View Poll Results: What side?
Galactic Republic 12 37.50%
Sith Empire 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vidae we need to get our characters together so they can dance.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Vidae we need to get our characters together so they can dance.
I thought you'd never ask.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I thought you'd never ask.
Forenci is the only player who has witnessed my characters sexiness so far. You are next.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:57 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
N. O. Say no to LFD finder. **** that. You have absolutely no sense of community at all when you do that.

If they ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO DO IT, make it server only. I seriously hate that **** though.
Yeah, I get that. The game already feels a lot like when my friend and I are playing Mass Effect or Skyrim on Steam at the same time and send messages back and forth about the game every once in awhile... Any more disconnect from actually having to interact with people is probably a bad idea.

Also agree about not making it multi-server if they do end up doing it. I played on Burning Legion and had to deal with some serious scrubs from the Spanish-speaking servers and some other Mega ****** server. WoW is already filled with scrubs...but then you get the scrubs of the scrubs and life just sucks.

Really I'd just like to be able to form a party with guildmates/friends and queue from wherever. That'd be enough for me.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have no problem queueing for an instance from anywhere as long as you have to form the group yourself first.

Touching slightly on that, why can't you turn a quest in from anywhere? If you don't have to return items to a quest giver, why can't I holocron turn stuff in?

I mean I get why, but it'd be a nice change.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd have no problem queueing for an instance from anywhere as long as you have to form the group yourself first.

Touching slightly on that, why can't you turn a quest in from anywhere? If you don't have to return items to a quest giver, why can't I holocron turn stuff in?

I mean I get why, but it'd be a nice change.
I'm sure they will do something like that eventually. They probably want people to explore and travel the planets since the game is new. My guess is once everyone gets familiar with the environments and such they'll just make it easier to travel and turn quests in. It certainly would make life easier.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there should be more holocron turn-ins as well.

especially on Belvaris. **** that planet.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand the need for a flashpoint queue. You access all the flashpoints from the same area and it's the same place you look for a group. Are people really that lazy?

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I think there should be a greater emphasis on holocron dancing. I need to show off my sexy moves some how.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I don't understand the need for a flashpoint queue. You access all the flashpoints from the same area and it's the same place you look for a group. Are people really that lazy?
I'd like to queue for FP's while I do regular questing. I've outlevelled pretty much every Flashpoint because it's such an out-of-the way thing for me to do with my normal activities. I didn't do Cad until I was like level 37 (nothing could even touch me) and I haven't done one since (level 47 atm).

I'd just like to be able to form a group with guildies and instance into them from where I am questing.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:05 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Just hit 50 on my Assassin tank. Time to do some Hardmodes!

Old 01-06-2012, 04:50 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I don't know how you find the time to level two guys! I'm only at level 14 and struggle to find time to play.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got to say the worst thing about the game at this point is the amount of pointless walking.

The combat is fun, the story is fun, the voice acting/discussions are great, the crafting isn't a pain in the ass, but 75% of the game is just running between places.

The holocron idea is amazing or if that is no good, how about having a companion be able to turn in quest items or something as well. Honestly, I'm up to Tattoine and I've spent 90% of the time just running back and forth and speeders are incredibly expensive considering how much running you do. I reckon I've used force sprint or whatever it is called more than any other skill, I need some macro that just activates it every time it has cooled down.

It's a very good game imo other than that and they've made running between locations such an excessively large part of the game that it I find it really taking away from the game and it's almost overwhelming all the great things about the game.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yeah, once you get past a certain point, there's just way too much traveling. I'm also not a fan of how much of a pain in the ass it is to go back to Fleet and then get back to where you were before you left.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Yeah, once you get past a certain point, there's just way too much traveling. I'm also not a fan of how much of a pain in the ass it is to go back to Fleet and then get back to where you were before you left.
fleet pass should be more usable rather than 20 hours...maybe once per 2 or 3 hours.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
fleet pass should be more usable rather than 20 hours...maybe once per 2 or 3 hours.
The real ***** is getting back where you were after you use it, but I agree.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
If you have a security key you can get fleet passes that can be used every hour from the Security Key vendor.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
If you have a security key you can get fleet passes that can be used every hour from the Security Key vendor.
What he said. They're 1k creds each. Super easy to afford.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, walking isn't that bad in this game. It's an MMO after all, there is plenty of walking in the genre. They should give Sprint at like 10 though, Drummond Kaas was really the only planet where the amount of walking annoyed me.

Speeders are easy to get as long as you aren't crafting out the ass(just farm the mats on planets).

Traveling to and from the Imperial Fleet isn't a pain in the ass at all. It takes like 2 minutes, so easy. There are shuttles on every planet that take you to the imperial fleet. Getting back to the planet is a little hassle with multiple loading screens, but with the Quick Travel and flight paths, it really only takes a few minutes to get back to where you were.

Some people have no patience at all. I wouldn't want to see your thoughts on earlier MMOs lol. Lots and lots more running. Not all MMOs had mounts. EverQuest didn't add mounts until the third expansion.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 01-06-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'd like to queue for FP's while I do regular questing. I've outlevelled pretty much every Flashpoint because it's such an out-of-the way thing for me to do with my normal activities. I didn't do Cad until I was like level 37 (nothing could even touch me) and I haven't done one since (level 47 atm).

I'd just like to be able to form a group with guildies and instance into them from where I am questing.
You can find groups on planets. I've found plenty of groups just looking on whatever planets I was on.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 01-06-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love wolfpack groups. There were 3 groups of 4 of us in one Cave a couple nights ago. We just went back and forth killing all the heroics and world boss types. I probably leveled up twice from an hour with them.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Some people have no patience at all. I wouldn't want to see your thoughts on earlier MMOs lol. Lots and lots more running. Not all MMOs had mounts. EverQuest didn't add mounts until the third expansion.
I hate this point of view, so because it was worse in previous games they shouldn't try and improve it in the current ones?

There is just no reason to require that much running or to make the speeders so expensive that you basically have to grind to get the cash to buy them. Especially in a game where you have the holocron as an easy solution that you even used on a few quests.

Just because it was worse in a previous game is not a reason to say it is good in this game. Look at Skyrim for instance, once you've located somewhere you can fast travel there, in this game you get 1 fast travel an hour, why not make it that once you've located an area's taxi service you can holocron it to pick you up where you are to take you back to another taxi point? Can you think of a single thing about that that would make the game any worse for anyone whilst making it far better for the vast majority who don't want to toggle auto run then start fiddling with an internet browser and every now and then straightening where you are running... Honestly, I spend as much time on websites during the game as playing because of the pointless running. It is the single biggest problem with the game and has so many easy fixes that could be made.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought the training/speeders when I hit the appropriate level, and had a ton of credits leftover. I didnt do anything special for said money. Not sure how others wouldnt be in the same situation as long as you arent ridiculously reckless with buying random crap.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:05 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I bought the training/speeders when I hit the appropriate level, and had a ton of credits leftover. I didnt do anything special for said money. Not sure how others wouldnt be in the same situation as long as you arent ridiculously reckless with buying random crap.
I've been able to get speeder training plus a speeder but afterwards I would be very very low on credits. I do spend a lot for my companions to do crew skills. Running Biochem / Bioanalysis / Diplomacy so I'm not making money on crew skills. Just getting some tanking buffs/cooldowns.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:34 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yeah, I'm constantly running gathering missions and buy all of the crafting recipes. I skipped Speeder II because it didn't seem worth it, but Speeder III does, so now I've got Speeder II, but cannot quite afford Speeder III.