Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe you guys actually think hes being serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breed View Post
Toot the horn? Everyything i have said has been true...

We're a dream team, and Vick is elite.... We will win the NFC East, and we will last longer than GB in the playoffs,
But none of those things are true...
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I can't believe you guys actually think hes being serious.
He was serious about all of those things at one point.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
He was serious about all of those things at one point.
Please dont judge me TJ...just for being a fan of the same team as him :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Please dont judge me TJ...just for being a fan of the same team as him :(
You're ok lol you're usually pretty good....takes a special person to reach Breed status

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:36 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
You're ok lol you're usually pretty good....takes a special person to reach Breed status
Yeah if im going to homer up, its usually gonna be with the Lakers more than anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We're a dream team, and Vick is elite.... We will win the NFC East, and we will last longer than GB in the playoffs,
A dream team with a 3-4 record and a ****** ass defense.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:25 AM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
A dream team with a 3-4 record and a ****** ass defense.
I've been a member since Week 2, so i know that you get mad when someone makes this thread before you....
Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've been a member since Week 2, so i know that you get mad when someone makes this thread before you....
Obviously it doesn't if I didn't make a big deal about it. You obviously don't read when I say I don't care if someone else does it.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:11 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's already the halfway mark of the season, it looks like the teams (barring injury) are now out there, playing up to the talent level they should have been. You'll probably see some weeding out between the good teams and the bad teams over the next 4-5 weeks.
DcmRulz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:20 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
It's already the halfway mark of the season, it looks like the teams (barring injury) are now out there, playing up to the talent level they should have been. You'll probably see some weeding out between the good teams and the bad teams over the next 4-5 weeks.
Eh, I disagree. There are still some teams with major question marks who could have a major impact on the rest of the season.

A few examples:

49ers - Are they really this good? They have an unbelievably easy schedule coming up and could actually clinch the division by Thanksgiving. That's pretty unbelievable.

Giants - Lose to the lousy Redskins and a VERY lousy Seattle team...get stomped early on by Miami before coming back...what kind of team are they?

Chargers - They're still 4-3 with a shot at their division. Will Rivers put it together or not?

Raiders - How bad will they be with Palmer?

Bears - Can't seem to hang with the upper echelon teams in the NFC, but have so far beat all of their primary Wildcard competition (Falcons, Bucs.) Beating the Eagles on Monday night will help that also. Remember, they had similar struggles early on last year but pulled together after a curb stomping at the hands of the Giants. This year, that came at the hands of the Lions and they've been winning since then. Could definitely still play a role in how the NFC shakes out.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You are the Dream Team? Nobody with a 3-4 record can be considered a dream team.

Vick is elite? He has 11 TDs and 8 INTs. He has never had consecutive winning seasons. He has never taken a team to the playoffs in consecutive seasons. He has never won anything. He has played 16 games in a season once. He is far from elite.

You will win the NFC East? At best, the Eagles are going to finish 10-6. The Giants at worst will be 9-7. Is it possible? Yes. But everything has to go their way.

You will last longer than GB in the playoffs? No. Just no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate that we have to play the Giants this week. They struggle against bad teams, but still win. They play out of their mind against good teams.

They seem to just play up to their competitions level.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:48 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I hate that we have to play the Giants this week. They struggle against bad teams, but still win. They play out of their mind against good teams.

They seem to just play up to their competitions level.
They remind me a bit of the Jaguars during the middle part of last decade. They'd play out of their minds and barely lose to the best teams, sometimes even beating them, then turn around the next week and get stomped by the David Carr Texans or someone like that

That Seahawks loss is just unforgivable for the Giants. Then getting behind vs. Miami didn't help.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:01 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nts-in-league/

Interesting. Adrian Peterson faces the most 8 man fronts out of any RB in the league, but has still managed 217 yards and 4 TDs against them.

And if you don't stack the box, he averages 5.37 YPC. Imagine if he were actually on a decent team?
Old 11-03-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ers-are-wrong/

Rivers says he didn't say "Worst Day Ever."

The AP also says that he is playing with a chest injury he suffered in week 2 against the Pats which may explain his accuracy problems.

That wouldn't however explain his poor decision making though...
Old 11-03-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BeerBaron. Pay DA Man.

If he gets tagged, if shouldn't sign later. Hold them at ransom for the ridiculous amount they have to pay him for the 1 year.

I wonder how that makes other Bears players feel, if you perform you might not get paid. Except for Lance Briggs, that dude is greedy.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
BeerBaron. Pay DA Man.

If he gets tagged, if shouldn't sign later. Hold them at ransom for the ridiculous amount they have to pay him for the 1 year.

I wonder how that makes other Bears players feel, if you perform you might not get paid. Except for Lance Briggs, that dude is greedy.
Before the season, I was against paying Forte DeAngelo Williams+ money. I'm starting to come around a little on that now, since he really does seem to be an elite player, but the team is definitely interested only in franchise tagging him after this year.

And yeah, Briggs is a greedy douche. We DID let him hit free agency a few years back and no one wanted to pay him what he thinks he's worth. We bring him back for a deal that's honestly not that bad, and he's still bitching.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
They remind me a bit of the Jaguars during the middle part of last decade. They'd play out of their minds and barely lose to the best teams, sometimes even beating them, then turn around the next week and get stomped by the David Carr Texans or someone like that

That Seahawks loss is just unforgivable for the Giants. Then getting behind vs. Miami didn't help.
Yup....that's the Giant way...

I have a bad feeling the Seattle loss will haunt us for the rest of the season. That was a bad loss. I thought we needed to go 6-1 to feel comfortable about finishing 10-6 on the season. At 5-2...I'm not so comfortable. We basically have no room for error the rest of the season, and have to upset 1 team we assume we'll lose to along the way.

It's not going to be easy, especially with our track record of falling apart towards the end of the season under Coughlin.

Miami...they just didn't show up for that game. The Giants tried sleepwalking through the game and they just managed to pull it out once they woke up in the second half.

The schemes on both sides of the ball were so basic the first half, it almost looked like we were treating it like a PS game. I don't like how the Giants do that, but it is what it is.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

To be fair we were driving for the game winning TD when Cruz slipping led to a pick 6 that sealed that game...so yeah, the giants just like having to come back for the win against teams, it's clearly how they keep themselves from getting bored...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ers-are-wrong/

Rivers says he didn't say "Worst Day Ever."

The AP also says that he is playing with a chest injury he suffered in week 2 against the Pats which may explain his accuracy problems.

That wouldn't however explain his poor decision making though...
I knew something was off...

But even then...he didn't have a good first week or 2nd week either. He's been off even before this supposed chest injury.

So I don't know what's going on with him. All I know is he's killing my fantasy team.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

speaking of Cruz, man that guy is crafty. Made everyone forget about Steve Smith.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
To be fair we were driving for the game winning TD when Cruz slipping led to a pick 6 that sealed that game...so yeah, the giants just like having to come back for the win against teams, it's clearly how they keep themselves from getting bored...
It definitely should not have even been that close. The Giants should have won that one by 3 TDs. They just...didn't.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jaguars is an unfair comparison. They haven't won a division title since Del Rio has been there and they are about the most boring team in the NFL to watch.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The Jaguars is an unfair comparison. They haven't won a division title since Del Rio has been there and they are about the most boring team in the NFL to watch.
It's more about the way they played. Always up or down to their competition, rarely getting outright blown out but rarely blowing anyone out either.

Additionally, if the Colts were in your division, Coughlin probably wouldn't have a division title either.