Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-25-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6027 is 6 foot 2 inches and 7/8ths.

Give the man his eighth of an inch!!
Old 02-25-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6'3" 216 lbs.

Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Not to split hairs, but he's closer to 6'2 1/2 than he is 6'3. Regardless of my nitpickyness, i just see the numbers 602_ and it really doesn't matter how close that last number is to a 9, it doesn't come across as a "big" receiver to me.
That means your brain doesn't work correctly. Also, 7 is the highest it goes.

Quote:
Just an above average one. If you're right about his playing weight then he has an upper hand getting off the line. Now if he sucks in the vertical, like less than 37", THEN his height advantage really gets reduced. I think he can jump, though.
Splitting hairs is precisely what you're doing. He's much closer to 6'3 than 6'2", and will be listed as such. Any other receiver you think is "big" because he has a 3 after the 6 on his nfl.com page is just as likely to be "actually" only 6'2" in your eyes. And... what? Jumping less than 37" inches is now "sucking" at the vertical? Like numbers much?

Last edited by Caulibflower : 02-25-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
arizona_cards_11
Rookie

arizona_cards_11 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Ehh, I don't see him falling out of round 1. If he gets his fat *** into shape, and runs a 4.5, I think he'll be a top 8-12 pick, maybe higher. His upside is better than Blackmon, who I think is a number 2 WR at the NFL level. Plus, jeffery doesn't have the best QB situation right now and with Lattimore out for the season, he's the only guy defenses have to worry about.

WR Comparisons in my book:

Jeffery: if he gets into shape, could be Brandon Marshall. If not, he'll be a couch potato like USC's Mike Williams.

Blackmon: Anquan Bolden- may never be a true number 1 dominate WR, but if he's in the right offense and with a good Wr opposite of him, he'll be very successful.

Floyd: Larry Fitzgerald: He just has great hands, can dominate CBs with his strenghth, leaping ability to be a huge redzone threat. My opinion, best WR in this draft.
I have to disagree.....Boldin was a terrific #1 receiver while he had the opportunity. People forget that in his Rookie season he had ~1400yds receiving coming from Jeff Blake with virtually no other talent on the team. I do see Blackmon as a sort of Boldin-like receiver without the "bowling ball" ability and moves.

Floyd is the most Fitzgerald-like in this years draft.....although, I'm not sure any receiver can match his hands and body control.
arizona_cards_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona_cards_11 View Post
I have to disagree.....Boldin was a terrific #1 receiver while he had the opportunity. People forget that in his Rookie season he had ~1400yds receiving coming from Jeff Blake with virtually no other talent on the team. I do see Blackmon as a sort of Boldin-like receiver without the "bowling ball" ability and moves.

Floyd is the most Fitzgerald-like in this years draft.....although, I'm not sure any receiver can match his hands and body control.
Blackmon isn't a bowling ball but he'll take his share of guys down.

There's something about Michael Floyd that makes me say "but" after "he's loaded with talent." More Braylon Edwards than Fitzgerald to me...I'm sticking with Blackmon.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bump for future validation
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still dont think he'll fall out of the 1st.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I'll see your newfound 'work ethic' for Alshon Jeffery because he lost almost 20# before the combine and I'll raise you the best set of man bewbs to ever grace Tuscaloosa...

Losing weight before the combine doesn't represent a good work ethic.
Being in peak condition for your position is a sign of a player's work ethic.
lost in this post is the fact that Cody is actually one of the league's better young nose tackles. Sorry he's not winning any beauty contests.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man those man boobies are just fugly .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alshon weighed in at 213. Vertical 36.5 Standing Broad Jump 10'2"
No word on forty time yet. Guessing 4.5 based on above info.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guy named Hunter Wise tweeted he ran a 4.52 forty and a 4.16 shuttle on SC Pro Day Site. Don't shoot the messenger.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
Alshon weighed in at 213. Vertical 36.5 Standing Broad Jump 10'2"
No word on forty time yet. Guessing 4.5 based on above info.
Hearing unofficially 4.38 on his first attempt.
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STsACE View Post

If he's under 4.5, he's a Top 20 pick. Kevin Weidl ESPN tweeted that 4.38 He said his second was 4.47.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Mike Williams 3.0?
Old 03-28-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Big Mike Williams 3.0?
How so? did Mike Williams run a 4.3/4.4?
Old 03-28-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
casman02
Rookie

casman02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STsACE View Post
I read that was off and the first was like a 4.54. 2nd was a 4.47 with a stumble
casman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by casman02 View Post
I read that was off and the first was like a 4.54. 2nd was a 4.47 with a stumble
They avg. the two out at the combine. So, It's 4.505
I believe that elevates his status. I can't get that Alabama
game out of my head from 2010. He was fantastic against
some great players. His qb sucked this year. Not his fault.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come to Baltimore Alshon. It's where you belong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
They avg. the two out at the combine. So, It's 4.505
I believe that elevates his status. I can't get that Alabama
game out of my head from 2010. He was fantastic against
some great players. His qb sucked this year. Not his fault.
Good points.

I've been critical of Alshon, but he did continue to improve his conditioning since combine and ran a pretty good 40. I gotta say he's definately got a chance of landing in 1st round after today. Definately moves him into top 5 WR.

No particular order:
Blackmon
Floyd
Wright
Hill
Jeffery

With the rookie cap, I think small chance all 5 could go in 1st round.
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a hard time believing he is going to keep the weight off. Yeah right now he is motivated to get drafted as high as possible, everyone loves money. Later when he is in his contract year same thing, if he last that long.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I have a hard time believing he is going to keep the weight off. Yeah right now he is motivated to get drafted as high as possible, everyone loves money. Later when he is in his contract year same thing, if he last that long.

He played bigger for one season. He said it was a mistake. I really don't see the big deal, so many of us are ready to label our next Mike Williams. And if that picture never came out no one would even be discussing it.

He's the most talented receiver in the draft.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

[quote=holt_bruce81;2924795]He played bigger for one season. He said it was a mistake. I really don't see the big deal, so many of us are ready to label our next Mike Williams. And if that picture never came out no one would even be discussing it.

He's the most talented receiver in the draft.[/QUOTE]

So he will go top 5?

etter than blackmon
Old 03-28-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He didn't say he's better, he said he's more talented. It's a very viable argument. Jeffery is bigger and equally (If not more) naturally athletic. He's not as violent as Blackmon is, but you can make the argument that he's more talented. Absolutely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

dont you draft based on potential most talented coached up right = wins
Old 03-28-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 5? No. But I do think both Jeffery and Floyd are more talented than Blackmon, but blackmon is the safest pick among the big three. I've been saying for months now that Blackmon is Michael Crabtree, a low no. 1/high no. 2. Where as the other two have a legit chance to be a dominant #1.

If either of em fall below 20, its a steal.