Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: What side?
Galactic Republic 12 37.50%
Sith Empire 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree on PVP, even though I mostly PVE, I like to PVP on occasion and its easier to PVE on a PVP server then vice versa.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I agree on PVP, even though I mostly PVE, I like to PVP on occasion and its easier to PVE on a PVP server then vice versa.
PvP is the only option here.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So pretty much we have established:

- Sith Empire
- PVP Server

I can make the guild when the the game launches. Any ideas on names or?
Old 11-29-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

World PvP is so much fun but not always easy to find. It's even harder to find on a PvE server.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephen Reid confirmed via Twitter that the Star Wars: The Old Republic testers from the Thanksgiving Beta Weekend will be able to be patch their game client for Early Game Access and Release. As such, players should keep their game installation in tact on their computers. For players who tested the game prior to November 25th, however, Mr. Reid recommends a clean installation of the game client.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
So pretty much we have established:

- Sith Empire
- PVP Server

I can make the guild when the the game launches. Any ideas on names or?
I thought we already agreed on 'Caddy & Friends'...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I thought we already agreed on 'Caddy & Friends'...
You have friends?

Old 11-29-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it looks a Sith Marauder would be my character or maybe a sorcerer.

Can the sorcerer dual wield sabers? Because that will probably be the driving factor behind my choice for me!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

No, the Sorcerer uses a single lightsaber.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is probably a deal breaker unless they have all kinds of pimp like lightning from fingertips like moves.

I actually probably enjoyed Hunter the most in WoW though over Paladin and Sorcerer... is there anything similar?

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
That is probably a deal breaker unless they have all kinds of pimp like lightning from fingertips like moves.

I actually probably enjoyed Hunter the most in WoW though over Paladin and Sorcerer... is there anything similar?
Sorcerers (if specced for the DPS tree) do use a lot of lightning attacks.. force lightning and force storm to name a few.

Hunter, uhhh. Well, every class gets a companion (or four) so if you're looking for a ranged DPS class there are a few.. Sith Sorcerer is a spellcaster, Bounty Hunter Mercenary is a ranged dps or healer depending on how you spec.. Imperial Agent Sniper is a ranged dps only spec, but an Operative looks like a buffer/dps/healer, again depending on how you spec.

Sith Juggernaut/Marauder are melee tank and dps, respectively, so those are probably out. Bounty Hunter Powertech is a ranged tank, so that is probably out.

If you want something like a Hunter I'd maybe give Imperial Agent Sniper a shot. They're ranged attacks with cover, etc.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

I think it was more the companion than the ranged element that I liked, that and being able to solo everything was nice :)

All I know is I want to use light sabres and force powers, I basically just waltzed around force draining and cutting **** to pieces in KOTOR, so I imagine that is where I will head again :)

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 11-29-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Sounds like Sith Sorcerer is perfect for you then!

Old 11-29-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Excellent!

I'll be force choking bitches :)

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:04 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Haha, I actually think Force Choke is a Sith Warrior ability, but I haven't played an Inquisitor yet, so I dunno.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:40 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You have friends?
You are my special 'pants' friend!

Old 11-30-2011, 04:02 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

So I went to preorder and I get a rude message implying that us Aussies would bring down the quality of the game experience!

We will make the damn experience!

How rude, but seriously, Caddy help me out can we sign up at all yet or are we getting shafted for carrying the world economy again?

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:16 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
So I went to preorder and I get a rude message implying that us Aussies would bring down the quality of the game experience!

We will make the damn experience!

How rude, but seriously, Caddy help me out can we sign up at all yet or are we getting shafted for carrying the world economy again?
From what I've read on Kotaku and other gaming blogs, we will be allowed to play the game on the released date (21/22nd), but to do so you would have to purchase a CD copy of the game. I'm 95% sure we won't be able to buy it digitally on release date because we aren't part of the 'global release'. So best bet if you want to play on release is order from play-asia or maybe ozgameshop.

Hope that helps my fellow Australian!

Old 11-30-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
This is the smartest thing I have ever seen you say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
You really dont!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You have friends?
Caddy gets **** on so much... Is he APS' bastard child?
Old 11-30-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We all love Cads and this is how we show it.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Tis true... Since I decided to start actually posting more on here he has been on of my favorites.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like not too many of you got passed level 10 or so while testing but now that the NDA is lifted I feel like I want to talk about this game more...who was everyone's favorite companions???

I've tried all the classes at least through level ten with the exception of IA, which I have zero interest in ever playing. My favorite starting companion was definitely T7-O1. Blizz is typically regarded the coolest companion in the game. Bowdaar obviously deserves some love. Who does everyone else like??

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've pre ordered and beta tested, game is legit cannot wait for it.

Will be bounty hunting bitches left and right.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

As for companions I really don't know. I only used T7... To me he was alright. Nothing to special.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

T7 is pretty cool, but I like the BH companions the most by far. Mako and Blizz are ******* legit.

The Sith Warrior companions are okay (I only got to 17) but they're definitely on the lower side of awesome. Vette is alright, but the Robot companion you get with your ship (the healer) is annoying as hell to take with me. I hate it. :\