Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: What side?
Galactic Republic 12 37.50%
Sith Empire 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I basically haven't bought a thing from vendors but I've spent a **** ton on crafting I imagine. It's kind of stupid to me that you can't make money on crafting in any way until you max it out.

Also... whats up with 90% of the vendors being the medical droids? There couldn't be the odd vendor that you might actually buy something from? It's just the boring guys that don't sell anything worth having?

So glad to be off Tatooine, that place is just hell, it's by far the worst planet I've been on, it's 90% running between places.

I also wonder, are the class quests meant to be stupidly easy? I mean it feels like they are 5-10 levels lower than all the other quests on every world, I don't think you could die on them if you tried for the most part.

I'd also love to know how the heroic grading works, is it just me or are most of the "4 Heroic" easier than the "2+ Heroic"? I can solo the 2 Heroic and I can solo most of the 4 Heroic(some of the bosses are too tough) but I'll be damned if I've been able to solo a 2+ yet! Are 2+ meant to be harder?

That said, it doesn't matter, they take too long to do without a group for the most part and honestly it generally takes that long to get a group that it isn't worth the epic run all the way back to them when you do finally find a group. Got to say, they pretty much aren't worth doing from a time to reward basis. Some of them are fun though but many of them are just group grinding.

Am I missing something on them?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No the Heroic 4 is recommending a group of 4 players while a heroic 2+ is recommending a minimum of 2 players.

Are you over level when you do the heroic4 or heroic2+? Maybe Assassin-darkness spec (they seem like the best solo'ing class).

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would explain it then, a minimum of 2 to me is probably a bigger that suggesting 4!

I'm a healer specced sorceror. As long as you turn off Khem's AOE skills you can solo with good CC and aggro management. Khem is a pretty awesome tank. The only time you have problems really is if you do something stupid/aren't paying attention. Takes time though and you have to be patient. It wouldn't even be worth the time if it wasn't for Seethe, which outside of Force Speed may be my favourite single skill.

Basically I can take as many as 3 elite mobs at once with CC, I find the bosses in the 2+ are nearly always impossible and that the 4+ quests have too many elite mobs in one group to take on. The 4 usually just have like 2 elites and 3 or 4 normal mobs alongside, so you just cc the elite and clean up the rest.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:24 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That might explain it a bit, I hardly buy any recipe's for Synthweaving, just a new one to make in bulk once i stop getting a skill point everytime i make 1.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:52 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Yeah I have every artifice recipe I can get at my skill. I'm way over levelled on crafting, like my minions are doing the 40+ quests and I'm not even level 30 yet. So that probably hasn't helped... Heck I can't even use half the stuff I get from treasure hunting :)

I'm almost back above water now after buying the speeder and all that, have a couple of worthless class skills I haven't bothered purchasing. Serious question, do you ever start to fight anything that have any negative buffs that last long enough to make having purge(clears negative buffs) I mean the longest I've experienced so far are so quick it's just not worth the effort of casting.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:44 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use purge occasionally, but I probably would never bother with it if it wasnt also a minor heal. I basically only use it when no one needs any real healing and I notice a few negabuffs.

I also never, ever pvp. It might be useful in there, but I wouldnt know.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm trying to get the recipe for the Magenta light saber (got the crystal). My guild just doesn't have enough 50's to take on that world boss in-house yet.

Switched to DPS Assassin today and have been in absolute hell. It's such a huge change going from unstoppable tank to squishy ass DPS. I don't like it, but it was a necessary attempt in order to start running Hard Modes since my guild has all of 5-6 50s and 4 of them were tanks before I switched.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:50 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Magenta lightsaber :o

I think the only color id use outside of red would be purple, Mace Windu esque. Magenta would be tempting though.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:32 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Good to hear there are other colours, sucks that I went hardcore dark without knowing it meant no green or blue sabers :(

Also... probably a noob question I should have worked out by now, but is there a way to make the comparison stats be your companion when you mouseover an item? So annoying having to manually check everything for my little squishy tank!

What server you on coma?

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

The Fatman!

Old 01-09-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Like all the good players :)

Feel free to friend me and we can meet up at some point, if you've got a 50 already I'm sure your alt will catch me on its way to 50!

Name is Zafeen

Random generator for the win :)

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Good to hear there are other colours, sucks that I went hardcore dark without knowing it meant no green or blue sabers :(

Also... probably a noob question I should have worked out by now, but is there a way to make the comparison stats be your companion when you mouseover an item? So annoying having to manually check everything for my little squishy tank!

