Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-13-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Robbie Rouse, RB, Fresno State

What do you guys think of him? He is quickly becoming one of my favorite running backs out there. He reminds me a lot of Ray Rice. He is short but doesn't go down easily and is a good threat receiving the ball as well.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played against him in a scrimmage in HS a couple years in a row IIRC. But the dude is freakishly talented. Ever since i saw him run over 3 of our players on the same play for how small he is, i thought he was gonna be special. Needs to add a LOT of weight still if he's gonna be that "ray rice" type back, he's only 185.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:47 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that he needs to add a lot of weight but he is really durable for his size. He has had over 200 rushes last year and already has like 230 this year. I watched him play on Saturday and he routinely did not go down with one defender on him. Right now he is probably more along the lines of a Darren Sproles type back but he has the talent to get up to be like Ray Rice as long as he can gain some weight like you said.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really like the Ray Rice comp. Moves and cuts like him too.

How much would "ALOT" of weight be to you? Ray Rice was only 199 at the combine. But he's listed at 212 right now. Of course, playing at a heavier weight, his long speed isn't there anymore.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch these nasty cuts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBRh0IA7twc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h39vXmMSKto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk1jAWulZbs
Old 02-11-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More like bigger Dexter McCluster. Runs more like a running back and less like a fast child.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:42 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

Old 12-19-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really thinking that this is the best back in this class (top 3 at the very least).

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he will find a nice role as a 3rd down back, especially early in his career. He seems actually pretty good in pass pro and has nice hands. I don't know if I would say he is shifty, he makes some nice cuts before the line of scrimmage but I would like to see him make more second level defenders miss. I think he's a solid 3-4 round guy. I also didn't see that extra gear needed to get to the outside

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
I'm really thinking that this is the best back in this class (top 3 at the very least).
As am I. Build and running style remind me a ton of Brian Westbrook..
Old 12-19-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

I love him, but I see more Dion Lewis/Danny Woodhead type.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno....Rouse is built pretty thick and runs with some power. Big legs, too.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kinda reminds me of lesean mccoy. on the right team he could definitely be more than a 3rd down back.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 12-19-2012 at 05:15 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
ConnSKINS26
Rookie

ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Rouse, but he looks thinner than Ray Rice to me, doesn't seem to run as low to the ground as his squat frame would suggest. Or my eyes are playing tricks on me big time. Gonna watch some more.

Last edited by ConnSKINS26 : 12-19-2012 at 09:58 PM.
ConnSKINS26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

to be fair, ray rice was like 190-195 at Rutgers.

i like rouse, the rice comparisons are ok but he's not as good, obviously.

he's also no jawan jamison.

but srsly, ray rice is the best. he can be poor man ray rice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
he's also no jawan jamison.
true, he's better.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
true, he's better.
if JJ declares, he'll be the best back from this class. Book it.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
if JJ declares, he'll be the best back from this class. Book it.
Does that include the players who better athletes that are better at playing running back?

Sorry for the sass but you're doing it again.

Last edited by TACKLE : 12-20-2012 at 12:02 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Does that include the players who better athletes that are better at playing running back?

Sorry for the sass but I you're doing it again.

i'm sorry, what were you saying?
Quote:
Old 12-20-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
dmoneyrockin
Rookie

dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rouse is too small, and misses too many holes to have a lot of success at the NFL level. Ray Rice comps are outlandish. Rouse is about 5'6 180 to Rice's 5'9 215~ 205 coming out and much better long speed.
dmoneyrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

Rice was 206 his final year at Rutgers and trimmed down to 199 for the combine.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/in...peed_at_t.html

Quote:
Rice attributed the extra speed to his slimming down from 206 pounds to 199 while training at the Parisi Speed School in Fair Lawn.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:01 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

I like Jamison too, but he's not Rice either. Closer to Brian Westbrook than Rouse is, though.

You guys want the real next Ray Rice, it's Branden Oliver.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:37 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Let's be real, there is no next ray rice. But rice was small his soph year. Not even 200 lbs.

Jj isn't the next rice either, I just like pimping him
Quote:
Old 12-20-2012, 07:29 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let's be real, there is no next ray rice. But rice was small his soph year. Not even 200 lbs.

Jj isn't the next rice either, I just like pimping him
I really hope JJ stays, I don't know if I have tons of faith in Savon anymore.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why no love for Zac Stacy? Seems like he's less than an afterthought around here. I really, really like him in that you-know-who mold.