Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-17-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Oh God please let Michael Floyd drop to the Bills.
I think it's clear by now that God hates the Bills.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
While all those prospect are really fast, Wright just looks smooth at WR and is a true playmaker when the ball is in his hands. Wright is a WR with elite speed, not an athlete with great speed playing WR. Also Kendall's Wright's production is by far better than all those prospects.

Actually Edwards has better production. Kendall Wright had a tougher schedule, I'll give him that.
Jack203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack203 View Post
Actually Edwards has better production. Kendall Wright had a tougher schedule, I'll give him that.
Lol Houston's stats are always boosted, name one offensive player to come out of Houston in the last 10 years that made an impact in the NFL.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Lol Houston's stats are always boosted, name one offensive player to come out of Houston in the last 10 years that made an impact in the NFL.
Donnie Avery!!!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Joe Adams is the closest thing to Mike Wallace in this draft, from what I've seen of him.

I also love B.J. Cunningham.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack203 View Post
What makes Kendall Wright better then Jarius Wright, Joe Adams, TY Hilton, Patrick Edwards..just to name a few....
I think Kendall Wright can legitimately play the outside in the NFL. I don't think he's Mike Wallace. Wallace is a good inch to inch and a half taller and much better put together physically. But I think Wright can play on the inside or out, just not to the extent of Wallace.

Jarius Wright, Hilton, and Edwards are going to be much better slot options than outside. I do think Wright can be dynamic and a big time playmaker in the slot though. Hilton doesn't do much for me, to be honest. And I don't even know if Edwards is draftable. He's really small. Looks to be very fast, but he's never going to play outside the numbers in the NFL and seems more like a niche guy. Joe Adams is a player I like a lot though. Not sure why, but I like him better than his teammate, Wright, despite the numbers. I do think he can be an outside WR also. But he doesn't have Kendall's number which is why Wright is separated from him also. I do think he has more "juke" than the other 3 in this group and can better beat press coverage. He also is a monster in the return game, so he has that going for him too.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good argument Rawdawg...
Old 11-17-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

Any thoughts on Lance Lewis?
Old 11-18-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default TOP 25

Top guys

1. *Justin Blackmon - Top 10
2. Michael Floyd - Top 15
3. *Ashlon Jeffery - 1st rounder
4. *Mohamed Sanu - late 1st/early 2nd
5. Kendall Wright - late 1st/early 2nd
6. *Ruben Randle - 2nd rounder

After these guys then it gets a little tricky and can see these next few go in round 2 or round 4.

1(7). Jeff Fuller - Has been playign a lot better, but has looked bad at times with drops
2(8). Ryan Broyles - What will the knee injury do to his stock? Was a 2nd rounder before injury
3(9). Nick Toon - Will the combine expose is lack of athleticism and cause him to fall. I heard scouts see him more as a 4th rounder and I am warming to that idea..nothing stands out to me.

Risers....players I can see rise to the second round and/or surpass the previous 3 mentioned.

1(10). Dwight Jones - Really came on late last year, is not getting the credit he deserves.
2(11). Marvin McNutt - Who hasn't fallen in love with his play. who cares if he runs a 4.6-4.7, the guy knows how to use use his frame and over leap players, reminds me of a Boldin/Britt combo.
3(12). Jarius Wright - His speed will seperate himself with the others

Over-Hyped ????

1(13). Justin Criner - I just don't see the ability to seperate from defenders at the next level, reminds me of James Hardy
2(14). AJ Jenkins - Came on the scene like gang busters this year. immature, and horrible route running will hold him back.
3(17). Jermaine Kearse - reminds me of Jason Hill, look how he has turned out.
4(22). Greg Childs - Like Criner I don't think he has the ability to seperate himself from defenders in the NFL.

Sleepers

1(15). Brian Quick - The Senior Bowl is the most important game for him
2(16). TY Hilton - He has the speed and hands but man is he small, reminds me of Jarrett Dillard, can he take the pounding?
3(19). Joe Adams - Reminds me of Harvin but still raw, can be used slot, split or backfield.
4(21). Lance Lewis - Like Jerome Simpson he will be raw and need a year or two to develop routes.

Middle of the road guys

1(18). BJ Cunningham - I know I will be railed for this but he is a very good college guy who can have a Jason Avant style career in the league, doesnt do anything great but doesnt do anything bad.
2(20). Marquise Maze - like Hilton and Adams Has the speed and quickness to be a sneaky good in the slot
3(23). TJ Graham - Almost put him in the sleeper section, the pre-draft will help figure him out.
4(24). DeVier Posey - Never understood the hype on him. reminds me of Hartline but a little bigger.
5(25). Chris Owusu - Concussions has really sapped his value this year.
3. RB - Jeremy Hill - LSU
4. C - Travis Swanson - Arkansas
4. DT - Justin Ellis - Louisianna Tech
6. LB - Kevin Pierre-Louis - Boston College
6. WR - Jeremy Gallon - Michigan
7. OG - Zach Fulton - Tennessee

UDFA
QB - Stephen Morris - Miami
CB - Kendall James - Maine
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

Another strong analysis. I like it. But no love for MAC guys White or Edwards huh. What about Greg Jennings? Just saying, anything's possible.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

And Chris Givens over at Wake Forest....Not very exciting?
Old 11-18-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about Toon is that at least for the last 2 years he has been the guy who's on the verge of breaking out, but never does. He either has had injuries or just not been productive, whether it be because of his own faults or that of the scheme he has played in.

He has never really consistently produced while always being hyped as a big time WR. I'm not sure what to make of him.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:07 AM    (permalink
BrettFavresMember
Rookie

BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember BrettFavresMember

Marvin McNutt is a first round player, bottom line.

9 catches, 151 yards, 2 tds yesterday.

The 53 yard run-and-catch speaks for itself.

On the year now for Marvin:

74 catches, 1210 yards, 12 tds
BrettFavresMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bit of a big bump, but I did a bit of work on Tommy Streeter yesterday that I feel like sharing with a broader audience. I liked what I saw overall. The biggest concern with him is that the sample size is so limited. Miami wasn't moving the ball up and down the field in the passing game this year, so I'm not terribly concerned with the 800 yards...but the fact that there's really only one year of stuff to watch is something that I'm not entirely comfortable with. But yeah, quick dirty scouting report;

Positives
-Very good long speed. Overall height to athleticism ratio is good.
-Tall, rangy, and long armed. Able to generate separation down the field between that and his speed.
-Uses his body well, both length wise and shielding the all from defenders.
-Able to make catches with guys close to him, showing good focus. Wins jump ball battles regularly.
-Lines up both in the slot and on the outside, seemingly unafraid to work the middle of the field and take a hit.
-Quicker feet than you would expect for a tall guy. Runs some double moves on occasion. Subtle type stuff as opposed to quick cuts, but it works and helps him get separation.

Negatives
-Improving rapidly, but very raw overall. Still maturing physically and technically.
-Doesn't seem to have "strong" hands. You would like to see him attack the ball when it's in the air better.
-Drops passes on occasion.
-Experience is a big concern. He was only able to get regular playing time this year.
-I haven't seen him pressed often, but a lot of his better plays come with a clean release on off coverage.
-Build up speed. Doesn't accelerate quickly and sudden probably won't be an adjective you ever use to describe him.

Grade: 3rd of 4th round type player right now. Testing will be huge for him. Lot's of ability and good physical tools, but the lack of film on him really holds him back. Probably should have stayed for his Senior season, but he has a good chance at being a mid-round pick and could well go higher if shows well at the combine.

Anyone have any thoughts on the guy? I'm cautious, but I really like what I've seen out of the guy so far.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice writeup. I've seen very little of the Canes this year (other than Lamar Miller).
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With his skillset, I think he compares favorably to Chris Henry.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If DeVier Posey and Terrelle Pryor played a full season at Ohio State this year instead of what transpired, Posey would be at worst a 2nd round pick. He was beastly in the two games he did play. I don't know where he will be drafted (3rd round seems most likely at this point so far) but he will be a starting NFL WR and a pretty good one. He has #1 WR potential if he can cut out the drops.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Blackmon - Top 15
Michael Floyd - Top 15
Kendall Wright - Top 32

Alshon Jeffery 2nd round
Nick Toon 2nd round
Dwight Jones 2nd round
Tommy Streeter 2nd round

Mohamed Sanu - 3rd round
Jarius Wright - 3rd round
Ryan Broyles - 3rd round
DeVier Posey - 3rd round right now but the post season could effect him dramatically
Jarius Wright - 3rd round

AJ Jenkins - 4th round
Jeff Fuller - 4th round

It's a pretty decent crop with some real depth.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming he does what he needs to and gets the hell in shape for the postseason stuff, I still can't see Alshon falling to the second round. If Mike Williams can go Top 10, I don't see why someone between 24-32 with a big need at WR wouldn't take a shot on Jeffery (Again, this is assuming he doesn't Andre Smith his workouts all offseason).
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Assuming he does what he needs to and gets the hell in shape for the postseason stuff, I still can't see Alshon falling to the second round. If Mike Williams can go Top 10, I don't see why someone between 24-32 with a big need at WR wouldn't take a shot on Jeffery (Again, this is assuming he doesn't Andre Smith his workouts all offseason).
Jeffery's has more problems than just weight and speed. He is a poor route runner as well and that is what allows big WR's to be effective. Pro scouts and GM's aren't fools, they hate prospects who won't work hard at their chosen profession, that is something that drives players out of the NFL pretty quickly.
He's put zero time into staying in shape and he has put nothing into learning how to run a route. Do you really think a NFL team will draft him in round 1 or will they wait till round 2, before taking the risk.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
If DeVier Posey and Terrelle Pryor played a full season at Ohio State this year instead of what transpired, Posey would be at worst a 2nd round pick. He was beastly in the two games he did play. I don't know where he will be drafted (3rd round seems most likely at this point so far) but he will be a starting NFL WR and a pretty good one. He has #1 WR potential if he can cut out the drops.
I like Posey a lot. I think the knock on him is that he doesn't have 1 thing that really stands out. He has good enough size, speed, route running ability, hands, and ability to go up and get the ball in traffic...but he doesn't excel in any of those areas. He has a nice long stride and will be able to eat up a CBs cushion quicker than anticipated. I like his ability to hide in a zone defense and find an open spot. Don't think he's a guy that's going to win a lot of matchups vs. press coverage in the 3-step drop game, but I love his body control. He's not physical off the line, but I think he does a good job contorting himself to get away from defenders. He also has good ability to adjust to the ball in the air, and I think he has the subtle pushoff move down also. I like his versatility to play inside or out. Love him vs. off man or zone. Not sure if he will ever put it altogether and be a legit #1 like Calvin/Andre Johnson or Fitzgerald, but I think he can be a poor man's top WR like Stevie Johnson.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Jeffery's has more problems than just weight and speed. He is a poor route runner as well and that is what allows big WR's to be effective. Pro scouts and GM's aren't fools, they hate prospects who won't work hard at their chosen profession, that is something that drives players out of the NFL pretty quickly.
He's put zero time into staying in shape and he has put nothing into learning how to run a route. Do you really think a NFL team will draft him in round 1 or will they wait till round 2, before taking the risk.
It's not as big of a risk for a team in the 24-32 range as was suggested. Those are obviously playoff teams with fewer holes than most teams, thus aren't as destroyed when their top pick doesn't pan out.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
With his skillset, I think he compares favorably to Chris Henry.
Yeah, he's actually pretty eerily similar in terms of ability. I think he's more of a roleplayer early in his career, but he could well develop into a a #1 or #2 target if he continues to get better.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-15-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
I like Posey a lot. I think the knock on him is that he doesn't have 1 thing that really stands out. He has good enough size, speed, route running ability, hands, and ability to go up and get the ball in traffic...but he doesn't excel in any of those areas. He has a nice long stride and will be able to eat up a CBs cushion quicker than anticipated. I like his ability to hide in a zone defense and find an open spot. Don't think he's a guy that's going to win a lot of matchups vs. press coverage in the 3-step drop game, but I love his body control. He's not physical off the line, but I think he does a good job contorting himself to get away from defenders. He also has good ability to adjust to the ball in the air, and I think he has the subtle pushoff move down also. I like his versatility to play inside or out. Love him vs. off man or zone. Not sure if he will ever put it altogether and be a legit #1 like Calvin/Andre Johnson or Fitzgerald, but I think he can be a poor man's top WR like Stevie Johnson.
I certainly wouldn't compare him to C.Johnson, A.Johnson, or Fitzgerald. Those are elite guys who were unstoppable in college and unstoppable in the pros and top 5 picks. I think Posey is going to be more like a Hakeem Nicks, Jordy Nelson, Brandon Lloyd type. Very good, pro bowl caliber potential if he can correct his hands. At worst he'll be a solid starting #2 receiver.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I seriously need to do more homework on Posey. In spite of hearing "Oh he's overhyped" every time his name comes up, but all I've ever seen the guy do is make plays. Watched a lot of McNutt today, Posey might be next on my list.

R.I.P. Junior Seau