Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-17-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It requires basically no magical skill. They teach you any spells required to cast throughout the quests and all are beginner stuff.

So play through it even if you aren't a mage.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Is the College of Winterhold stuff still fun to do if you have zero skill in magic? Im level 39 and all my magic ratings are still 15 except restoration which is still fairly low.
You would probably do fine with it but I would not personally find it fun. You would probably just have to hack your way through the quests and deal with the awkward juxtaposition of the NPCs treating you like this up-and-coming mage even though you clearly suck at magic.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its worth it becoming a mage. Adding in some ranged fireball attacks does wonders to anyone's overall skills. It pretty much makes a melee heavy character a God unless they run into the warhammer of 1hit kills and frost mages. Plus there are tons of spots in the game that scream out fireballs because of random flammable stuff on the ground.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Its worth it becoming a mage. Adding in some ranged fireball attacks does wonders to anyone's overall skills. It pretty much makes a melee heavy character a God unless they run into the warhammer of 1hit kills and frost mages. Plus there are tons of spots in the game that scream out fireballs because of random flammable stuff on the ground.
Ugh...Krev the Skinner gave me my first 'legitimate' death of the game. (Meaning not screwing around or dying accidentally by stupidity.)

I had a few close calls when enemies ganged up on me, but for the most part, I could one shot kill most things with my bow while sneaking. I hit him with an arrow...and it did like 1/8 of his overall health in damage.

I'm like, alright...so he'll be a little tougher. His goons went for Aela while I backed up to shoot my bow some more but he came right for me. I went to switch to my melee weapon but he took my head off in one swing.

I still hate that guy...
Old 02-17-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I pussed out with my mage and wore armor until level 15 or so. I just made sure that my alteration was increasing & when i learned stone flesh, things were high enough to protect you from many enemies.
I have a bad ass suit of dragon armor that I enchant to make it regenerate magicka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Ugh...Krev the Skinner gave me my first 'legitimate' death of the game. (Meaning not screwing around or dying accidentally by stupidity.)

I had a few close calls when enemies ganged up on me, but for the most part, I could one shot kill most things with my bow while sneaking. I hit him with an arrow...and it did like 1/8 of his overall health in damage.

I'm like, alright...so he'll be a little tougher. His goons went for Aela while I backed up to shoot my bow some more but he came right for me. I went to switch to my melee weapon but he took my head off in one swing.

I still hate that guy...
He's the guy who

right? I hated him. I would go to smash him with my hammer and he'd just shield bash me, over and over. I finally killed him when I decided to Fus Ro Dah his ass and then beat him while he got up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i went beast mode on that dude...the second time. Also i 'm not playing the hardest difficulty.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poison is an archer's best friend with enemies like that.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To balance the game for myself, I get into the role of whatever faction quest line I'm doing. With the Thieves Guild, I put all my armor and weapons away and started fresh playing as a thief. Makes the game more enjoyable and a bit more challenging from my personal experience.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
To balance the game for myself, I get into the role of whatever faction quest line I'm doing. With the Thieves Guild, I put all my armor and weapons away and started fresh playing as a thief. Makes the game more enjoyable and a bit more challenging from my personal experience.
I would do the same, however with the enemies scaling up with level as you do, I'd be a sitting duck as a level 39 players with all the mage skills down still at the starting point.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to have to raise my conjuring skills. I just went back over Krev's wiki entry and they recommend using dead thrall on him because of his one hit decapitations. I haven't spent much time messing with conjuring. Supposed to be able to keep up to level 40s guys with you until they die again. Apparently they can be raised again after death and can act as a merc by carrying loot and swapping equipment. No more paying for Marcurio.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I would do the same, however with the enemies scaling up with level as you do, I'd be a sitting duck as a level 39 players with all the mage skills down still at the starting point.
Yeah, that is actually pretty fun when level scaling isn't an issue. But if you suddenly try to reinvent your character with a new role at a high level, everything will be too powerful for you.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my god! I'm doing the Elder Scroll quest...most tedious mission ever!

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Blackreach is the most awesome location in the game though.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks sweet. Too bad I'm pretty sure I'll never be back haha. I've been doing this mission for two hours.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 02-18-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spartan Imperial helmet > every other helmet. Love it. Live it. Wear it. Jordis the Sword-Spartan, more like it. Modders need to add in a "THIS IS SKYRIM!" voiceover whenever people wear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
It looks sweet. Too bad I'm pretty sure I'll never be back haha. I've been doing this mission for two hours.
You'll be right back there after you return to Septimus and see what you have to do next. :)

And if you're like me, you'll soon be murdering some poor Bosmer hunter in the middle of the woods. Just cause, how often do you run into a villainous wood elf?

Dark times...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

I was so excited about getting the scroll, I bailed and forgot to inscribe the lexicon. Is there an easier way to access Blackreach now?

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 02-18-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
I was so excited about getting the scroll, I bailed and forgot to inscribe the lexicon. Is there an easier way to access Blackreach now?
There are a handful of lifts around the mountain range south of Dawnstar. The Great Lift at Mzinchaleft is a fast-travel accessable one, and is located just south of Mzinchaleft.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-18-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

If you want the lift directly to the room where you inscribe the lexicon, then take the Tower of Mzark.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just discovered how stupidly easy it is to level up Alteration if you have the Telekinesis power. Just pick up something and hold it for a while, throw it when you're about to run out of the blue stuff, wait for it to re-fill, and repeat the process. I have a fair bit of magicka and my bar re-fills really fast so that might not be the way to go for everybody.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-27-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I didn't even realize telekinesis was back in Skyrim, ha. Shows you how much I paid attention to magic.

Telekinesis is part of my trick to land most of a suit of glass armor and the Sword of White Woe (an enchanted ebony broadsword) at level 1 in Morrowind. When everyone is ready for me to shut up about Morrowind, just let me know. God I love that game....
Old 02-27-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Woah, woah, woah...we can use telekinesis?

And somehow, last night I deleted a few hours worth of saves for my Breton character. No clue how I did it. I'm 100% positive I didn't erase it, and when I switched to my awesome Nord character, I went to save and while making sure not to save over the Breton's file, I saw an autosave (and I have it set for off, so...) for my Nord where the Breton's file was supposed to be. :/

Kinda bummed, but it was glitching really bad for me anyway. I cleared Redoran's Retreat for the Jarl's bounty, then joined the Companions, and then Farkas sends me to clear out Redoran's Retreat again. So I do, and on my way back, the quest just ceases before I get to Farkas. I didn't fail it, and no notifications popped up. It's just there in my completed/failed list of quests with "Return to Farkas" still unchecked while the heading reads as if I completed the quest. Then I talk to Farkas again, and he sends me on a different quest, and I'd shoot an arrow, it'd hit the target, but the damage wouldn't calculate for a few seconds, allowing the target to hit me. Weird.

So maybe it's for the best. At this point, I'm just needing a challenge. I've switched from Heavy Armor to Light Armor (with absolutely 0 perks invested in it) on my Nord at Lvl. 50-something, and still my greatest enemy is a high cliff. All that's left is to go from Expert to Master, so I'll be doing that soon I suppose.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Easy conjuration level up spamming: cast Soul Trap on a dead body over and over.

I get the feeling that people are not playing this as much anymore though. Hopefully when Bethesda releases some new content or when/if they get community mods to work on consoles people will get excited about it again. I am still enjoying the game myself.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-28-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I burned 130 hours on 3 characters until I ran out of stuff to do....it IS in fact possible.