Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-09-2014, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 15 Discussion Thread

Games with the biggest playoff implications

Cowboys @ Eagles
49ers @ Seahawks
Broncos @ Chargers
Dolphins @ Patriots
Cardinals @ Rams
Old 12-09-2014, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are only two games there that don't have a playoff implication for at least one team involved. (Jets/Titans, Redskins/Giants.) And I count 8 games where it has implications for both teams.

It's a crazy season.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills defense should be a good test for Rodgers and our offensive line, looking at what they just did to Peyton.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Bills defense should be a good test for Rodgers and our offensive line, looking at what they just did to Peyton.
I thought we had to win the Broncos game bc there was no way we were beating the Packers, but last night's performance gives me a small amount of hope.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:09 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought we were going to roll over the Bills, but last nights performance has me a bit worried.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:30 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only watched the first half of last nights game. Was it that bad? When I saw the score I just assumed we switched off and Atlanta got some garbage time TD's.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-09-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julio Jones almost single-handedly won the game. Davon House was the only guy who could cover him. Jones murdered everybody else. Shields couldn't cover him; Williams couldn't cover him; Hayward couldn't cover him; Hyde couldn't cover him. It was a nightmare.

The saving grace was that Mike Smith is an idiot.

Last edited by WCH : 12-09-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Julio Jones almost single-handedly won the game. Davon House was the only guy who could cover him; he murdered everybody else. Shields couldn't cover him; Williams couldn't cover him; Hayward couldn't cover him; Hyde couldn't cover him. It was a nightmare.
But the Bills don't have any receiver close to Julio Jones' level. I don't see our defense vs their offense as the worry. They're average at best offensively and we've been fine defensively, bar a couple of games against much better opposition.

If we lose I think it'll be because of Rodgers being disrupted and forced off his game.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 12-09-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:27 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So lets say Cam is out 1 or 2 games. They have to play the Bucs, who Derek Anderson already beat this year, and the Browns, who will be basically out and in evaluation mode if they lose this weekend. I think New Orleans loses Thursday in Chicago. Neither team has a defense but Chicago's offense is going a bit better now. If NO loses Thursday and Carolina wins out they win the division. They don't even necessarily need Cam to do that either.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I wouldn't count on the Bears for anything at this point. Drew Brees would need to be missing his throwing arm for that defense to actually stop him. Plus, Graham is due to get healthy one of these weeks and step up.

In other news...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...cture-surgery/

Clowney has microfracture surgery. I remember someone on here posting a few months back when he first got hurt that Clowney would end up a "what could have been..." type of player. I hope he recovers, but that is not a surgery you want to see a 21 year old rookie already needing. Could be the NFL's Greg Oden.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

I think I've read that microfracture surgery is more effective with football players than basketball players, so Clowney has that going for him.

Portland fans must really wish they'd taken Durant instead of Oden. That worked out almost as bad as Bowie over Jordan. That poor fanbase.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
There are only two games there that don't have a playoff implication for at least one team involved. (Jets/Titans, Redskins/Giants.) And I count 8 games where it has implications for both teams.

It's a crazy season.
Nvm...I'm dumb

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd hate to be right about this, and the truth is that the team has played like a complete mess offensively recently, but SF losing to OAK really meant next to nothing last week.

It was an AFC game and their season always came down to the division games. All the OAK loss did was prevent them from being able to lose against STL and still be in it.

Their season always came down to this week @ SEA. That was always it. And that have just as much a chance to get the big upset as they did prior to losing to OAK.

If they upset Seattle, they pretty much control their own destiny and they'll be home the final two weeks in very winnable games.

The OAK loss LOOKED way worse than it really was.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:03 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little tinkering on the playoff machine. All SF needs is to win out and have STL win one of their matchups with SEA or ARZ.

So basically if STL, who's a 4.5-point favorite, beats ARI on Thursday night, SF controls its own destiny and has two home games left in games they'll be favored in.

Beating Seattle is really the key to everything.

The OAK game didn't matter much because it was an AFC opponent. Assuming they win out, SF still has tiebreakers over ARI and SEA. Plus the outside shot DET finishes 10-6, they have the tiebreaker over them too.

Scary stuff.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
GoonSquad
Rookie

GoonSquad smells like sex panther.GoonSquad smells like sex panther.

Dallas is in a must win situation every week from here on out if we want a guaranteed playoff spot.
GoonSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers offense is useless. I would be absolutely shocked if they're even competitive versus Seattle.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:09 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
A little tinkering on the playoff machine. All SF needs is to win out and have STL win one of their matchups with SEA or ARZ.

So basically if STL, who's a 4.5-point favorite, beats ARI on Thursday night, SF controls its own destiny and has two home games left in games they'll be favored in.

Beating Seattle is really the key to everything.

The OAK game didn't matter much because it was an AFC opponent. Assuming they win out, SF still has tiebreakers over ARI and SEA. Plus the outside shot DET finishes 10-6, they have the tiebreaker over them too.

Scary stuff.
We also need either Detroit or Dallas to go 1-2 or worse.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:38 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the Raiders game eliminated them from winning the division and made it so they absolutely have to win out with a tough schedule, and get help from the Rams. I'd say that was a pretty meaningful loss.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:19 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
The 49ers offense is useless. I would be absolutely shocked if they're even competitive versus Seattle.
This. Except for the "any given sunday" saying, there is nothing that would suggest, that the 49ers stand any chance against the Hawks.
I'm taking Seattle to beat the 9.5 point spread, no question.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julio might break the reception yards record if he plays on Sunday.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJ Watt
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I just can't see them winning. As you mention the offense is terrible. The O-line has been injured and their receiving corpse looks old and slow. It could be a game for Kapernick to ressurect himself but my guess is they'll roll over.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

To the surprise of no one, Newton is out this week. Derek Anderson will start.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please for the love of everything right, play to win Titans. Chris Johnson wants to go for a 100 yard game, can your Run D for once man up and play with a passion and destroy the Jets on Sunday? Are you going to let Johnson destroy you inside your building?

Hopefully Jake Locker spanks us like he did last year, he's playing for a contract.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raiders will beat the Chiefs by two scores.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote