Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
As a Ravens fan I would absolutely love to see the Browns get Greg Mattison as their defensive coordinator. Maybe they can lure Cam Cameron away from LSU too.
I would LMAO if Mattison went to CLE. Just as bad a coordinator as Cameron. Maybe worse lol
Old 01-22-2014, 05:40 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns will hire a first time coach with two big time coordinaters,that never fails.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:52 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Schiano is supposedly a candidate.

I NEED Alex with his best hysterical laughter .gifs.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post

Cleveland can never have anything nice.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pettine to have a 3rd interview with the Browns. I am still waiting for him to pull his name out of the race.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:29 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I'll preface this by saying that I liked Mallett coming out and thought he should have gone in the first.

BUT...

How does Mallett go from a third round value to a first round value just by not playing for three years? The guy is entering the last year of his contract, too, which should be a hit to his value because if he does perform, the team isn't going to get the benefit of his cheap years.

What exactly has he done to improve his value in his three years of not really playing quarterback?
What did Schaub do in Atlanta before 2007 to warrant 2 2nd round picks?
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:58 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:34 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://twitter.com/TonyGrossi/statu...03731458146304

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 01-23-2014, 09:29 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

I'm hearing the Browns are working on contract terms with Pettine, I am one happy **** sandwich.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:32 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://twitter.com/BFeldmanCBS/stat...58862636015616

Paul Pasquoloni to be the bears' DL coach.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
FIRE UP THE KD CANNON!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:19 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Paul Pasquoloni to be the bears' DL coach.
I suppose that's a better gig than trying to coach a basketball school's football team (UConn) -- unless the Bears are still giving up 3.2 miles per rushing attempt.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Schiano gets another chance. He's a much better coach than he gets credit for.

His players played hard for him. Many backed him up and vouched for him after he got fired. Don't believe all the fluff the media feeds you about coaches they don't like. Just bc he's a mega douche to the media they assassinate his character any chance they get. They're manipulators like that.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schiano is a bad person and a worse coach. Wish the Bucs would have kept him.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:27 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I hope Schiano gets another chance. He's a much better coach than he gets credit for.

His players played hard for him. Many backed him up and vouched for him after he got fired. Don't believe all the fluff the media feeds you about coaches they don't like. Just bc he's a mega douche to the media they assassinate his character any chance they get. They're manipulators like that.
Right as you said that, I read this article.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...nse-atmosphere

Old 01-23-2014, 11:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based on what exactly? How he handled Freeman? Isn't it obvious now that he was spot on with Freeman being a turd?

Or is it how he handled his players and disciplined them? Because after he got fired several players came out in support of him. Even McCoy came out and said he learned more about football and life under Schiano than he did his entire career playing the sport. That speaks volumes to me.

Or was it because he was "stubborn" as a strategist with all the zone? Revis came out and admitted that they played a lot of zone bc his body wasn't ready to play man, and instead of pointing that out and throwing Revis's health under the bus, Schiano acted like a man, stood at the podium, and took in all the criticism without every mentioning why they did what they did. He took it on the chin for his player.

Schiano was building a program there and didn't get a chance to finish it. He was on the right path. Whenever a disciplinarian takes over a team full of soft players, there's an adjustment period. Schiano didn't get a chance to finish what he started.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revis gets paid millions of dollars and didn't like coming to work? Awww poor little baby. Also I'll take Belichick's word over Revis any day of the week.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:33 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
The Browns are going to hire Schiano.
Quote:

I told you all that it was going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Ask players who played under Parcells or Bellichick if the environment was "tense"

Those same players say after they retired that they learned the most from those coaches. Kinda like how McCoy just said it about Schiano.

I support disciplinarian coaches. It's what I prefer, I feel they're the most effective coaches. Schiano was a disciplinarian. His players weren't used to that, and they had to adjust to it.

The media being the slimeballs that they are, took complete advantage of it and made it into a bigger story than it was. If twitter was around in 04 when Coughlin did the same exact thing Schiano did, he'd probably be fired by now.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I dont doubt that he's a good coach, but his style is suited much better for the college game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before Schiano they had a country club atmosphere with Raheem Morris as HC and they took advantage of him and still sucked also. They quit on him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Cleveland should embrace Schiano if he's hired. His tough hard nosed approach would work in that smashmouth division.

He's a good coach. And his blue collar approach would be embraced by the city if they keep an open mind. I think he'd be an excellent hire.

Hopefully the staff there doesn't cave in to public pressure and not hire him because of the public outcry. Stick to the plan, you know what you're doing, just keep doing what's good for the organization and succeed/fail on your own terms.

Fans are fickle, they're mad now but if you win all is forgiven. And if you lose, hell will come.

I hope Lombardi makes the right move and hires Schiano.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of what you said, but made excuses for. Also, when he tried to hurt other teams because he was mad brah.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:47 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Cleveland should embrace Schiano if he's hired. His tough hard nosed approach would work in that smashmouth division.
Cleveland needs a motivator and someone the players want to play for and get fired up for. Not a disciplinarian.

Schiano would make a good coordinator or a college coach. Mangini tried the whole disciplinarian thing here and it backfired HARD.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:49 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...r-mike-pettine

And there it is, thank god.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This just in: Browns fire Mike Pettine before he's even hired!