View Poll Results: What side?
Galactic Republic 12 37.50%
Sith Empire 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You aren't forced to live in Australia! Screw you! :D

Also, the crafting and gathering system is different, but I love it. You can send companions off to gather materials on their own, or you can gather them while you're adventuring. You don't do any of the item crafting yourself.. your companions do it all.

It's kind of cool when you're in a flashpoint or operation, you can still be collecting materials.
If you insult Australia again we are so over!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
If you insult Australia again we are so over!
You can never leave me. You know it.

And they said in July/August that there would be a grace period for TOR customers who purchased a retail box, but now they're saying that there won't be?

That better be fixed. I'm pissed right now.

edit: Stephen Reid confirmed that there would be no grace period. This is flat out ******* ridiculous. I shell out the money for a CE box and I get ****** over like this? EA gives Mythic a grace period for Warhammer, but not TOR? This makes zero ******* sense. ESPECIALLY since the game is shipping 5 days before Christmas.. what the **** are they thinking?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 12-07-2011 at 08:01 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought the special edition was a load of crap, but yeah this seems like ******** to me.

I still <3 you though vidae.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It won't. It says estimated delivery December 22nd, which is two days after the Early Access ends. I hope they let Amazon ship it earlier or something cuz that'd be lame.
In the past with other games Amazon has been known to ship it early so that it shows up on release day. I know people that did that with other video games. Can't entirely blame them for that, need some way to prove you actually paid for the rest of the game haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
In the past with other games Amazon has been known to ship it early so that it shows up on release day. I know people that did that with other video games. Can't entirely blame them for that, need some way to prove you actually paid for the rest of the game haha
You can when it was stated in a forum post and by the community manager that there would be a grace period, so don't worry about where you preorder it from.. only to learn today that there is no grace period.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm confused, what is the whole grace period thing?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The grace period is a pre-determined amount of time (2 days to 5 days, usually) where you can play the game while you wait for your physical copy.

Most MMOs will give out grace periods for those that purchase physical copies of the game. The ones who order a digital version of a game don't need this grace period because they don't receive a physical copy. For those of us that preordered the Collectors Edition, there was no digital version, so we had no choice.

The problem is, without a grace period, we have no idea when we'll be getting our physical copies with the CD keys needed to play the game. It's compounded by the fact that they decided to release the game 5 days before Christmas, which is a horrible time for shipping anything.

The worst part, for me, is that my estimated delivery date (even though I've picked and am paying for the overnight option via Amazon) is now January 8th to the 13th. Hardly overnight, and hardly worth the extra money I was paying.

They're basically screwing over people who are either a) redzoners, which includes Australia and some of the UK and b) who shelled out even more money for the CE.

Last edited by vidae : 12-07-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: wording/structure
Old 12-07-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, all makes sense to me now :)

That sucks I will add!

Redzoners... makes us sound cool, even though it's not!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If I had to wait until the 21st or 22nd I'd still be kind of pissed, because we were promised a grace period, but I'd get over it. One or two days isn't a big deal.

But almost an entire ******* month? That is just ridiculous.

edit: Just read this and it's accurate and hilariously bad:

1. Sign up in 2008.

2. Pre-order a CE or retail box the minute you get the email on 7/21

3. Miss Opening Day for SWTOR on 12/20 because you just got screwed.

Last edited by vidae : 12-07-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Old 12-08-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GET PUMPEDDDDD

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I'm a redzoner :D

Old 12-08-2011, 07:22 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can when it was stated in a forum post and by the community manager that there would be a grace period, so don't worry about where you preorder it from.. only to learn today that there is no grace period.
Ahh ok, yea I didn't pay close enough attention to that and missed it. That blows : (

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am downloading the client on my work computer lmao... hopefully it can run it.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep forgetting to check if I need to redownload when I'm home :(
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

So Bioware and EA can both lick my scrotum. They haven't done anything about this situation in the three days they've known about it and roughly 350,000+ people are going to be screwed over.

Ugh. All this excitement for all this letdown. Sad times.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Welcome to my world.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, I suppose, but at least you expect it being from Australia. It isn't fair, at all, but this didn't blindside you less than a week before release.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I suppose, but at least you expect it being from Australia. It isn't fair, at all, but this didn't blindside you less than a week before release.
I was excited when they announced the games 'global' release! :(

Old 12-09-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

**** EA in general. They are like the worst thing in gaming, if they didn't exist the gaming industry would be so much better!

I heart Bioware and will have no bad word said about them :)

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
**** EA in general. They are like the worst thing in gaming, if they didn't exist the gaming industry would be so much better!

I heart Bioware and will have no bad word said about them :)
I would imagine EA is mostly to blame for the situation Vidae and others are in.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So Bioware and EA can both lick my scrotum. They haven't done anything about this situation in the three days they've known about it and roughly 350,000+ people are going to be screwed over.

Ugh. All this excitement for all this letdown. Sad times.
EA always ***** over MMOs. This is nothing to have emotions about anymore. It's just something that is.

I'd probably still be playing UO if it weren't for EA.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I would imagine EA is completely to blame for the situation Vidae and others are in.
Fixed that for you my good man.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SWTOR via Facebook

Quote:
Eager to find out what server your Guild will be placed on? Your Guild HQ update is coming on Monday!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

So I logged on to Amazon to check and see if my shipping date has changed, and my pre-order of TOR is gone. I'm talking to a live rep right now and they're claiming it was canceled. Obviously I didn't cancel it so this **** is just getting more and more annoying.

fml.