What server you on coma?
Its in the settings/preferences thing on the top bar. I forget which panel under preferences(gameplay?), but there will be a box for you to check to show companion stats when highlighting/comparing equipment. It just shows up as another box next to your stuff. That way you always see your stuff, your currently active companion's, and the highlighted item.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Ive cooled way down on my play of late, at 42 right now.

I'm Wynter.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Its in the settings/preferences thing on the top bar. I forget which panel under preferences(gameplay?), but there will be a box for you to check to show companion stats when highlighting/comparing equipment. It just shows up as another box next to your stuff. That way you always see your stuff, your currently active companion's, and the highlighted item.
Yeah I ended up googling it, that's the positive of spending so much time just travelling, you can jump on google and find things like that :) Makes life so much easier, or at least less time consuming to have that show, really should show by default imo.

Alderaan is a cool planet, it has a lot of running and the assassin house was really annoying that it has no quick exit given that the mobs in it respawn in like 3 seconds, and of course the next step in that quest is like a 30 sec walk from the first part!

Will throw in, the assassin house quest is the first remotely difficult quest as in the Sith Inquisitor storyline since those freaking droids you have to kill to get Khem, I haven't even been challenged since that point but the fight before the boss fight was tough with the stealth guys that just won't target Khem for some reason which made life difficult.

What's with those mobs by the way, has anyone else noticed that some of them just refuse to target anyone but the main toon? I get them every now and then and whilst Khem normally pulls aggro from everything they just don't look at him and I'm really rather frail when people hit me instead of him!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still haven't picked a Legacy name for my character. I can't come up with anything...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I went with Malum, which is latin for EVIL

Old 01-12-2012, 04:29 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I still haven't picked a Legacy name for my character. I can't come up with anything...
I keep trying to get people to use "Spacedocker".

Man, PvP gear makes such a huge difference. BioWare really needs to separate the level 10-49 from the 50s in WZ's (though maybe they need to wait just a little longer so there's a bigger pool of 50s). I only have 4 pieces of Champion gear and just tear people up and they really can't do anything to my squishy ass DPS Assassin.

And it's just the worst experience in the world going up against these people who are decked out in PvP gear when you have 0 Expertise.

BioWare also needs to fix the match-making and team comps. Sure, people have pre-mades, but when one team has 8 50s and the other has 3 there's seriously something wrong with that. Not sure how their system works, but it sucks. I've taken to just leaving the WZ before the match starts if my team is obviously not going to have a chance to win.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im still playing my bounty hunter on The Fatman toon named "Bobazod" Please add me if you see me on. I havent caught any of yas on yet :-/
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on almost every day as Akir or Vidae. I can't add you to friends because of the stupid bug but send me a tell (or a million tells if I'm pvping) to add you. Sorry dude!

I'm on right now actually. Check for Akir, Vidae or Vaek.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 01-13-2012 at 10:44 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just saw a post on the SWTOR forums saying how someone thought about being neutral and how that is going to be a bigger focus after 1.1

I think I might down the road create a DPS Sith Warrior that follows in the path of Revan!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
So I just saw a post on the SWTOR forums saying how someone thought about being neutral and how that is going to be a bigger focus after 1.1

I think I might down the road create a DPS Sith Warrior that follows in the path of Revan!
Yeah, if they do something with Revan, that might be cool.

I just take actions I think my character would take. That's why my BH is sitting at 0, my IA is a mostly on the light side so far, and my Assassin is Dark V.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Yeah, if they do something with Revan, that might be cool.

I just take actions I think my character would take. That's why my BH is sitting at 0, my IA is a mostly on the light side so far, and my Assassin is Dark V.
I'd like to be able to play a neutral character. But it seems like at the moment there is absolutely no benefit to being neutral.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'd like to be able to play a neutral character. But it seems like at the moment there is absolutely no benefit to being neutral.
I'm totally regretting being dark purely because I want to use either a blue or green saber and I can't because I'm dark. That has to be one of the stupidest game dynamics I've seen that doesn't seem to have any correlation to the movies/universe.

Also... the travel is still ******** me to tears, I haven't played in a few nights now because I just can't be bothered with all the running which is such a downer because I really enjoy the game otherwise but they made the running over 50% of the game which is probably the single worst design decision I've ever seen in a game. It's even worse than when Dragon Lair on the NES decided they'd be different and flip the jump and action buttons on the controller and that was bad enough I've remembered it for nearly 20 years!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I'm totally regretting being dark purely because I want to use either a blue or green saber and I can't because I'm dark. That has to be one of the stupidest game dynamics I've seen that doesn't seem to have any correlation to the movies/universe.
You see any Sith using a blue or green saber in the movies?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You see any Sith using a blue or green saber in the movies?
^^

I still think it would be sweet to use a green/blue saber, even though I've gone 100% dark side.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote