Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Will Manning ever play again?
Nope, he's done. 19 27.14%
Yes, he'll heal up and play again eventually. 23 32.86%
Too early to tell. 28 40.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning is got a lot of work to do if he is ever cleared to play or continue to practice or even workout.

THey showed him on the sidelines a few weeks ago and he looks like he's lost a ton of weight. With it being 3 neck surgies in 19 months and being 37 in March, his body, especially a serious injury such as a neck injury, isn't going to be what it was to recover.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He may not be officially done but he doesn't have much left. He is going to be 37 next season with a bum neck. Even if his neck was 100% his time is still running short. I dont think he will be around much longer.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's had one heck of a career. He's a 1st ballot Hall of Famer if he hangs it up after this year, no matter what.

This season proves not only how much he meant to the Colts, but he was the Colts. At 37 years old, thats old in football terms, but still a young individual to risk any serious damage to his health.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he's not, but I'm pretty sure his career is over.

Let's think about this for a second, they're hoping he regenerates nerves.

Regenerates nerves. You know how rare that is? When you lose a nerve, it's done. It doesn't come back. I don't care how much money you have, if it can't come back, it can't come back.

This fusion surgery was a desperation attempt with very uneven results based on past attempts. It's no guarantee at all.

And it still hasn't fused, which puts him off schedule if the surgery was in fact successful. The fact that they had to perform it again in an attempt to kick start it shows that the signs aren't promising.

I hate that it has to end this way, but it seems like it's over for Peyton. I'll be shocked if he can resume his career. It's a sad way to see him go, but I'm not expecting him to come back.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This possibility makes me a sad panda.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Scott makes educated predictions, there is a difference.
The forum is for us all to do that.
Some people here are more educated on medical situations than football actually.

Nick Collins.... I fear he's done too, and he's about 7 years younger than Manning, but has the neck injury.
If either can play again, let it be Nick please thank you.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
The forum is for us all to do that.
Some people here are more educated on medical situations than football actually.

Nick Collins.... I fear he's done too, and he's about 7 years younger than Manning, but has the neck injury.
If either can play again, let it be Nick please thank you.

If there are any doctors on here it would be news to me. Everyone else is just guessing.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, an upside of this is I won't have to fear the Colts on my teams schedule for atleast a season or two...
Ngatachance92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Indy doesn't win a game this year and the Colts pick #1 overall, I think his career as the Colts' starting QB is over.

It won't really matter what happens if the Colts control the destiny of Andrew Luck. Either they'll get an elite QB (or at least a very good one) or they'll 10k+ draft value points worth for that pick.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:38 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You folks are acting like this is the first time you've seen a player, even a very good one, retire due to injuries. I guess it's sad, but he's going to be 37. He wasn't going to play for much longer anyways. We've seen the same thing time and time again with other quarterbacks having to walk away due to nagging injuries and advanced age. Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Steve McNair, etc. Walking out on top like John Elway is a very rare thing.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
You folks are acting like this is the first time you've seen a player, even a very good one, retire due to injuries. I guess it's sad, but he's going to be 37. He wasn't going to play for much longer anyways. We've seen the same thing time and time again with other quarterbacks having to walk away due to nagging injuries and advanced age. Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Steve McNair, etc. Walking out on top like John Elway is a very rare thing.
It is a surprise though. There was talk about him being ready to play at the beginning of this season, and then all the sudden it's possible his career is over?

The guys you listed had persistent problems through out their career, and it was really obvious when their retirements were coming.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a doctor but I'm a scientist who specializes in cell culture. *shrug*

I won't pretend to be an expert in the field of nerve regeneration, but from my understanding, it seems like a long shot for him to regenerate nerves.

He has a better chance through stem cell therapy, but I'm not sure of the legality of that.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How amazing of a coach, especially QB coach, would Manning be? He could just yell audibles and stuff into the QB's headset and win games with like ken dorsey and bilbo baggins at receiver

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He has a better chance through stem cell therapy, but I'm not sure of the legality of that.
He took a trip to Europe to give that a try. Want to say it was early in the season.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
How amazing of a coach, especially QB coach, would Manning be? He could just yell audibles and stuff into the QB's headset and win games with like ken dorsey and bilbo baggins at receiver
It's like every Vol fans wet dream that he'll come be the Vols offensive coordinator (if not head coach) the moment he retires. There's about one new thread started on it every day over on Volnation.