Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Bears are down to Bevell and Trestman. I've got enough rum on hand to drown out a poor choice for one night, but then I think I'm taking a break from football.

Perhaps it will be a blessing in disguise. Let me be more productive in the real world or something.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...88651784048641

Bears are interviewing Trestman and Bevell again and Trestman is supposed to be the frontrunner

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...88651784048641

Bears are interviewing Trestman and Bevell again and Trestman is supposed to be the frontrunner
I didn't anything could make me really, really want the Bears to hire Bevell as a head coach, but reading this somehow did it.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring back Jerry Angelo.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Trestman's not a marquee hire, but it's not like he doesn't have any NFL experience or success. He's been an offensive coordinator a number of times. In his two years with San Fran they were 1st and 3rd in points scored. He helped coach a Jake Plummer lead Cardinals team to the playoffs, and he was the offensive coordinator in Oakland the year the Raiders made the superbowl.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
I know Trestman's not a marquee hire, but it's not like he doesn't have any NFL experience or success. He's been an offensive coordinator a number of times. In his two years with San Fran they were 1st and 3rd in points scored. He helped coach a Jake Plummer lead Cardinals team to the playoffs, and he was the offensive coordinator in Oakland the year the Raiders made the superbowl.
None of these cover my main fear with hiring Trestman.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am i the only one that would be content with Trestman? I mean at least its not Singletary or Arians

Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Am i the only one that would be content with Trestman? I mean at least its not Singletary or Arians
This is an extremely depressing post.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
In San Fran, he just stepped in to a stacked offense that had already been together with the same system that they'd had for years.

That Plummer-led Arizona team was one of the luckiest of all time. Plummer threw more picks than TDs and had a terribad YPA. The offense was 15th in the league. Their point differential was -53, which would put their record around 6-10 or 7-9 historically.

He took over Gruden's offense in Oakland and ran Gruden's plays. In the Super Bowl, he used Gruden's own playcalling script so that Gruden knew what he was calling before he called it. The Raiders lost because of it.

The last thing he did of note in the NFL was in 2002. That's so long ago that it's before the Patriots' second super bowl ring. It's the same season that Marc Bulger got his first start. It was the Texans' first year in existence. It was Brady's first year as a good QB. Brandon Weeden was barely old enough to buy cigarettes, and he's like 70 years old. David Carr was a brand-new #1 overall pick. Reggie Wayne had 27 career receptions going into that season. I have to look it up, but I think there were still dinosaurs and cavemen and ****.

So the guy can run teams offensive personnel put together by other people using the other people's offensive systems. The Bears may as well have interviewed Gruden, since half of Trestman's success was just babysitting what he built.

...and any coach who still thinks Tim Tebow should be a professional QB needs to be dragged out behind the barn and shot.

On his own website, he has a nice little page about how he's a QB "guru." Here is a screenshot of his entire list of "successes:"

Last edited by Monomach : 01-14-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
None of these cover my main fear with hiring Trestman.
Is it that his routes are designed for 20 yard endzones or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Bears coaching rumors: Bruce Arians also a finalist

Dare we hope?
Old 01-14-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
It might not be all gloom and doom just yet, but I'm not going to bother getting my hopes up.

Excited for Bruce Arians...good god. This was my fear with firing Lovie. I had my issues with him, but so many others seem to be a huge step down.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@seankjensen: BREAKING: Colts O-C Bruce Arians is also a finalist for #Bears head coach, according to league source. http://t.co/PQmlV3mk

That should make some of you feel better, although I'm not as down on Trestman as the rest of you. Yikes about that Tebow stuff though.

Edit: I lose the race.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions finally fired their ST coach. Maybe they can bring back Stan Kwan and make WMD's day.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its Martz all over without the 5 receiver sets. Indy had quite possibly an even worse OL than the bears and a rookie QB, but let's chuck it 30 Yards downfield each time. Big Ben looks to be breaking down from all the hits that he took and you want Arians to be your Head Coach? With your OL. Good luck with that.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In San Fran, he just stepped in to a stacked offense that had already been together with the same system that they'd had for years.

That Plummer-led Arizona team was one of the luckiest of all time. Plummer threw more picks than TDs and had a terribad YPA. The offense was 15th in the league. Their point differential was -53, which would put their record around 6-10 or 7-9 historically.

He took over Gruden's offense in Oakland and ran Gruden's plays. In the Super Bowl, he used Gruden's own playcalling script so that Gruden knew what he was calling before he called it. The Raiders lost because of it.

The last thing he did of note in the NFL was in 2002. That's so long ago that it's before the Patriots' second super bowl ring. It's the same season that Marc Bulger got his first start. It was the Texans' first year in existence. It was Brady's first year as a good QB. Brandon Weeden was barely old enough to buy cigarettes, and he's like 70 years old. David Carr was a brand-new #1 overall pick. Reggie Wayne had 27 career receptions going into that season. I have to look it up, but I think there were still dinosaurs and cavemen and ****.

So the guy can run teams offensive personnel put together by other people using the other people's offensive systems. The Bears may as well have interviewed Gruden, since half of Trestman's success was just babysitting what he built.

...and any coach who still thinks Tim Tebow should be a professional QB needs to be dragged out behind the barn and shot.

On his own website, he has a nice little page about how he's a QB "guru." Here is a screenshot of his entire list of "successes:"

It's funny that you knock everything the guy has done. He just happen to be in the right place at the right time over and over and over again. What about winning the gray cup in back to back years? Who's playbook did he ripoff? Being a OC is not just about your playbook.... It's about knowing what plays to call in games. He's shown that he can have great offensives in the NFL over and over and over again.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

I dont even understand why all those people he helped to coach is a bad thing. It is not like he could continue to coach them and he was the reason those people were ******* horrible in the NFL.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Its Martz all over without the 5 receiver sets. Indy had quite possibly an even worse OL than the bears and a rookie QB, but let's chuck it 30 Yards downfield each time. Big Ben looks to be breaking down from all the hits that he took and you want Arians to be your Head Coach? With your OL. Good luck with that.
You have to chuck it when you're always behind, and Indy was.

He didn't chuck it 30 yards all the time in Pittsburgh. He had a running game in Pittsburgh and used it, too.

Not sure why you think Big Ben's breaking down because of hits. His missed time this year was from a rib injury caused by one particular hit. Last year, he missed one game because of an ankle injury sustained on one particular hit. In 2010, his only missed time was due to him acting all rapey. He hasn't missed any games because of injuries that developed over time and he's still playing at a high level...?
Old 01-14-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
It's funny that you knock everything the guy has done. He just happen to be in the right place at the right time over and over and over again. What about winning the gray cup in back to back years? Who's playbook did he ripoff? Being a OC is not just about your playbook.... It's about knowing what plays to call in games. He's shown that he can have great offensives in the NFL over and over and over again.
He's had two successful offenses in the NFL. Both were short stints handed to him fully ready. The ONLY thing he had to do was call plays. How is that "over and over?" Hell, half of one of his stints was a failure. After both stints, no team in the NFL elected to give him a coordinator or HC spot in the offseason when he was let go. Goes to show you what the NFL thought of his coaching.

As for the grey cups...I don't get it? Canadian football barely resembles NFL football as far as offense goes. The stuff you can do is sillier than the arena league. Might as well bring in Phil Jackson just because he knows how to lead people and deal with divas. Basketball's prerty different from the NFL, too.

For christ's sake, you get unlimited men in motion. Two of your receivers can even run in motion TOWARD the line of scrimmage to get to full speed before the snap.

Quote:
I dont even understand why all those people he helped to coach is a bad thing. It is not like he could continue to coach them and he was the reason those people were ******* horrible in the NFL.
JJust pointing out that every QB he claims as one of his success stories basically suck...ipso facto...he's not nearly as good a QB consultant as people say.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have to chuck it when you're always behind, and Indy was.

He didn't chuck it 30 yards all the time in Pittsburgh. He had a running game in Pittsburgh and used it, too.

Not sure why you think Big Ben's breaking down because of hits. His missed time this year was from a rib injury caused by one particular hit. Last year, he missed one game because of an ankle injury sustained on one particular hit. In 2010, his only missed time was due to him acting all rapey. He hasn't missed any games because of injuries that developed over time and he's still playing at a high level...?
Sure Indy was in a ton of close games and had no other talent. But is having a rookie throw 627 times behind a OL of discards really worth it? When no one in the building cares about Wins or Losses this year?

Big Ben looked bad against SF last year because of that injury, missed the St.Louis game, nearly lost to Seneca Wallace averaging 4.3 yards/attempt in the season finale and got Tebowed while clearly looking hobbled and a shell of himself. This year same story, Start like MVP, have an injury and look bad at the end of the year. Sure some of it is him trying to unnecessarily extend plays but some of it taking a lot of deepshots against a sub par OL. They hired Haley and drafted OL with first 2 picks specifically to run the ball. They felt Ben was taking too many shots.

I just think its a horrible scheme fit for what the Bears already have. Even if you draft OL this year, they typically run block much better early on than pass protect. Is that bad to have scheme that is more balanced and gets RBs involved in the pass game and takes selective deep shots rather than throw the ball 600-650 times, have Cutler miss games(2 out of 3 years with big injuries and a concussion this year) while trying to recreate the 2008 Broncos?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If someone proposed Marc Trestman 2 months ago I would have had a hearty laughed, assumed they were an idiot, and moved on with my day.

He's a Gophers alum and put his own name out for our coaching spot a few years ago (a bad B1G program mind you). Most of us thought it was a joke.

Bring back Jerry Angelo.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe its just me, but it seems like kind of a weak year for hiring HC's. I think Roman would be a good hire and the Jags/Chargers could go after him. I also like Andy Reid but he was obviously already taken by KC. Indifferent on Marrone and Chudzinski. Nobody else besides Roman really excites me as a fan (young, innovative with good x's and o's knowledge, either on offense or defense) except for maybe Ray Horton.

Seems like a weak field when Marc Trestman is getting serious interest. And 5 teams still have vacancies at this time.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope this Gus Bradley thing gets finalized because I don't think he's getting enough love as a HC candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't tell you how bad I would feel for the entire Bears fanbase if Singletary was hired.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Maybe its just me, but it seems like kind of a weak year for hiring HC's. I think Roman would be a good hire and the Jags/Chargers could go after him. I also like Andy Reid but he was obviously already taken by KC. Indifferent on Marrone and Chudzinski. Nobody else besides Roman really excites me as a fan (young, innovative with good x's and o's knowledge, either on offense or defense) except for maybe Ray Horton.

Seems like a weak field when Marc Trestman is getting serious interest. And 5 teams still have vacancies at this time.
Having a crush on Marc Trestman is just a GM being dumb; it's not really indicative of the strength of the field. There are a lot of good candidates out there. ..good candidates that Phil Emery seems intent on ignoring. You know, just like upgrades for his offensive line.

Maybe Henry Burris will come back to the US, too. All these teams need QBs and he threw 43 TDs last season (tied with Drew Brees for the most of all "pro" players!). I hear doing well in Canadian football translates really well to the NFL at least 2% of the time!

Last edited by Monomach : 01-15-2013 at 02:24 AM.