Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: What side?
Galactic Republic 12 37.50%
Sith Empire 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Game's pretty fun so far. I'm up to about 15. I just started a 9-day vacation, so ****'s about to get real.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got to space missions, actually found them surprisingly fun. Wish you had a bit more control over your ship though.

I'm pretty much done playing till next Monday unfortunately. Unless I somehow install it on a VM and connect using my work computer.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Finally got to space missions, actually found them surprisingly fun. Wish you had a bit more control over your ship though.

I'm pretty much done playing till next Monday unfortunately. Unless I somehow install in on a VM and connect using my work computer.
I agree they are a great change of pace and do provide a pretty decent about of EXP for how long it takes... I hope at one point they give the ability to do full out dog fights like the old Rogue Squadron games.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1215253p1.html

Quote:
So what if you've already made a home on one of these servers and don't want to wait? Here's the explanation and incoming resolution from Stephen Reid, the Senior Online Community Manager: "At this time we can only ask for your patience. Population caps are being gradually raised on these servers, but raising them too fast will create an influx of new players and perpetuate the problem. We do not expect the queues to alleviate on these servers for the foreseeable future."

Additionally, there is no ETA on when character transfers will be available but the developers are aware of the queue disconnect issue which is "a high priority for our server team and we'll be deploying a fix as soon as possible." You can find out more in the official forum post.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't access the game because I can't remember one of my security questions.

One of the worst security systems I've read about coupled with one of the worst customer service systems I've ever seen means Damix won't be playing again till August.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
A bunch of us are 20+ now. I'm almost 38 and I want to be 50 before Xmas, but I doubt it'll happen. Way too much other stuff going on. :)
Jesus man I just hit 38 last night, you're really going hard haha.

I just cannot say enough about this game... If anyone has played MMO's AT LAUNCH in the past this just blows EVERYTHING out of the water. WoW was a great game but was pretty damn buggy at launch especially with their server lag and stability... ToR has been seemingly perfect minus a small hic-up with some Comcast users last week.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Can't access the game because I can't remember one of my security questions.

One of the worst security systems I've read about coupled with one of the worst customer service systems I've ever seen means Damix won't be playing again till August.
Have you tried variations of your answer with/without caps for a certain letter and/or no spaces?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TOR has been smooth but it hasn't been without its share of bugs. Taris, for instance, was unplayable for a few days. I had to skip most of it. Other than a few minor hiccups though, it has been a really smooth launch.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:04 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on the Fatman server now... name is Zafeen for anyone who is interested...

What do I have to do to join the guild?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Send me a tell (Vidae or Akir) whenever you see me on. Just add me to friends and it'll notify you.

I just got 50 and now I'm going to sleep for a week.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:06 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
TOR has been smooth but it hasn't been without its share of bugs. Taris, for instance, was unplayable for a few days. I had to skip most of it. Other than a few minor hiccups though, it has been a really smooth launch.
My only real issue with it so far is some bugs. Mainly archeology nodes that you can't click on. Wish the game was less like WoW, but what can you do?

I love the multiplayer conversations mechanic...

(except for that time I lost a roll to someone who was being good and somehow it ****** over my whole quest - instead of having what I wanted to happen in my quest, I got the ****** that won the roll's results).
Old 12-24-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still waiting on my copy to arrive :(

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch Caddy, I got mine a week ago!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-25-2011, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Ouch Caddy, I got mine a week ago!
You jerky jerk! Mine shipped around a week ago. But I'm living in a regional area so that might explain the delay. (plus christmas and whatnot).

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Mine took like 3 or 4 days to get here from when it shipped.

If it makes you feel better my copy of NCAA 12 never arrived and had to chase it up so took forever!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-27-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Finally back in after dealing with the nightmare that is support. Now to catch up to everyone.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

servers should be back up in 10 mins...

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-27-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slicing just got nerfed
Old 12-27-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Slicing just got nerfed
Probably not a bad thing. It was extremely profitable compared to ever other crew skill.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I have the day off work and can't play... this is like cruel and unusual punishment
Old 12-27-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

server maintenance is starting to piss me off. I'm off today and have missed out on 5 hours of play time. this is going to be awesome when I start an 8 in a row work stretch or something.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-27-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Yeah... Its still pushed back another hour.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

people are reporting that servers are up now, but I'm in a queue to view server status on the website.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-27-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Just reported on their Twitter that the servers are up
Old 12-27-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got this game today, what servers do you all roll on?
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote