Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-16-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Battlemage is the way to go with magic, especially with the finishing animations. Just knock their health down with spells, then one hit finishers.

I just wish I was better against War Hammer guys and Ice Mages. I normally have to "cheat" and just poison my blade and shout-run as fast as I can towards those guys.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I will do that next game. But right now Mage is more fun, especially once you get master level spells. I have leveled up in 2 areas, and I can conjure THRALLs that stay with me forever until killed I guess. So I can summon 2 of those, and then fight. I am pretty tough now, except for when they charge at me, and then I run like a girl, and heal and then have to use a unrelenting force shout and send people flying.

I need to level up in more areas though before I really hit the quests hard.
The game level scales, (Though not to the same insane degree Oblivion did) so leveling up only really helps to boost your perks.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to up my magic but I'm too far and it's way too weak currently that it's near impossible. Trolls are weak to fire but my spells seem to do nothing against them.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
The game level scales, (Though not to the same insane degree Oblivion did) so leveling up only really helps to boost your perks.
Well more magica I mean. This way, I don't run out for big spells. Also, more perks is good. I am collecting them before using them on some of the other spells.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I want to up my magic but I'm too far and it's way too weak currently that it's near impossible. Trolls are weak to fire but my spells seem to do nothing against them.
Yeah it's very hard early on if you are playing pure mage. Freaking animals can kill you with one shot. I run away from a cave bear only to run into tigers, or trolls! LOL.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah it's very hard early on if you are playing pure mage. Freaking animals can kill you with one shot. I run away from a cave bear only to run into tigers, or trolls! LOL.
I'm pretty far along. I think I'm level 33 or 34 overall. But I'm only now attempting to do anything with magic. So I guess my enemies have just scaled up in levels with me and I've kind of just left my magic go lame. I've mainly focused on smithing (dragonscale armor FTW), archery, sneak, and one handed.

The animals don't level up with you at least.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Levitation having been removed also hurts Mages...back in the day, if there was a tough enemy, you could just fly up so it couldn't hit you and rain fire down upon it.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm pretty far along. I think I'm level 33 or 34 overall. But I'm only now attempting to do anything with magic. So I guess my enemies have just scaled up in levels with me and I've kind of just left my magic go lame. I've mainly focused on smithing (dragonscale armor FTW), archery, sneak, and one handed.

The animals don't level up with you at least.
Are you playing as a pure Mage though? Because if you are then your perks are used in wrong places. So I am guessing you're not a pure Mage then?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Levitation having been removed also hurts Mages...back in the day, if there was a tough enemy, you could just fly up so it couldn't hit you and rain fire down upon it.
The old magic system was MUCH better. Custom make spells, and more of them like mute, silence, burden, packmule, unlock spells were great!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Are you playing as a pure Mage though? Because if you are then your perks are used in wrong places. So I am guessing you're not a pure Mage then?
No I'm mainly a sneaky archer. But I wanted to up my magic a little to get some attacks from distance without being super slow and prone to damage when having a bow drawn. Too many dungeons and rooms with nowhere to hide.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
The old magic system was MUCH better. Custom make spells, and more of them like mute, silence, burden, packmule, unlock spells were great!
And the old Morrowind enchanting system....they recharge themselves over time. Made them far more useful so you weren't so cluttered with soul gems and spare weapons.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
No I'm mainly a sneaky archer. But I wanted to up my magic a little to get some attacks from distance without being super slow and prone to damage when having a bow drawn. Too many dungeons and rooms with nowhere to hide.
Which school of magic? I know some tricks that can help you. What area are you trying to level up?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Which school of magic? I know some tricks that can help you. What area are you trying to level up?
Mainly destruction.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Mainly destruction.
Oh well that takes a long time. You'd basically have to stop using archery and go find animals and bandits and just use destruction.

I thought the other schools you were trying as well. There are ways to level that up faster. Restoration and Destruction are the slowest.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
And the old Morrowind enchanting system....they recharge themselves over time. Made them far more useful so you weren't so cluttered with soul gems and spare weapons.
I don't mind the soul gems. Just get Azura star and that helps a lot. That's what I do, but just the magic spells part itself for this game is average.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if this has been posted here or not, but...

Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't use any magic. I just slice, dice and fire breath fools. Only two categories I have leveled up since the beginning are my one handed and two handed weapon skill.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:16 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Not sure if this has been posted here or not, but...

that was amazing!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:42 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That video was so gooooood.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

That....was...amazing...
Old 12-17-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

HAHA Great video ever! Beat everything and everyone up!
Old 12-17-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lmao, "rape his ass if you want to, if you are a *** rapist".

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I'm so going to do that eventually.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indeed. It must be done.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just rented it for 360. Any advice for a newb?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote