Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-02-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default DACKLE's Tecember Thraft Doughts

TACKLE on Tackles

- Riley Reiff is a Matt Light clone. The question becomes, how high do you draft a solid but unspectacular long term starter?

- Although he can probably play guard at a high level, I still see Kelechi Osemele as a RT first. Although speed rushers will be a question for him on the outside, his skills and style of play project better to RT at this point. Heís a surprisingly good straight line athlete, both moving forward and backwards. However, his biggest weakness as a football player is his lack of lateral agility which is really essential to play guard. At tackle, he makes up for it by always being in the right positional relationship to the DE, he rarely over sets and is technically sound on the outside. Maybe he can be a plug and play at guard, but Iíd give him a shot as a RT first.

- As far as where they were as juniors, Matt Kalil is right there in the same class as Long and Thomas as a prospect. He has the talent to be an elite LT in the NFL.

- I donít know why people are still so high on Jonathan Martin. Honestly, I donít see what makes him a superior prospect to former 33rd overall pick, Roger Saffold. We see Martinís feet get exposed whenever he lines up against a top pass rusher. Although the teamís success has peaked with Luck in his final year, from a development standpoint, I think Martin would be smart to go back to school and try to improve in his senior year.

Wide Wide Reciever Class

- Justin Blackmon is a great player but I donít know if he has the physical upside to warrant a top 7 pick.

- And even thought this WR is incredibly deep though I donít know if this draft produces a top tier player at the position.

- Speaking of this WR class, the #3 WR debate will be an interesting one. With Blackmon and Floyd seemingly being 1 and 2, that 3rd WR spot is in flux with Alshon's struggles this year and the emergence of some other talents. Rueben Randle is currently my horse in that race. 6í3, explosive, great hands, great body control, can set up DBís and shows the ability to maintain speed in and out of his breaks. Heís only played WR for 3 years now and shown significant progression each year. If he even had slightly competent QB play, he would be getting first round consideration. I really believe he has the talent to potentially end up being the best WR in this draft.

- Joe Adams will be electric wherever he lands.

- It`s interesting how much appearances can affect perception....I think I`d like RG3 a lot more as a prospect if he was 6`3 225 than I do with him being 6`1 215. His low release point can be a bit of an issue for him but does an inch or two and 10lbs really separate him from being a really good QB from an average one? I donít know the answer. I try to just focus in on projecting skill sets but build it can't help from entering the picture. Because right now, I canít help but see a frail QB who I question how strong he will be in the pocket and I wonder if his arm can actually Ďmake all the throwsí well. If he had the same skill set but was bigger, would I perceive his skill set differently. Just something Iíve been pondering lately....

- On the same note, how much will it effect peopleís perception of Barkley if he comes in and measures in at 6í1 (which is also quite possible).

- The Poe vs. Taíamu debate intrigues me. Both very talented big men who can be impact players in either a 34 or 43 defense. Both have bouts of inconsistency but those problems are more technical. There issues are almost opposites. Taíamu can be a very power force upfield but doesnít always hold and control his gap like youíd like to see from a NT prospect. Poe on the other hand is very disciplined in controlling his gap but thinks to much and doesnít use his power to create plays in the backfield consistently. I like both guys a lot and think that Ta'amu may be the better player right now. But still, Iím giving a slight edge to Poe right now because of what he can be. From a purely physical standpoint, he has the most impressive size, strength athleticism combo Iíve seen since Ngata. Obviously I'm not saying he is or will ever be on Ngata's level as a football player. But like Ngata, Poe can thrive in any position in either a 34 or 43 front other than 43 DE. He's still a ways away from putting it all together but with NFL coaching, the sky is the limit for him.

Know This Name

Tramain Thomas, FS, Arkansas
- 6í0 200, Sr.

I just went back and watched the Arkansas-LSU game and this guy really popped off the screen. We all saw him come up and make that big hit to force the fumble 6 early in the game but he was always around the ball and it felt like he was in on every other tackle. You could see the combination of natural athletic skills and fluidity to go along with physicality and willing to tackle. I went and checked out his numbers after the game and all this guy has done is quietly produced for the last three years in the SEC. 12 INTís over the past three seasons including 5 this year to go along with 80+ tackles in each of the past two years. The more I watch of him and the more I learn about him, the more Thomas strikes me as a real playmaker whoís really the complete package at safety. Heís a guy Iím going to try to go back and watch as much on as possible. Heís an aggressive, fluid athlete who can be the coverage FS or the box SS. He really looks the part as one of the most well-rounded safety prospects in this draft. Keep your eye on him.

Not that this really you tells you much about him, I just thought this play was pretty coolio....

- Although most drafts are usually quite strong in this area, I really donít care for the depth at RB in this draft class.

- Although I was down on him coming into the year because he was so one-dimensional, that one dimension, pass rush ability, is whatís going to keep Bruce Irvin in the first round. He is just such an explosive athlete off the edge who can threaten the corner every snap but also sets up OTís well for inside moves. I really like how he consistently plays with leverage which allows him to compensate for his size. The role heís playing this year is really a terrible fit as heís playing DE in a 3-3-5 and is lined up head up on the tackles a lot of the time. Though I guess it could be beneficial in the sense that it forces him to be more physical. Heís not quite that level of athlete though he is close, Von Millerís success will undoubtedly help Irvinís stock. Physically, Irvin is closely comparable to Cam Wake. Heís certainly a risky pick but if he tests like people are expecting, someone in round 1 takes a chance on that edge rush ability.

- On paper, Devon Still has everything you look for in a top DT prospect but Iím still (pun intended) having a hard time getting excited about him as a prospect. Heís just one of those guys who doesnít pop in one particular area. Playing with better leverage would go along way to making him a better, more impactful DT play-in/play-out.

- If Janoris Jenkins goes most of pro career without getting caught too many times with the Devilís Lettuce in his system, he can be one of the best CBís in the league. Haden has been very good for the Browns and I felt that Jenkins was a better athlete and a better football player when they were playing opposite of each other at UF.

Obligatory Andrew Luck Mention

- Although it does get brought up, the importance of Andrew Luckís athleticism does not get emphasized enough. His ability to move within the pocket, use his legs to extend plays outside the pocket and his ability to throw on the run is easily one of the most important elements of his game.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That title was way harder to read than it should have been.

Oh yeah, and nice work :)
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
That title was way harder to read than it should have been.
Mission Accomplished! :P
Old 12-02-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are my Canadian doppleganger. Bravo, sir.

Not enough Shea, however.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand the lack of chatter on Rueben Randle for the life of me. He's playing on the best team in the country with big time nationally televised games and showing up in them too(with the exception of Bama, where no one showed up offensively) in spite of some really atrocious quarterback play.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great thread, I agree with you on so many things it's almost scary, especially on Kalil and Blackmon

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice writeup. I particluarly agree about Still and Jenkins.

I think Reiff will go around the 20-30 range. He doesn't have huge upside but sometimes being solid is all you need from your OT

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only thing I disagree with is RGIII. His size is not a concern to me.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why Josh Chapman gets no respect for the top 3-4 NT in this draft. He isn't flashy, but 3-4 NT's aren't suppose to be. He is a rock in the middle. The man simply doesn't get moved. He was exceptional in the 'Game of the Century'.

Devon Still has Kevin Williams potential. His ability and potential are freakishly good.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
I don't get why Josh Chapman gets no respect for the top 3-4 NT in this draft. He isn't flashy, but 3-4 NT's aren't suppose to be. He is a rock in the middle. The man simply doesn't get moved. He was exceptional in the 'Game of the Century'.
Chapman reminds me a ton of Kelly Gregg. I guy who's undersized for his position but compensates for it by playing with great leverage, being tough and knowing how to play the position. He can be a solid cog in a defense but I don't think he has the size and physical tools to be a dominant player on the next level.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I don't understand the lack of chatter on Rueben Randle for the life of me. He's playing on the best team in the country with big time nationally televised games and showing up in them too(with the exception of Bama, where no one showed up offensively) in spite of some really atrocious quarterback play.
No kidding. Randle reminds me of a bigger, more polished Randal Cobb (and I'm not just saying that because of their similar names). I expect him to be drafted early to mid 2nd round (if he declares).

It might do him some good to go back to school, increase his stats, and THEN someone will hopefully notice him in 2012. Could be a top 15 pick when all is said and done.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post

Devon Still has Kevin Williams potential. His ability and potential are freakishly good.
Will he command double team at the next level? If not, then he has no business being a 3-4 NT. If he's gonna be only 310ish pounds coming out, he'd better be able to be a 1gap guy as well. Especially where he's gonna be drafted.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:02 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OTs- agree for the most part. Dead on with Kalil and Reiff in my opinion. I'd put Kalil between Joe Thomas and Jake Long. Not as big as Long, but a better athlete. Joe Thomas is just a freak though, and the best OT prospect in recent history. Can't quite put Kalil there, but he's going to be one of the best from Day 1. Also agree on Jonathan Martin. I'm almost to the point of rating Mike Adams higher. As for Osemele, I think it depends on the scheme. Agree you don't want him to pull around the edge much at OG, but in a power scheme, he's going to have the size/strength to block DTs and going to destroy a LB on the 2nd level.

WRs- Agree completely. Blackmon is going to be good, but he's not an elite talent like Green, Julio, Megatron, and other WRs we've seen in the top 7. Randle's definitely underrated, sleeper for late 1st round IMO, and I think he should definitely come out this year. Better year to sneak into the first than next year. Adams is going to be a better pro WR than he is in college. Gets lumped with slot WRs, but I think he can play the outside with no problem.

Qbs- I think RG3 is right in the middle. He's listed at 6'2", 220. He definitely looks taller than 6'1" to me. Of course, he does have long arms and legs and appears lanky. But I don't think teams will care about his or Barkley's height.

Rest- Agree on Thomas. Don't agree on Jenkins being a better player at UF than Haden, but he definitely didn't take a back seat to him. A steal if someone lets him get out of the first round. Still, I think will be a star if he goes to the right situation. He seems like a guy that needs some legit motivation and talent around him. He's not going to be as good as he should be if he goes to a team as the centerpiece of their DL. If he's the missing piece of a puzzle, he's going to be really good.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Blackmon's physical limitations are any greater then that of someone like Michael Crabtree. He's going to measure in around 6'1 215 and I'd venture to guess he'll run somewhere between 4.45 and 4.5. Those aren't really shoddy numbers athletically. I think we've been somewhat spoiled as of late with prospects like AJ Green, Dez Bryant, and Julio Jones who possess astronomical athletic numbers, but Blackmon's already a better receiver then any of those 3 were as prospects. It's interesting, but I don't think a lack of athleticism will be what keeps Blackmon out of the Top 7 (Although I do think he goes later then that).

I agree about Jon Martin, and I think you're right in saying around Pick 33 is where his value should sit. I think most involved draftniks would have Mike Adams rated higher at this point, or at least projected higher.

Also, queue the Drew Brees comparisons if Barkley measures in around 6'1. That'll be fun to hear about on NFL Network for a few months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't think Blackmon's physical limitations are any greater then that of someone like Michael Crabtree. He's going to measure in around 6'1 215 and I'd venture to guess he'll run somewhere between 4.45 and 4.5. Those aren't really shoddy numbers athletically. I think we've been somewhat spoiled as of late with prospects like AJ Green, Dez Bryant, and Julio Jones who possess astronomical athletic numbers, but Blackmon's already a better receiver then any of those 3 were as prospects. It's interesting, but I don't think a lack of athleticism will be what keeps Blackmon out of the Top 7 (Although I do think he goes later then that).
Well in hindsight, Crabtree wasn't worth anywhere near where he was drafted and a lot that has to do with the fact that he's not the type of athlete who can create mismatches.

Also, there is NO WAY that Blackmon is a better receiver than AJ or Dez, at all, in any way. Players at OSU still say that Dez was better and you think AJ wouldn't have close to 2000 yards if he played in that offense? There is literally nothing Blackmon does better than AJ as a WR other than being a bit stronger. Maybe you could make a case for Julio because he was raw but Blackmon has the same body catching issues. And I didn't say that I don't think he will go in the top 7, I said I don't think he deserves to.

Last edited by TACKLE : 12-03-2011 at 05:00 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blackmon is not nearly the prospect as AJ Green and his game does not translate even close to how Julio Jones game translated. Minus the off the field issues, Dez is a supremely greater prospect than Dez
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much of Crabtree's issues have been caused by terrible QB play? I know he's done and said some stupid things and can't stay healthy consistently, but he's only in his 3rd season. This has been his best season so far, and his team is still 29th in passing yards in the NFL.

I think Blackmon is a very similar player, but seems to have better work ethic. But if he goes in a bad passing offense, he will put up similar numbers too.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
How much of Crabtree's issues have been caused by terrible QB play? I know he's done and said some stupid things and can't stay healthy consistently, but he's only in his 3rd season. This has been his best season so far, and his team is still 29th in passing yards in the NFL.
Oh I agree with that but even if Crabtree continues to improve and gets better QB play, in hindsight I still don't think he was worth a top 10 pick. And this is coming from someone who had Crabtree as his #1 overall prospect that year (for some reason I didn't love Stafford and that was a horrible draft at the top anyway).
Old 12-03-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Blackmon is not nearly the prospect as AJ Green and his game does not translate even close to how Julio Jones game translated. Minus the off the field issues, Dez is a supremely greater prospect than Dez
Yeah, I'm really with you guys on this one too. Never bought into Blackmon as the mega-elite guy people had him pegged as. He's a safe bet to be a very good player, but there's really not that much more projection there with him and he's not going to be outrunning guys in NFL secondaries after the catch like he's able to in the Big XII.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-04-2011 at 03:56 PM.
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would just like to point out that APS is as high as a kite and that Blackmon isn't near the level of Green, Jones or Bryant. All three of those guys have the physical ability to become elite players, unlike Blackmon.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Well in hindsight, Crabtree wasn't worth anywhere near where he was drafted and a lot that has to do with the fact that he's not the type of athlete who can create mismatches.

Also, there is NO WAY that Blackmon is a better receiver than AJ or Dez, at all, in any way. Players at OSU still say that Dez was better and you think AJ wouldn't have close to 2000 yards if he played in that offense? There is literally nothing Blackmon does better than AJ as a WR other than being a bit stronger. Maybe you could make a case for Julio because he was raw but Blackmon has the same body catching issues. And I didn't say that I don't think he will go in the top 7, I said I don't think he deserves to.
So I'm not the only one who's noticed this. He doesn't really do it along the perimeter, but it's really noticeable on most routes he runs with an inside break.

I just don't see anything about his game that would keep an NFL defensive coordinator or cornerback up at night.

Last edited by DraftSavant : 12-04-2011 at 04:28 PM.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you guys on Blackmon. I see his upside as Anquan Boldin, which there's nothing wrong with, but it's not the elite upside like those recent top WR prospects have had or even that Floyd has or even Jeffery has, they've got a lot lower floor than Blackmon, though.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I'm with you guys on Blackmon. I see his upside as Anquan Boldin, which there's nothing wrong with, but it's not the elite upside like those recent top WR prospects have had or even that Floyd has or even Jeffery has, they've got a lot lower floor than Blackmon, though.
Completely agree with this. I will say, however, that I would not touch Jeffery in the first round, maybe not even the second.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Completely agree with this. I will say, however, that I would not touch Jeffery in the first round, maybe not even the second.
I'm kind of with you on that. Although I would say that I would touch Jeffery late first, just because of the upside that he has if you can get/keep him motivated.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 12-05-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
I would just like to point out that APS is as high as a kite and that Blackmon isn't near the level of Green, Jones or Bryant. All three of those guys have the physical ability to become elite players, unlike Blackmon.
Not sure yet what potential Blackmon has as a WR. A lot will depend on his 40 time at the combine, If Blackmon runs at an elite speed around 4.40 - 4.45, then his potential is off the charts but not as high as Green but maybe in the Jones range.
I don't know how Bryant gets thrown in to this conversation. He simply lacks the intelligence to compare with these other 3 guys. He has great physical talent but will never be a solid route runner and therefore will never be a super star at the next level. He completely lacks football smarts but is carried by great physical talent.