Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Will Aaron Rodgers compile the best season of all-time for a QB?
Yes 26 39.39%
No 40 60.61%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Let's not trash the good name of Alex Smith by bringing him up in an Aaron Rodgers thread.

But wait, every thread becomes an Aaron Rodgers thread...

My god...
Until Cam Newton comes into play.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Until Cam Newton comes into play.
Or Tim Tebow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
If he maintains this pace, then yes absolutely.

He is on target to break every record pretty much of note. His passer rating is just absurd right now.

Throw in his team is winning and have needed just about every point he has put up and that he is playing just about perfect for that position and it's a wrap.

I can say with absolute confidence that this is the best first half of a season ever by a QB.
You're kidding right? Everyone's passer rating is up significantly compared to like ten years ago.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:18 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think it's cool that 15, 20 years from now our kids will be asking how in the world Aaron Rodgers was able to throw for so many yards in a season, as the NFL will inevitably shift again in the opposite direction sometime in the coming decades.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I just think it's cool that 15, 20 years from now our kids will be asking how in the world Aaron Rodgers was able to throw for so many yards in a season, as the NFL will inevitably shift again in the opposite direction sometime in the coming decades.
I don't think so. A part of me thinks that a lot of the rule changes may be in attempt to deliberately favor the game more towards the offense so that more games have high scoring affairs, which will bring in more money and attention to the league. More excitement. Defensive games aren't recognized just as defensive players aren't recognized for their accomplishments as much as offensive players.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:57 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you're mistaken if you feel that it will be a pass only league forever. It may take a while, but it will switch again. As teams start adapting their defenses to combat the high surge in offense, eventually one bottom feeder without a franchise qb will say "**** this, these guys are fielding teams full of 200lb DBs, i'm gonna smash the ball down their throat". All of a sudden, the quick, pass rushing DEs that you absolutely need to create pressure against the pass will be dogshit against the run, and you see where this is going. Despite the rule changes, trends change. It will be like this for a while, but i do feel eventually it will go back to smashmouth football.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:37 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the new jesus View Post
Watch him play. What has he done wrong this season? Other than holding the ball a bit too much at times, this is as close to perfect QB play that we've seen. I think he has maybe 1 interception that wasn't off his receivers' hands?
Correct. 1 INT was right to Urlacher who made an impressive diving snatch at the ball. The other 2 were to open receivers who had them clank off their hands. Still not even sure the INT against Denver was even caught. Looked like the ball was trapped

but in any case, the accuracy he has displayed so far this year has been otherworldly. He isn't even getting close to throwing INT's.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:20 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let's not trash the good name of Alex Smith by bringing him up in an Aaron Rodgers thread.

My god...
To be fair this one was actually an Aaron Rogders thread to begin with...
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:29 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

07 Brady and 05 Manning were just pure class.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:05 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
You're kidding right? Everyone's passer rating is up significantly compared to like ten years ago.
Obviously stats are going to be higher now with rules being favorable towards offense, but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't be on pace to break records if he was playing in another era.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Obviously stats are going to be higher now with rules being favorable towards offense, but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't be on pace to break records if he was playing in another era.
It kind of does. Don't we currently have about 4 players on pace to break Marino's yardage record? When have we ever seen that before?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It kind of does. Don't we currently have about 4 players on pace to break Marino's yardage record? When have we ever seen that before?
No, it really doesn't. All passing records are going to be easier to reach due to the rule changes, so yeah people are getting closer. That has no impact on how players would do in the past. It does nothing to show that these talented players wouldn't be just as talented in the past.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, it really doesn't. All passing records are going to be easier to reach due to the rule changes, so yeah people are getting closer. That has no impact on how players would do in the past. It does nothing to show that these talented players wouldn't be just as talented in the past.
You're making my argument for me. If the NFL was being played or officiated like it was in 1984, do you think any of these players would be on pace to break Marino's record?

The amazing thing here is they are on pace but there is still a half a year left, and it's always easier to put up stats in the first half than the second. If anyone breaks Marino's record it will be Brees.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

And you're ignoring mine. I said that has no impact on how players would do in the past. You can't just say "well it was harder back then so they wouldn't be able to do it then". A lot has changed, schemes, the strength, size and speed of players, even the way you'd prepare for a game. There are too many variables to say such a thing.

Talent is talent, when you played isn't going to change that.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 11-09-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
And you're ignoring mine. I said that has no impact on how players would do in the past. You can't just say "well it was harder back then so they wouldn't be able to do it then". A lot has changed, schemes, the strength, size and speed of players, even the way you'd prepare for a game. There are too many variables to say such a thing.

That is true. If Rodgers or any of these other guys played in 1984, they wouldn't be any less talented, but their numbers wouldn't be as high. So if you had a Dan Marino still putting up numbers like today in 1984 wouldn't he be more talented?

I think it's just too early to even consider this the best season all time. Especially when Tom Brady threw 50 Tds only a few years ago.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That is true. If Rodgers or any of these other guys played in 1984, they wouldn't be any less talented, but their numbers wouldn't be as high. So if you had a Dan Marino still putting up numbers like today in 1984 wouldn't he be more talented?

I think it's just too early to even consider this the best season all time. Especially when Tom Brady threw 50 Tds only a few years ago.
For the record, I'm not saying any of these players would still be on the pace they are, but it's indeterminable if they would or wouldn't be. So if I had a crystal ball I'd tell you if he'd be putting up the same numbers.

As for best season, maybe statistically. If he leads them to another Super Bowl win, then maybe best season of all time. He has no running game and the pass defense is a bit soft, they do get turnovers though. You have to see the end results, too early to tell.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 11-09-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
DanZilla
Rookie

DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're making my argument for me. If the NFL was being played or officiated like it was in 1984, do you think any of these players would be on pace to break Marino's record?

The amazing thing here is they are on pace but there is still a half a year left, and it's always easier to put up stats in the first half than the second. If anyone breaks Marino's record it will be Brees.
I think Brees will the one to do it too. I also agree with the 2nd half being tougher than the first.

I wonder how Marino would do against the modern era athletes. DBs being 200 + pounds, even kickers can lay the smack down on return men nowadays. Pass rushers nowadays would have a field day if it were 1984. But then again everything I say is biased since I never saw football during that time.

Anyways, heres to an Alex Smith vs Aaron Rodgers superbowl!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZilla View Post
I think Brees will the one to do it too. I also agree with the 2nd half being tougher than the first.

I wonder how Marino would do against the modern era athletes. DBs being 200 + pounds, even kickers can lay the smack down on return men nowadays. Pass rushers nowadays would have a field day if it were 1984. But then again everything I say is biased since I never saw football during that time.

Anyways, heres to an Alex Smith vs Aaron Rodgers superbowl!
Have a little rethink there, you'll swiftly realise why that can never happen.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
DanZilla
Rookie

DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I know. Was to lazy to edit.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My god...

Deal with it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well that has to go both ways. Who's to say Marino or Montana wouldn't be tearing the NFL a brand hiney hole??

Or **** can you imagine Air Coryell in today's NFL?

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is his first 8 games (half season) the best half-season ever?
Yes I believe so, which can be illustrated here.

But he has only played 3 home games, and has 5 left (only 3 more road games), and the outdoor Wisconsin weather in November and December will affect him, and his receivers hands. At least a little. So the next 8 games are anyone's guess. Only God knows. And Vegas.

But what he HAS DONE for one-half of a season is astonishing.

NFL PASSER RATING LEADERS

10 Tony Romo 92.2
9 Ryan Fitzpatrick 92.3
8 Matt Schuab 92.6
7 Ben Roethlisberger 94.1
6 Alex Smith 97.3
5 Eli Manning 98.8
4 Matthew Stafford 99.1
3 Tom Brady 100.0
2 Drew Brees 100.6
1 Aaron Rodgers 129.1

Eight points separate #'s 2-10.
Rodgers is almost 29 points above the #2 guy.
And only 3 of his 8 games so far have been at home.

NFL Career Passer Rating Leaders

Rank Player (age), + - HOFer, Bold - Active Rate Years
1. Aaron Rodgers (27) 102.7 2005-2011
2. Steve Young+ 96.8 1985-1999
3. Tom Brady (33) 95.5 2000-2011
4. Philip Rivers (29) 95.4 2004-2011
5. Tony Romo (30) 95.1 2004-2011
6. Peyton Manning (34) 94.9 1998-2011
7. Kurt Warner 93.7 1998-2009
8. Ben Roethlisberger (28) 92.6 2004-2011
9. Drew Brees (31) 92.4 2001-2011
10. Joe Montana+ 92.3 1979-1994
11. Matt Schaub (29) 91.7 2004-2011
12. Chad Pennington (34) 90.1 2000-2010
13. Daunte Culpepper 87.8 1999-2009
14. Jeff Garcia 87.5 1999-2009
15. Otto Graham+ 86.6 1946-1955
16. Dan Marino+ 86.4 1983-1999
17. Carson Palmer (31) 86.3 2004-2011
Matt Ryan (25) 86.3 2008-2011
19. Brett Favre 86.0 1991-2010
Trent Green 86.0 1997-2008
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
FALSE.
As I just showed, there are only 3 QB's currently with passer ratings of 100 so far, and it tends to drop more the 2nd half of the season.

The yards are up all over the place because they throw more, but performances overall are not up everywhere at QB.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
FALSE.
As I just showed, there are only 3 QB's currently with passer ratings of 100 so far, and it tends to drop more the 2nd half of the season.

The yards are up all over the place because they throw more, but performances overall are not up everywhere at QB.
In 2002, there was 1 QB with a 100+ passer rating and only 4 total 90 or above.
2003, 1 100 or better, 5 90 or above.
2004 saw 4 100 or better, 7 90 or above
2005 saw 2 100 or better, 6 90 or above
2006 1 100+, 7 90+
2007 3 100+, 5 90+

2002, you saw only 4 QB's throw for 4,000 yards or more.
This year, 14 QB's I believe are on pace for 4,000 yards.

It used to be a fantasy, wet dream to even have a QB rating in the 90's. Now that is the mark you want your QB at, and 100 is for the Pro Bowler.

Going back to projecting stats, at one time last year Kyle Orton was on pace for 5,000 yards passing, 30 TD's I believe so don't get too gung ho about stats.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
FALSE.

All of them are in the peak of their career. Passer ratings go up and then down. The average of a career is lower than the peak, usually significantly.

That said, Aaron Rodgers is still totally awesome.