Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-09-2011, 08:08 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
You know why no one followed up on bringing Sandusky to justice??? Because he was considered closely allied with Paterno.
It's the reason I believe Sandusky sexually assaulted young boys on PSU's campus, because he KNEW his association with Paterno made him virtually untouchable by the PSU administration.
Sandusky was right.
I believe that the Grand Jury Report actually stated that all of the janitors believed they would be fired if they reported what they had seen.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN reports JoePa will retire at the end of the season.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
ESPN reports JoePa will retire at the end of the season.
Shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. As I stated previously, many in/around the program thought this was his last year anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe they are letting him stay the rest of the year. What the heck is going on there!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think he could retire sooner than the end of the season.
If JoePa gives interviews and sounds like a senile crazy grandpa, or comes across like he's lying and implies he had no idea Sandusky was a pedo, he's gone immediately.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I still think he could retire sooner than the end of the season.
If JoePa gives interviews and sounds like a senile crazy grandpa, or comes across like he's lying and implies he had no idea Sandusky was a pedo, he's gone immediately.
A lot of the Penn State beat reporters are saying they expect him to coach this weekend then step down.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-09-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
A lot of the Penn State beat reporters are saying they expect him to coach this weekend then step down.
That wouldn't surprise me. At this point, you have to be pretty naive to think that he didn't know that Sandusky was a pedophile. He might not have known the extreme nature of it (20+ kids by some reports, already), but he knew something was wrong.

He's either senile or he was complicit in the cover-up. Either way, it's time to go.

And I'm a Michigan fan, but I love Penn State fans and had profound respect for JoePa.

Last edited by WCH : 11-09-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Granted but all of the press seems to go to Joe Pa I hear Joe Pa's name more than the guy who did the deed, the witness, and the superiors. Even the thread title puts it more on Joe Pa.
I truly believe the media just can't handle the discussion of what Sandusky did and it turns to tangential issues, which is JoePa. It's a whole lot easier to discuss all the other a-holes who dropped the ball than to focus on the sicko. While I do agree the thread title & national attention is talking JoePa more heavily than the other admins who are just as liable, that's simply b/c the face people see is Joe's. I get your point, but it's similar to the QB being at fault for the loss and responsible for the win even thought that's rarely the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Yes it's true. Article is somewhere earlier in this thread. His hard drive was found in the water by his abandoned car. Very mafia like.
The disappearing DA was one thing that really weighed on my mind last night. The details of that will be very interesting to me. I can't understand how that can happen and not cause a huge media storm at the time and force a federal investigation. That really has pay-off / cover-up / cement shoes implications and it just . . . went away?

There are so many details involved that seem so clearly devious that it really does sound less like a "turn a blind eye" and more like a "diabolical crime boss" story.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Personally, I think Paterno will end up finishing the season. As weird as it may sound, Penn State is still operating as a business right? Well, the business decision to fire Paterno before season's end might bring good will across the country but the fact of the matter is, the target consumers of Penn State football would be OUTRAGED. Firing Paterno isn't going to cause a bunch of USC, Miami, Texas, and Oklahoma people to go out and buy Penn State gear. Firing Joe Paterno now would cause many Penn State people to STOP buying Penn State gear. Now if Joe steps down on his own, this is a completely different story as long as its clear that it was Joe's decision.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-09-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personally, I think Paterno will end up finishing the season. As weird as it may sound, Penn State is still operating as a business right? Well, the business decision to fire Paterno before season's end might bring good will across the country but the fact of the matter is, the target consumers of Penn State football would be OUTRAGED. Firing Paterno isn't going to cause a bunch of USC, Miami, Texas, and Oklahoma people to go out and buy Penn State gear. Firing Joe Paterno now would cause many Penn State people to STOP buying Penn State gear. Now if Joe steps down on his own, this is a completely different story as long as its clear that it was Joe's decision.
IDK, I'm pretty sure the implicit harboring of a serial pedo who set up a foundation to lure victims is what will cause sales to stop. Joe / no-Joe will have zero impact, I would hope.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Paterno full statement: STATE COLLEGE, Pa., Nov. 9, 2011 --

I am absolutely devastated by the developments in this case. I grieve for the children and their families, and I pray for their comfort and relief.

I have come to work every day for the last 61 years with one clear goal in mind: To serve the best interests of this university and the young men who have been entrusted to my care. I have the same goal today.

That's why I have decided to announce my retirement effective at the end of this season. At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute discussing my status. They have far more important matters to address. I want to make this as easy for them as I possibly can. This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more.

My goals now are to keep my commitments to my players and staff and finish the season with dignity and determination. And then I will spend the rest of my
life doing everything I can to help this University.

Basically JoePa is demanding the BoT to not fire him. The arrogance is amazing.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:01 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That statement didn't help him at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Nope.

"With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."

To me, that reads as "Had I known it would play out like this, I'd have stopped it."

Old 11-09-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
It doesn't matter what anyone says. National media will crucify him no matter what and the majority of people outside the Penn State world have already made the decision to follow suit with them and Paterno apologists (which is the majority of Nittany Nation) will continue to hold true that he did everything he was supposed to do and that he is wrongfully being the target despite at least three, arguably 4 or 5 other people that are clearly more at fault than him.

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2011...ive-lazy-media

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-09-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It doesn't matter what anyone says. National media will crucify him no matter what and the majority of people outside the Penn State world have already made the decision to follow suit with them and Paterno apologists (which is the majority of Nittany Nation) will continue to hold true that he did everything he was supposed to do and that he is wrongfully being the target despite at least three, arguably 4 or 5 other people that are clearly more at fault than him.

Who cares if other people are more at fault? There is plenty of fault to go around for a lot of people at Penn State and the other people haven't been in the spotlight for the last 45 years. That's the way the world works.

It's the same reasoning why OJ's murder case gets so much more coverage than Joe Smith who killed 4 people in the middle of no where.

Joe has plenty of blame for letting this go on. The excuse that other people have more blame isn't going to cut it.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why in the world does he think that he should be allowed to coach the final game??? Throw his ass on the curb now. Don't allow him to have his final curtain call, he doesn't deserve it. Penn State isn't about JoePA, this is about the students and everything that he represented. Letting him coach sends the wrong message. He should be fired or forced to resign immediately.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but his own "With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more" statement kind of implies he did not do everything that he was supposed to do. Not even in his own mind.

Last edited by WCH : 11-09-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but his own "With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more" statement kind of implies he did not do everything that he was supposed to do. Not even in his own mind.
That statement reads to me as "Although I did everything that I was legally bound to and was supposed to do, I wish I would have gone out of my way to do more." Hindsight is 20-20.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-09-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, its difficult to know what to do when confronted with child sodomy and deviant showering...definitely need hindsight's help on that one.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
yeah, its difficult to know what to do when confronted with child sodomy and deviant showering...definitely need hindsight's help on that one.
And telling the man who oversees university police doesn't qualify as telling the police.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-09-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:

I really do feel for PSU students & alumni, as this has to be incredibly difficult to sort through. But your own statement has the inescapable point within - "clearly more at fault" doesn't excuse JoePa's portion of that fault. Measuring levels of fault, in my opinion, is completely irrelevant. As I said in my first response in this thread there are at least a half dozen grown men who could have put an end to this over a decade ago and did not. They all acted shamefully and deserve to be called to task.

The media always warps the story to something that makes a more recognizable headline. The fact that the story is more about JoePa than the other POS administrators is clearly off-point. But that doesn't make JoePa a defensible character. As I stated in response to your other post, he's taking the brunt of it b/c he is the "Face of the Franchise" in this instance.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
And telling the man who oversees university police doesn't qualify as telling the police.
When the man who oversees university police is obviously not doing anything; then no, that's not enough.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry, I want to believe in JoePa's innocence also, but you are reaching here.

There is only one explanation for what happened.

They (including Joe) were afraid of the scandal and decided to not pursue it.

And no, it shouldn't be up to Joe on how he goes out. Not after this.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I'm sorry, I want to believe in JoePa's innocence also, but you are reaching here.

There is only one explanation for what happened.

They (including Joe) were afraid of the scandal and decided to not pursue it.

And no, it shouldn't be up to Joe on how he goes out. Not after this.
Is it reaching to not jump to conclusions on something when there is an alarming shortage of facts out there? If all the facts come out and it looks like Joe was ridiculously complicit in this coverup and that everything that the national media seems to KNOW is correct ends up being true, I'll be the first in line to own up but until the facts all come out and we get the whole story, I'm going to side with the guy that has 5 decades worth of evidence that he's done everything the right way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-09-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is it Joe Pa all day err day? Why is no one talking about the other 3? The two admins who knew and should have went to the police.

Yeah he didn't do enough, but he did go to his chain of command and let them know. If he wasn't the figure he is, than this would all be focused on the admins.