joe Flacco would have no more excuses.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wright is a first round pick I wouldn't mind. I would prefer getting a receiver with size since we lack that big threat on the outside but Wright is good prospect. Of course we actually already have two guys with explosive speed, just one of them was hurt for the first half of the season and Flacco doesn't seem to have chemistry with him at all now. Evans is under contract for another year though so maybe he does something next season.

I want to bring back the RB debate. In my opinion we shouldn't spend a high pick on the position since we're already going to be investing quite a bit in Rice this offseason and we have other holes that are more important to fill with a 1st-3rd round pick. I don't envision a 1st round scenario at all where a RB would be the best pick and even in the 2nd round it would be tough to justify from my point of view. There's a few guys projected in the 3rd round that seem to be good values at this point but still I would rather look somewhere else. Of course this all depends on what the situation is when we pick but I really want us to focus on another position. Especially if Cameron is back...
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

The Ravens are looking likely to get a 4th round compensation pick for Dawan Landry. Maybe we use that pick on a guy like Isaiah Pead?
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I want to bring back the RB debate. In my opinion we shouldn't spend a high pick on the position since we're already going to be investing quite a bit in Rice this offseason and we have other holes that are more important to fill with a 1st-3rd round pick. I don't envision a 1st round scenario at all where a RB would be the best pick and even in the 2nd round it would be tough to justify from my point of view. There's a few guys projected in the 3rd round that seem to be good values at this point but still I would rather look somewhere else. Of course this all depends on what the situation is when we pick but I really want us to focus on another position. Especially if Cameron is back...
Given that our offense rides one player as much as anyone in the league, I think it's pretty important to have someone behind him who can step in a continue to play at a high level. I actually really like Ricky's contribution this year. He doesn't have the ability to rip off random big runs like Willis did but he's very reliable and you can count on him getting four-five yards every time he touches the ball. Still, I'm not sure anyone really sees him as a long term solution. If Ray goes down, it's hard to see the offense taking a big step back. On a team that is clearly run first, you gotta think it's pretty key to have a talented #2 back long term.

Now coordinatior, where should we draft one? I'd be fine with a RB anywhere outside of round 1 but like you said, it really comes down to value. If we can get a better value in the 4th round, I'd be on board with passing on one early. But if the value with there in the 2nd round, I'd support that as well.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Given that our offense rides one player as much as anyone in the league, I think it's pretty important to have someone behind him who can step in a continue to play at a high level. I actually really like Ricky's contribution this year. He doesn't have the ability to rip off random big runs like Willis did but he's very reliable and you can count on him getting four-five yards every time he touches the ball. Still, I'm not sure anyone really sees him as a long term solution. If Ray goes down, it's hard to see the offense taking a big step back. On a team that is clearly run first, you gotta think it's pretty key to have a talented #2 back long term.

Now coordinatior, where should we draft one? I'd be fine with a RB anywhere outside of round 1 but like you said, it really comes down to value. If we can get a better value in the 4th round, I'd be on board with passing on one early. But if the value with there in the 2nd round, I'd support that as well.
It's true that we probably need another guy who can step up and run the ball should Ray go down.

I personally feel that a top 100 pick is too high for a running back that your going to sit on the bench but if the value is there and certain other players are off the board, then I guess I wouldn't mind it so much.

My issue is when people mock us one with a talented player at a position of need is on the board.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
It's true that we probably need another guy who can step up and run the ball should Ray go down.

I personally feel that a top 100 pick is too high for a running back that your going to sit on the bench but if the value is there and certain other players are off the board, then I guess I wouldn't mind it so much.

My issue is when people mock us one with a talented player at a position of need is on the board.
I'd be very alright with Chris Polk in the 2nd for Baltimore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's just the thing, do we really need to draft one? Williams still has a year left after this season and I don't think we'll be cutting him this offseason. Of course he's not a long-term option but for another year he's fine. I'd rather pick through the cheap free agents for a backup RB than waste a draft pick on one, especially a high pick. Sure if Rice went down we'd be in trouble but I don't think that's a particularly strong argument since it could be made for any position.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I'd be very alright with Chris Polk in the 2nd for Baltimore.
Would you be with an Audie Cole or Mike Brewster still on the board?

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-20-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

31-27
This is it boys.
I see this game being one to remember.
Obviously, the team is hard at work in preperation to not only stop New Englands passing game, but attack it as well.
Known for stuffing any running game, Baltimores defense will shy away from loading the box, instead relying on a tight inside pass rush and mostly nickle packages.
#1 Problem is Gronk. If he's doing deep, surely Reed will shadow, but underneath look for Pollard to deliver the hit.
Wes Welker is tough to handle in space, so tackling will be essential.
Our D must;
- Be physical at the line; jam the recievers and be relentless.
- Mixed up inside stunt blitzes to force Brady outside the pocket.
- Communicate and play nasty.
----
I see the Ravens D coming out strong in the first half.
Ray Rice will get his chances and capitalize.
Ravens fluster Brady and eliminate Welker at the line.
31-27 RAVENS
Old 01-20-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I really hope we end up with one of the top 4 centers. The free agent class is pretty uninspiring and I'd rather not bring back Birk or Gurode. Right now I'd say our targets should be LT, C, ILB, WR, S, DE, and CB in that order. Throw in OLB before WR if Johnson leaves.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We gotta get faster and more athletic at linebacker.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We gotta get faster and more athletic at linebacker.
AKA just say no to Hightower.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we have Ray coming back next season we MUST Get Taze!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

You guys know how much I love Taze but if for some reason that doesn't work out, I would be totally on board with Zach Brown from UNC even if he isn't the best fit in a 34.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True i could live with a 43 of McClain/Lewis/Brown at LB if we get him.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:33 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
True i could live with a 43 of McClain/Lewis/Brown at LB if we get him.
I didn't mean move to a 43, I meant play him inside next to Ray.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to know your thoughts on.....

Pick #29 CB Janoris Jenkins which moves CB Jimmy Smith over to FS Eddie Reed's replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I would keep Smith at CB he is too talented to not be a CB. I will be fine w/ Jenkins,Webb,Smith. That would be a sick ass trio
Old 01-23-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I didn't mean move to a 43, I meant play him inside next to Ray.
I have often thought about this as a BPA move.

I think he could put on a few pounds to help as well... I'm not completely opposed to it and it's growing on me as an option if Taze Kuechly Konz and Mike Adams are off the board.

He's kind of right there with Alshon Jeffery and Courtney Upshaw for me

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post

Pick #29 CB Janoris Jenkins which moves CB Jimmy Smith over to FS Eddie Reed's replacement
I might be a bit opposed after he measured up to 5'9" today, if he could be a #1/#2 type I would be okay with it but I'm just not as sure anymore with his height.

I know that these triangle #s aren't the end all be all, but being 5'9" makes it tough.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I might be a bit opposed after he measured up to 5'9" today, if he could be a #1/#2 type I would be okay with it but I'm just not as sure anymore with his height.

I know that these triangle #s aren't the end all be all, but being 5'9" makes it tough.
Not implying he is the same exact guy, but Finnegan has been a terror with his size & in all actuality Jenkins is the #1 CB off the board this year if it weren't for the off the field issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

I hope you guys have finally realized we don't need to draft a CB in the 1st.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea but when do you ever draft for need. There is a legit chance that Jenkins is the BPA at our pick. Its not like Cary WIlliams is a stud
Old 01-23-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
I hope you guys have finally realized we don't need to draft a CB in the 1st.
I would only be for it in a last case scenario type deal but I will say that the best way to eventually replace Reed might be to have a solid CB corps.

If Jimmy Smith becomes the #1 guy we hope he will be, it would be nice to get a guy who would push Webb down into the nickel position where we can really utilize his blitzing ability and he is generally flat out dominant.

Quote:
Not implying he is the same exact guy, but Finnegan has been a terror with his size & in all actuality Jenkins is the #1 CB off the board this year if it weren't for the off the field issues.
The odds are against him and to be honest I would still probably take Claiborne first

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:

That's an absolutely terrible idea. One of Smith's biggest advantages is his size for the CB position and since he can turn in man coverage very well there's no reason to turn him into a S. We bb would be far more likely to be moved there since that's where he actually played in college but I'd rather keep him at CB too since he's another guy that can stick in man coverage. My god that's just a bad idea.