Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-16-2012, 01:24 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only quest that has messed up for me is the Waking Nightmare Daedric quest in Dawnstar. I followed the priest into the tower, but he disappeared. I went in, looked around for a way to trigger a secret door or something, but I couldn't figure anything out and just moved on. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that it had fraculated on me, so instead of reloading a save, I kept playing. By the time I realized what I did, I not only was too far advanced but I'm not sure if I even had a save from that far back.

Supposedly, there's an off chance that the priest will reappear in the inn after a certain amount of time, but so far no luck. But I'm pretty sure that Daedric artifact is pretty meh anyway.

The House of Horrors quest also bugged. I went in with the dude, and he just stood at the doorway and never responded. Fortunately, I realized it and loaded the previous save. Tried again, it worked fine, and I got me mah Daedric weapon!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It took me forever to find the priest in the House of Horrors quest.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aman the house of horrors thing, didn't work for me. The priest wasn't in the tent, instead it was a giant spider. But I did find the pieces to some broken old sword.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wabbajack is my favourite Daedric weapon so far. I love when it does something cool like turn a guy into a chicken. I was fighting a dragon once, and using Wabbajack, and somehow I birthed a stray dog, that is now my companion. He's a badass dog, too, he helped me kill a giant.

He waited for you, Dovahkiin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Wabbajack, but haven't used it that much. I like the other one that brings up spawns to help you out. Sometimes it turns into like 10 vs 1, so I spawn 2 guys and then we go to town on them.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
I can't even activate the Hjerim quest. So pissed.
I have like 4 misc quests which ask me to find people who are not in Skyrim, or so it feels.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Skull of Corruption is actually decent if you steal enough dreams. You can just use it like a magic machine gun.

Still nothing like back in Morrowind when you enchant an exquisite ring with 1-100 points of fire, ice, shock and poison damage. You just go around beam spamming anything that moves and win.

...until you run into something using reflect. Then YOU die.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
...until you run into something using reflect. Then YOU die.
But...Reflect only works against physical damage. They should use Light Screen instead.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
But...Reflect only works against physical damage. They should use Light Screen instead.
Brick Break!
Old 02-16-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Old 02-16-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I am not the Dragonborn you are looking for

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Old 02-16-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I accidentally killed my dog :'(

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-16-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I accidentally killed my dog :'(
Continue judicious use of the Wabbajack.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I accidentally killed a few stormcloacks in the crown quest...wtf do they have to blend in with the enemy?

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I accidentally killed a few stormcloacks in the crown quest...wtf do they have to blend in with the enemy?
I've killed a lot of followers this way. I gave Sven a nice suit of plate armour, and then cut him down on the walls of Fort Dunstad. The Khaajit guy who is impossible to run into again, I gave him some dragonbone armor and then Fus Ro Dah'ed him to death. I killed a ton of imperials, too, even though I was on their side.

And my dog, I didn't actually kill him with Wabbajack. First time, it was Ice spikes. Then I reloaded, because I had just walked into pinewatch and killed my dog while fighting that first bandit. So after my reload, my Fus Ro Dah does him in. :(

Also one thing I don't like about Wabbajack, the transformations aren't permanent. I wish I could turn someone into a chicken and not have them trying to kill me 10 seconds later.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-16-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, now that I've got Windows installed on here, I think I'm gonna give this a spin.

Anybody recommend paying Morrowind or The Elder Scrolls first? I'm new to this series (have played Fallout, though).
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I have my badass Khajit Mage up to level 9 now. Unfortunately I'm in Mzult searching for the Staff of Magnus and the Dwemer lackeys are killing me. Does anyone know of a more effective way to fight annoying things like that as a Mage? I probably shouldn't have done the College of Winterhold immediately following the first Dragon battle.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
Alright, now that I've got Windows installed on here, I think I'm gonna give this a spin.

Anybody recommend paying Morrowind or The Elder Scrolls first? I'm new to this series (have played Fallout, though).
You could read some wikis to get an idea of what's going on in the game's universe, but you don't need to play them to enjoy Skyrim. I didn't.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Yeah, as far as I know, Skyrim takes place a couple hundred years after Oblivion. There are passing references to the Oblivion Crisis, and apparently some little easter eggs for people who have played out the series, but nothing major is missed from not playing the previous games.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-17-2012, 05:00 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, the games are fairly independent from one another. Not quite to the same extent as Final Fantasy or something like that, but you can play one without the others and be just fine.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:42 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
So I have my badass Khajit Mage up to level 9 now. Unfortunately I'm in Mzult searching for the Staff of Magnus and the Dwemer lackeys are killing me. Does anyone know of a more effective way to fight annoying things like that as a Mage? I probably shouldn't have done the College of Winterhold immediately following the first Dragon battle.
Yeah, you might want to just leave that for now and go do other stuff. Without much armor it is pretty easy to die. And if you're only complaining about the dwemer stuff then you haven't even gotten to the hard part of that place, the Falmer are way worse.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
I pussed out with my mage and wore armor until level 15 or so. I just made sure that my alteration was increasing & when i learned stone flesh, things were high enough to protect you from many enemies.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the College of Winterhold stuff still fun to do if you have zero skill in magic? Im level 39 and all my magic ratings are still 15 except restoration which is still fairly low.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can also have a follower with some badass armor to act as a tank for you. I have the Solitude executioner Ahtar, he does a good job absorbing damage while I sit back and shoot lightning and fire at the bad guys.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote