Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Hey, it could be worse.

The Bears could have ended up hiring Mike Singletary.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
Hey, it could be worse.

The Bears could have ended up hiring Mike Singletary.
I'm thinking that was a Rooney Rule interview designed not to look like a Rooney Rule interview because of his history.

Unless I'm forgetting someone obvious, I think he was the only minority we actually interviewed.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I'm thinking that was a Rooney Rule interview designed not to look like a Rooney Rule interview because of his history.

Unless I'm forgetting someone obvious, I think he was the only minority we actually interviewed.
We also interviewed Armstrong from Atlanta.

https://twitter.com/danpompei/status/291576857038565376

Joe DeCamillis apparently assistant HC. Your welcome Dallas, also send Dez Bryant.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs hired Andy Heck to coach the offensive line. Gotta be honest, I've never heard of this guy before today, but I like what Reid has done with the staff so I can't be too upset.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry about the staff. Reid knows what he's doing. I'm surprised he didn't bring Juan with him though. Juan should have got his OL coaching position back.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Don't worry about the staff. Reid knows what he's doing. I'm surprised he didn't bring Juan with him though. Juan should have got his OL coaching position back.
Ya I'm not too worried, and Juan was rumored to be in line for the job, as was Tony Sparano. I guess Andy wanted to go a different direction.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Chiefs hired Andy Heck to coach the offensive line. Gotta be honest, I've never heard of this guy before today, but I like what Reid has done with the staff so I can't be too upset.
Pfft....Reid could have hired me to be the o-line coach and you'd still be happy because you got Toub.

Seriously, expect McCluster (who whoever is returning your kicks these days) to be a pro bowler. Could very well end up sending the generic "special teamer" too.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Ya I'm not too worried, and Juan was rumored to be in line for the job, as was Tony Sparano. I guess Andy wanted to go a different direction.
So no ZBS for Chiefs?
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Pfft....Reid could have hired me to be the o-line coach and you'd still be happy because you got Toub.

Seriously, expect McCluster (who whoever is returning your kicks these days) to be a pro bowler. Could very well end up sending the generic "special teamer" too.
I am very happy with Toub and most of the rest of the staff he put together. I'm pretty surprised at some of the people that came here, but I'm still super happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
So no ZBS for Chiefs?
I'm unsure what type of scheme he runs. ZBS fits us the best, but we could probably run a power scheme as well.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chip Kelly is the new Eagles coach.

Quote:
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Chip Kelly is the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, according to league sources. No announcement yet.
Didnt Oregon just make an announcement the other day that he was staying? Philly mustve threw some more cash his way.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Last edited by Da-Phins : 01-16-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Chip Kelly is the new Eagles coach.

Didnt ND just make an announcement the other day that he was staying? Philly mustve threw some more cash his way.
Wow. They must upped their offer big time or something.

Also, Chip Kelly is the Oregon coach. Brian Kelly would be the ND one.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Did not expect that at all. This was out of nowhere.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I'm still waiting for some more places to confirm it.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow. They must upped their offer big time or something.

Also, Chip Kelly is the Oregon coach. Brian Kelly would be the ND one.
Oh my mistake. Yeah, got them mixed up.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chip Kelly is a hot name bc of his Mike D'Antoni style approach to offense, getting the play out before the defense can set. But the funny thing is, this isn't a new revolution he'll start.

Bellichick and Brady have been doing it all year. They took his principles and incorporated it into their offense already. Once again, Bellichick is a year ahead of the rest of the league.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Jay Glazer confirmed it too. If that helps.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Yes I can confirm Chip Kelly is going to Eagles.
If Jay Glazer said it, you know that **** is real now. Big props to the Eagles for not giving up on there guy. Eagles were quickly becoming the laughing stock for a good while.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Trestman will be great for the Bears. Not the huge name many wanted but he's a fantastic coach.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Chip Kelly is a hot name bc of his Mike D'Antoni style approach to offense, getting the play out before the defense can set. But the funny thing is, this isn't a new revolution he'll start.

Bellichick and Brady have been doing it all year. They took his principles and incorporated it into their offense already. Once again, Bellichick is a year ahead of the rest of the league.
Greatest coach of all time candidate for sure. Look at the various teams he has taken to the Superbowl and compare them. They are all so vastly different...the only constant is Tom Brady.

"Dynasty" years from 01-04? Spreading the ball around conservatively to low key receivers and emphasizing a balanced attack with Antoine Smith and Corey Dillon running the ball.

19-0 year? High octane passing attack with Moss deep and and Welker underneath.

Last year and this year? Emphasis on two (or more) tight ends, hurry up offense at all times.

It's crazy. He has basically taken three differently assembled teams to Superbowls with the only constant being Brady.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oregon must be getting hit with some sanctions if he decided to leave now

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

19-0 year? High octane passing attack with Moss deep and and Welker underneath.
Did you mean 18-1?

Also, why does Bellichick constantly get credit for his awesome offense when he's a defense guy with a terrible defense?

Last edited by Job Reborn : 01-16-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Did you mean 18-1?

Also, why does Bellichick constantly get credit for his awesome offense when he really is in charge of his terrible defense?
I thought the Superbowl was game 20...nevermind that then.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chip Kelly thing caught me by surprise.

I'm excited to see what he can do in the NFL.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Did you mean 18-1?

Also, why does Bellichick constantly get credit for his awesome offense when he's a defense guy with a terrible defense?
Bellichick has been much more active with his offense in recent years. He's a student of the game, he spends every offseason learning different schemes on both offense and defense from various coaches that introduce new concepts to the game.

He's not just a defense guy. He's an everything guy, he started with defense but he does it all.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I thought we lost our shot, I thought it was a lock to be Bradley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote