Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-08-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
The student rally for JoePa has now devolved to tear gas and riot police. So misguided and surreal.
Obviously, none of these students read the Grand Jury Report on this matter. If they had, they wouldn't get tear-gassed to show support for somebody who was complicit in the cover-up of what's likely to be one of the biggest pedophile busts on record.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
That was already happening before this scandal. Penn State has stopped being an elite program awhile back.

I think the Board is planning to clean house completely (or should I say I hope), it's just it can't do it all at once.
I agree with that. You can't really get rid of everyone at once...too much disarray I think. Obviously get rid of the 2 big ones first Curley and Schultz. Replace them and find a replacement for Spanier and cut him as well.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
hoekd0250
Rookie

hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, sorry but the media is making paterno out to be more of a villin then sandusky. Theres more reports on what paterno failed to do then what sandusky did. If people are putting most of the blame on paterno what about the GA assistant. I believe we are getting the wrong version of the story, and that the truth may come down to the GA covering his back first and foremost. I believe he say what he said freaked out as some would at first. Relized he made the wrong decision on running out on the kid called his dad knowing paterno would question his judgement to run out and not act. So he and his dad came up with a way to tell paterno half the story to make him not look like a coward which is why he waited till the next day to tell the story. Paterno was probally told a half way story and then told his boss what he was told. I believe the bosses investigated sandusky found out the truth were scared just the mere thought of this getting out would end the program and themselves for letting it happen and covered it up telling paterno some truth to the story, but they didnt find complete truth to the story, which is why he kinda seperated himself but not entirely. I dont think Paterno was ever told the entire story. I have a hard time seeing a guy live his entire life in a certain way but then cover up the biggest thing in his life. He is still carrys some of the blame for not really following up but he also is being the true scapegoat like when hes gone the whole senerio will just disappear with it. Lets remember Sandusky is the ultimate person to blame here.
hoekd0250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to just say that I was not apart of the embarrassing riots that occurred in State College tonight. Showing your support for JoePa or rallying in front of Old Main is okay, but then people got out of hand. They forgot the whole nation is watching, and made the rest of us look bad.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I am fairly drunk in my apartment dreading thanksgiving because all my relatives will want to talk about this. What this guy was disgustingly sick, and clearly people don't know how to handle it.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekd0250 View Post
Ok, sorry but the media is making paterno out to be more of a villin then sandusky. Theres more reports on what paterno failed to do then what sandusky did. If people are putting most of the blame on paterno what about the GA assistant. I believe we are getting the wrong version of the story, and that the truth may come down to the GA covering his back first and foremost. I believe he say what he said freaked out as some would at first. Relized he made the wrong decision on running out on the kid called his dad knowing paterno would question his judgement to run out and not act. So he and his dad came up with a way to tell paterno half the story to make him not look like a coward which is why he waited till the next day to tell the story. Paterno was probally told a half way story and then told his boss what he was told. I believe the bosses investigated sandusky found out the truth were scared just the mere thought of this getting out would end the program and themselves for letting it happen and covered it up telling paterno some truth to the story, but they didnt find complete truth to the story, which is why he kinda seperated himself but not entirely. I dont think Paterno was ever told the entire story. I have a hard time seeing a guy live his entire life in a certain way but then cover up the biggest thing in his life. He is still carrys some of the blame for not really following up but he also is being the true scapegoat like when hes gone the whole senerio will just disappear with it. Lets remember Sandusky is the ultimate person to blame here.

Absolutely no one is putting more blame on JoePa than Sandusky. Everyone knows that Sandusky is an absolutely despicable monster, but the fact is JoePa IS Penn State. When he doesn't go beyond his so called duty for something like this, he's going to get blamed for it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently there are some conflicting reports....

I just saw on TV that sources are telling ESPN that Spanier could be replaced by Tom Ridge, former Pennsylvania Governor as well as Secretary of Homeland Security under President George W. Bush.

That would certainly make a statement.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
hoekd0250
Rookie

hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...ican_cultur e

Here is a very good article on the story and how the media and people are seeing the whole scenerio as its unfolding. Great article to read.
hoekd0250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

I just saw on TV that sources are telling ESPN that Spanier could be replaced by Tom Ridge, former Pennsylvania Governor as well as Secretary of Homeland Security under President George W. Bush.

A law and order guy, Tom Ridge. Definitely would send the right message.
There's a new sheriff in town who doesn't care about anyone's reputation if they cross the line.

Moves need to be made quickly.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

Tom Ridge eh? Can't say I'm a big fan (no politics intended), but anything is an improvement.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-08-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

Here is a very good article on the story and how the media and people are seeing the whole scenerio as its unfolding. Great article to read.
Umm no, not at all. This article is horseshit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-09-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That article is hilarious. Somehow Obama is destroying Joe Paterno.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Old 11-09-2011, 12:55 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Also, I am fairly drunk in my apartment dreading thanksgiving because all my relatives will want to talk about this. What this guy was disgustingly sick, and clearly people don't know how to handle it.
Hopefully they are at least mature when talking about it.

Sorry that your semester is going to end so suckily.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read on another board that the DA the investigated the rape case back in 98 and decided not to press charges went missing in 2005. Anyone know if this true?
Old 11-09-2011, 01:25 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
I read on another board that the DA the investigated the rape case back in 98 and decided not to press charges went missing in 2005. Anyone know if this true?
Yes it's true. Article is somewhere earlier in this thread. His hard drive was found in the water by his abandoned car. Very mafia like.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Listening to Dan Patrick's podcast from earlier in the day. Dude is pissed off.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:32 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://nittanylionsden.com/2011-arti...e-paterno.html

http://thatlawyerdude.blogspot.com/2...terno-why.html

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 11-09-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Psu is going to have the pants sued off of them. I hope that they have a great insurance policy because they are going to need it.

Funbuncher nailed it wrt their football program. If they don't clean house immediately they are in a black hole. If they do clean house the damage may only be for a few years until after the legal cases are over.
I'm almost 100% sure insurance isn't going to cover a payout due to illegal activity. It's a good thing Penn State has such a large endowment on the other hand because they're going to be going deep into it.

As for the students singing Living on a Prayer at Paterno's house last night. Morons.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
As for the students singing Living on a Prayer at Paterno's house last night. Morons.
Please look over the entire body of evidence (read the Grand Jury report, 1998 investigation report and 2009 investigation report) then come back and consciously place the blame at JoePa's feet. I've read all three and am sick to the core that ESPN spotlights him rather than the entire administration (not stopping with those whom have been charged). He is being railroaded for being "immoral" by not going directly to the police. He calls a press conference to shed some light on what he knew and the administration (Graham Spanier's office) cancels it. They are 100% comfortable allowing JoePa to be displayed as the problem rather than a bit player.

The police despite multiple accusations from parents, children, etc filed ZERO charges across multiple times of abuse. You know what difference JoePa repeating a secondhand eyewitness account (McQ) would of had on the successful prosecution of this bastard? Zero. The administration at Penn State failed to protect these boys as even when in 1998 the attorney general declined to press charges PSU should of banned his sorry ass from the university instead of letting him go.

Graham Spanier allowed the inaction of others to permanently tarnish PSU. Allowing JoePa to be railroaded into all the blame when the administration sat idly is not going to prevent this from happening again.

Since ESPN isn't going to report it I'll just pass it along. PSU students were protesting through campus against the administration. They were outside his office, outside the HUB (eatery / lounge in the middle of campus), as well as rallying for JoePa's house before moving to Beaver stadium.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Please look over the entire body of evidence (read the Grand Jury report, 1998 investigation report and 2009 investigation report) then come back and consciously place the blame at JoePa's feet. I've read all three and am sick to the core that ESPN spotlights him rather than the entire administration (not stopping with those whom have been charged). He is being railroaded for being "immoral" by not going directly to the police. He calls a press conference to shed some light on what he knew and the administration (Graham Spanier's office) cancels it. They are 100% comfortable allowing JoePa to be displayed as the problem rather than a bit player.

The police despite multiple accusations from parents, children, etc filed ZERO charges across multiple times of abuse. You know what difference JoePa repeating a secondhand eyewitness account (McQ) would of had on the successful prosecution of this bastard? Zero. The administration at Penn State failed to protect these boys as even when in 1998 the attorney general declined to press charges PSU should of banned his sorry ass from the university instead of letting him go.

Graham Spanier allowed the inaction of others to permanently tarnish PSU. Allowing JoePa to be railroaded into all the blame when the administration sat idly is not going to prevent this from happening again.

Since ESPN isn't going to report it I'll just pass it along. PSU students were protesting through campus against the administration. They were outside his office, outside the HUB (eatery / lounge in the middle of campus), as well as rallying for JoePa's house before moving to Beaver stadium.
No one is placing all of the blame at Joe Pa's feet. I've already said in previous posts that the whole administration should be fired and they are all culpable. The thing is JoePa ran that school for 50 years and had more power there than the president and the AD and so on. If there was 1 person who could have stopped this it was him. Instead he sweeps it under the rug, gives this sick man carte blanche at the campus, and continues to go on as if nothing has ever happened. While he legally did the right thing the one time his moral compass was pointed in the totally wrong direction. How many extra lives were ruined all because JoePa didn't have the guts to take his friend down? For anyone to show sympathy to Paterno now is doing so just to be a contrarian.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-09-2011, 07:29 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, but I doubt many believe that if Joe Paterno called local law enforcement personally about his suspicions regarding Sandusky, nothing would have been done.
Paterno is arguably the most important man in the state. If he had told cops I think my top assistant is molesting little boys in the showers at PSU, it would have been a wrap.

What's galling to most IMO is that despite the inaction by Paterno's 'superiors', Paterno still gave Sandusky broad access to the football program and its facilities.

Paterno may have been incredulous after the 1998 report, but what was he thinking in 2002? How many times does he have to hear that Sandusky is a pedophile before JoePa takes action??

JoePa isn't a bit player in all of this, he most of all had the authority and the power to bring an end to this garbage.
Yet he didn't.

You know why no one followed up on bringing Sandusky to justice??? Because he was considered closely allied with Paterno.
It's the reason I believe Sandusky sexually assaulted young boys on PSU's campus, because he KNEW his association with Paterno made him virtually untouchable by the PSU administration.
Sandusky was right.

JoePa was the primary figure who could have stepped up and said to the President of the University and AD, do your jobs and don't worry about my 'friendship' with Sandusky.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:34 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, this will be very painful, but I HAVE to say this.

Yes, Joe Paterno is getting a lot of heat because of his celebrity status, but he is getting a lot of support because of that also.

If Joe was a 1st-year coach, do you think there would be thousands gathering around his house?
Maybe to lynch him.

Joe should NOT be absolved of this. Even if he didn't get the whole story, the mere mention of inproper conduct should have forced Joe to put pressure on Curley to launch a thorough investigation into this matter.

Simply mentioning the incident of this magnitude to the superiors is NOWHERE NEAR enough.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

There have been articles now saying McQueary did give JoePa all the details about what happened in the shower so that's not even an excuse anymore. I have a feeling this is going to get even worse as more people come forward and the reporters really start digging in. It also seems like JoePa is so senile at this point he doesn't even realize the implication of what's going on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-09-2011, 07:59 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Hang in there Tim. I'm a PSU grad. Class of 89. This is so disgusting it's beyond belief. Jerry Sandusky is a sick, evil diabolical man. I hope he does the honorable thing and pulls the trigger. I'm a parent too. This is what happens when a person becomes bigger than an institution. Everybody knows Joepa should have been gone 10 years ago. Just because he couldn't coach any more. He's not even coaching the damn team and hasn't been for a while. Just ask any guys on the team if you know them. PSU has to take decisive action. Fire Spanier. I hope Curley and Schultz go to jail. Joepa knew somewhere along the line the deal with Sandusky and didn't act. Terrible decision by the smartest, most honorable coach in the NCAA. And, his legacy will be forever tainted. He's got to live with it now. PSU has to move on and wipe the slate clean with everyone. And, if you see Mike McQuery punch him in the mouth! Don't worry, he'll just run home to daddy and tell him some "meany" punched him. I'm sure he will be allowed to "coach" the team Saturday. From the press box with no headset as usual. How is that coaching? Doesn't even address the team at halftime because he can't get there and back upstairs in time. I don't think he should make the trip to Columbus and Madison though. As for McQuery, I may throw my Diet Pepsi at him if he runs on to the field Saturday. Go support your classmates. They deserve it. They've busted their a** for 4-5 years and didn't deserve it. The victims are the ones we should feel sorry for. But, at least support your classmates.

As for Thanksgiving, it's going to be all over for Joepa by then. Won't be much to talk about except to spray water on the ashes.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote