Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:47 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Kramer ‏@KegsnEggs
Browns to interview random stranger riding horse in nearby field for head coaching vacancy. [man declines] [rides away on horse]
Old 01-22-2014, 07:54 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-senior-bowl/

Scott Turner doing QB scouting work for Minnesota at the Senior Bowl.
Rumor is he's the next QB coach.

I think we have the dad as OC as well.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year!

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What will Jimmy Haslam do if the Browns don't get Dan Quinn?
Old 01-22-2014, 09:33 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
John McNulty to be the Titans' QB coach.
He had the same job in Tampa, where Mike Glennon was an impressive rookie. Jake Locker will most likely improve even more. This is a good move for the light blue and white.

Quote:
This way if we miss out on one of our quarterbacks we get Clowney run a 4-3 and 3-4 hybrid defense and **** your faces.
Clowney has the athletic ability to play the Terrell Suggs DE/OLB role for Cleveland (if Pettine is coaching them), but is it too much for a rookie to mentally handle?
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:49 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns | Mike Pettine close to deal
Wed, 22 Jan 2014 05:19:46 -0800

The Cleveland Browns are close to a deal to hire Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hire him

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to lose Pettine. Bleh. That said, I'm not so sure he is a good hire for HC. He'll need a really talented offensive staff to stay a float on that side of the ball and I'm not sure he has the juice to attract said talent, especially in Cleveland.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I don't want to lose Pettine. Bleh. That said, I'm not so sure he is a good hire for HC. He'll need a really talented offensive staff to stay a float on that side of the ball and I'm not sure he has the juice to attract said talent, especially in Cleveland.
Eh. You can say that about any defensive coach honestly. The same way you can say any good offensive coach needs to hire a good defensive staff.

I'd be more concerned about qb then offensive coordinator. Until they solve qb I don't care if you have Paul Brown running the offense, it will still look like crap.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:19 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pettine is great, but I am convinced he will be a poor head coach. Not for any fault of his own, but because it would mean bad things are happening to both Buffalo and Cleveland, which of course is what will happen.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I think that is going to be a good hire for them.
I just want a new system. Every other QB is on their 2nd or 3rd system and I had to endure watching the same system for so many years. I am glad for a change. I respectGilbride and what he has done, but I want a new system.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:30 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Pettine is great, but I am convinced he will be a poor head coach. Not for any fault of his own, but because it would mean bad things are happening to both Buffalo and Cleveland, which of course is what will happen.
Pretty much sums us up doesn't it?

By the time 2020 rolls around the Browns and Bills will be the powerhouses in the AFC and everyone will be scratching their heads.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 01-22-2014, 11:52 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
What will Jimmy Haslam do if the Browns don't get Dan Quinn?
Sit the year out?
Old 01-22-2014, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-senior-bowl/

Scott Turner doing QB scouting work for Minnesota at the Senior Bowl.
Rumor is he's the next QB coach.

I think we have the dad as OC as well.
Browns should snatch back Scott Turner to be the OC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:45 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Pettine gets the Cleveland job, he should get these coordinators.

OC: Scott Linehan
DC: Greg Mattison (also a former Ravens DC and knows Pettine's system)
Old 01-22-2014, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chan Gailey is still looking for a job. He's a pretty good OC.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
If Pettine gets the Cleveland job, he should get these coordinators.

OC: Scott Linehan
DC: Greg Mattison (also a former Ravens DC and knows Pettine's system)

No one should have to 'get" Scott Linehan as an offensive coordinator. Maybe a D3 school.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:53 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Ravens fan I would absolutely love to see the Browns get Greg Mattison as their defensive coordinator. Maybe they can lure Cam Cameron away from LSU too.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it might be Pettine. That's cool and all, but shouldn't they start interviewing right away for when they fire him next year? Don't want to get caught with their pants down again, right?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:03 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
So it might be Pettine. That's cool and all, but shouldn't they start interviewing right away for when they fire him next year? Don't want to get caught with their pants down again, right?
Maybe they will bring lube next time so the national media isn't so rough.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:28 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Quote:
Chan Gailey is still looking for a job. He's a pretty good OC.
Would you want Jordan Cameron to be converted to slot WR? It worked with Scott Chandler in Buffalo with Gailey (but for some reason got moved back to TE by the Syracuse bunch), but the problem with it is that it takes away a tight end's unpredictability of lining up both next to the tackle and in the slot.

Maybe the Browns could trade Cameron (plus a draft pick) to the Patriots for Ryan Mallett. Then NE gets their 2-TE set back (imagine JC paired with the Gronkmeister) and the Browns get a QB to throw to Josh Gordon, Greg Little, Davone Bess (unless he's in a mental asylum), and rookie Sammy Watkins from Clemson as the starting four WRs in Gailey's offense.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Cameron can't block anyway so sure, line him up wide all you want. It works just fine for Jimmy Graham.

TEs aren't mismatches bc of where they line up. They're mismatches bc they're too big for a CB/S to cover and too fast for a LB to cover.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:36 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Would you want Jordan Cameron to be converted to slot WR? It worked with Scott Chandler in Buffalo with Gailey (but for some reason got moved back to TE by the Syracuse bunch), but the problem with it is that it takes away a tight end's unpredictability of lining up both next to the tackle and in the slot.

Maybe the Browns could trade Cameron (plus a draft pick) to the Patriots for Ryan Mallett. Then NE gets their 2-TE set back (imagine JC paired with the Gronkmeister) and the Browns get a QB to throw to Josh Gordon, Greg Little, Davone Bess (unless he's in a mental asylum), and rookie Sammy Watkins from Clemson as the starting four WRs in Gailey's offense.
No, trading our pro-bowl tight end who looked amazing when we had a QB who knew how the hell to get him the ball would be stupid.

This team has some extremely talented players on both sides of the ball, they just need a few more pieces (a head coach might help) and we can compete.

Quote:
and the Browns get a QB to throw to Josh Gordon, Greg Little, Davone Bess (unless he's in a mental asylum), and rookie Sammy Watkins from Clemson as the starting four WRs in Gailey's offense.
I wil projectile vomit if Bess or Little are on the roster come March.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:08 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol yes, let them trade one of the better offensive weapons in the league AND draft picks for a back up quarterback. Great plan.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:46 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Quote:
Lol yes, let them trade one of the better offensive weapons in the league AND draft picks for a back up quarterback. Great plan.
The only reason Mallett is a backup is because he was drafted by Tom Brady's team. He should be looked at as a first round quarterback. He's totally unproven, but so is Teddy Bridgewater. Mallett is not a backup who is a failed starter.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only reason Mallett is a backup is because he was drafted by Tom Brady's team. He should be looked at as a first round quarterback. He's totally unproven, but so is Teddy Bridgewater. Mallett is not a backup who is a failed starter.
I'll preface this by saying that I liked Mallett coming out and thought he should have gone in the first.

BUT...

How does Mallett go from a third round value to a first round value just by not playing for three years? The guy is entering the last year of his contract, too, which should be a hit to his value because if he does perform, the team isn't going to get the benefit of his cheap years.

What exactly has he done to improve his value in his three years of not really playing quarterback?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:47 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Quote:
I'll preface this by saying that I liked Mallett coming out and thought he should have gone in the first.
I thought he did go in the first round. Guess not.