Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone close to Kelly says that he may be leaning towards a 3-4 defense and they have mentioned Todd Grantham (DC from Georgia) and Dan Quinn (DC from Florida) as possible hires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Someone close to Kelly says that he may be leaning towards a 3-4 defense and they have mentioned Todd Grantham (DC from Georgia) and Dan Quinn (DC from Florida) as possible hires.

Todd Bowles has 3-4 experience. No?
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm sure its a possibility that he stays on, but Kelly may be trying to bring in a new staff. Who knows...

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce Arians interviewing with AZ tomorrow
Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chip Kelly: "Rob, I think I'm coming b... hold on one second. Someone else is calling. *puts on hold* Hello..."

NCAA: "Hello Mr Kelly, this is the NCAA calling and we'd like to talk to you about some of your recruiting tactics."

Chip: "Hold on one second, I think someone else is calling...*hangs up and calls Eagles*"
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Chip Kelly: "Rob, I think I'm coming b... hold on one second. Someone else is calling. *puts on hold* Hello..."

NCAA: "Hello Mr Kelly, this is the NCAA calling and we'd like to talk to you about some of your recruiting tactics."

Chip: "Hold on one second, I think someone else is calling...*hangs up and calls Eagles*"
And the sick thing is if he fails with the Eagles he'll have his pick of college team and another huge payday.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
And the sick thing is if he fails with the Eagles he'll have his pick of college team and another huge payday.
Exactly. Its a no lose for him, really.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I mean...look at some of these hires though. They aren't exactly the pinnacle of offensive innovation themselves.

For every Mike McCarthy theres about 9 Pat Shurmurs.
And for every Mike Tomlin, there's 9 Dick Juarons or Romeo Crennels....works both ways. The QB position is arguably the hardest position to staff in the league. True every OC doesn't know how to develop one, scout one, nor call plays for one. Even McCarthy told Nolan emphatically that Alex Smith would be better than Aaron Rodgers. So even good ones make mistakes. But in a league dictated by offensive trends, I'd rather have a guy on that side of the ball run the show. Now I'm not going hire a inferior coach just because he's on the offensive side of the ball. If I interview a DC who blows me away with his qualities and intangibles, as well as wows me with his knowledge of the game then of course, he's going to be my guy becuase he's clearly the best candidate. But if I have two guys who are neck and neck and pretty much at a dead heat, one's a former OC/and QB coach(who comes highly recommended), and the other one is a former DC(who comes highly recommended), I'm probably going with the former OC. You can get by in this league with a good offense and a medicore defense. You can even win a Super Bowl with a team like that, if you play your best ball at the right time. But you ain't winning **** if those roles are reversed. Its as simple as that. And this isn't anything new. The league has always been sparked from a offensive standpoint. From Paul Brown to Don Coryell to Bill Walsh, the league has always shifted its power from a offensive perspective. Even when the defensive minds have had they're little run, like a Buddy Ryan in the mid-late '80s, the Ravens and the Bucs in the early 2000's, it was only a blimp on the radar screen. Its never been sustainable.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/17620...elsewhere.html

Umm.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not surprised at the Kromer hire. He worked with Trestman for years with Oakland.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:49 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gus Bradley to Jacksonville

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:01 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the hiring. Only thing that worries me is the potential for our offensive coordinators to come and leave which can halt the development of whoever our QB is.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL. Thank you Chicago for taking Joe DeCamillis! I'm sure he'll be asking your punter to out-kick the coverage while simultaneously leaving massive holes in your punt and field goal protection sets in no time :)

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:11 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome hire in Jacksonville.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very interesting that every team hired an offensive head coach except the Jaguars. #becausejaguars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The #becausejaguars hash tag is for when the Jags do something stupid or something bad happens to them, not when they simply do something different.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
The #becausejaguars hash tag is for when the Jags do something stupid or something bad happens to them, not when they simply do something different.
This. And if you just judge hires this offseason has to be #becausebears. You fired Lovie Smith and hired someone who couldn't land an OC job.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On paper, the Jaguars seem to be doing a lot of things right. But on paper, a lot of other things the Jaguars seemed to be doing also appeared right.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
On paper, the Jaguars seem to be doing a lot of things right. But on paper, a lot of other things the Jaguars seemed to be doing also appeared right.
Like drafting Blaine Gabbert?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradley is a really nice hire. He's from the Kiffin tree but is not a Tampa-2 devotee. Flexible enough to run multiple stuff from the 4-3 except may be all out blitzing. The Seahawks have built the entire defense out of lower round draft picks the last couple of years. Some of that is good personnel evaluation but some of that is really good coaching.

He has to hire a good offensive guy and a QB coach though. If he can make a good hire there I'm sure he'll do well.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
This. And if you just judge hires this offseason has to be #becausebears. You fired Lovie Smith and hired someone who couldn't land an OC job.

I think ppl are jumping the gun on Trestman's fit with the Bears. Is he a motivational, rah rah type? No. He doesn't possess a big personality where's guys will run through brick walls for him. But he is a perfectionist. Very detail-oriented and a stickler for the little things. That's one thing that offense, particularly Cutler needs. He's coached some of the best QBs and they've all been successful under him. It was a move again, to maximize the QB position. Trestman knows offense. And he has weapons already which to work with. They're defense staff remains intact so that side of the ball should still be solid. It was surprise hire but one that makes alot of sense if you look at from that strickly a offensive stanpoint. Kind of reminds of McCarthy when GB hired him. A lot of ppl were saying "wtf" back then as well. Not anymore.

And I don't buy the "he couldn't even get a OC job" line of thinking. Who said that? I think he's been pushing for a HC gigs for awhile now.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-17-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Wow Bradley to the Jags? Guess we keep Roman for one more year...
Old 01-17-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver promotes QB coach Adam Gase to OC.

Hackenberg vs Morris vs Browne!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Bruce Arians interviewing with AZ tomorrow
also apparently had dinner with Michael Bidwill last night
Old 01-17-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Bradley hire - he was a good DC in Seattle and is a nice change from all the offensive guys getting picked up. Hopefully JAX can figure out the QB situation.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote