Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Pettine wouldn't be a bad hire. I was a Pettine fan for a little while. I think Schiano would be a better hire but I like Pettine too.

Pettine, Schiano, Bowles, they'd all be great hires in my eyes. I soured on Pettine a little bit bc of his last couple of years with the Jets, but I like the potential.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:35 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also I'll take Belichick's word over Revis any day of the week.
Really? Isn't Belichick the same guy who said Wes Welker delivered the dirtiest hit he's ever seen just because Welker's contract talks with NE went bad?

If Darrell Revis doesn't like a tense atmosphere, he's going to love playing for Lovie Smith. He holds nobody accountable for anything and runs kindergarten training camps. And if Revis suffered because of a bad fit with a zone coverage defense, it's weird (or maybe hilarious) that Smith runs almost nothing but a Cover-2 zone.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Really? Isn't Belichick the same guy who said Wes Welker delivered the dirtiest hit he's ever seen just because Welker's contract talks with NE went bad?

If Darrell Revis doesn't like a tense atmosphere, he's going to love playing for Lovie Smith. He holds nobody accountable for anything and runs kindergarten training camps. And if Revis suffered because of a bad fit with a zone coverage defense, it's weird (or maybe hilarious) that Smith runs almost nothing but a Cover-2 zone.
I was commenting on Revis comment that Schiano's schemes were bad. Belichick has said the complete opposite and holds a high respect for Schiano's defensive mind.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Revis was actually very good in zone coverage this year. Revis can do it all, he's the best CB in the game.

He graded out near the top (I think he actually mightve been the best) CB in the game even with his knee injury this year.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:46 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey ass holes, THE BROWNS ARENT HIRING SCHIANO LETS TALK ABOUT THE BROWNS.

Who do you think we bring on for coordinators? Watch it be Schwartz and Kubiak.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I someone from the Jets/Bills staff are most likely candidates for OC/DC.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Revis can do it all, he's the best CB in the game.
Not anymore he isn't. Was...and was much better than anyone else for a while...but Sherman is better right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:01 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Not anymore he isn't. Was...and was much better than anyone else for a while...but Sherman is better right now.
It's true he yelled it at me on Sunday.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard the Browns were after the Broncos O-Coordinator. Don't they realize Peyton is busy preparing for the Super Bowl?

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:12 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worst thing about what Revis said is that he needs a "stree-free" working environment. What a *****! Nobody works in a stree-free environment. Then he goes on about saying how Schiano should have listened to the players.

Translation: Revis wanted to run the team. He wanted a slack environment where he could do whatever he wants. I'm not a big of Schiano but Revis comes off bad based on that article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Revis can do it all, he's the best CB in the game.
But according to the media brainwashing, we're supposed to consider Richard Sherman the best cornerback. I'm confused.

Quote:
I heard the Browns were after the Broncos O-Coordinator. Don't they realize Peyton is busy preparing for the Super Bowl?
Manning has that much influence on their offense? I thought the fact that it looks like the old Colts offense from when Peyton was there was just a coincidence. {LOL}.

Maybe Adam Gase would make a good coach in Cleveland as long as you can guarantee the next quarterback is going to be almost as good as Peyton Manning -- but obviously that guarantee cannot be made.

At this point I practically expect one of us posters to be in the running for the Cleveland job. But it's looking more and more like Pettine.

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 01-23-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He's not. Sherman only plays one side of the field. He doesn't chase WRs all over the field, I can't consider him the best bc of that. It's Nmandi all over again.

Hes clearly the 2nd best, but he's not better than Revis.

And for what it's worth, Revis graded out higher than Sherman according to PFF. I know that's not the end all argument, but it does paint somewhat of a picture without us going to the all 22 and breaking down specific examples of why Revis is better.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:24 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Nobody here called me out for my mistake, so I will. Mike Pettine was a linebackers coach for Baltimore, but not defensive coordinator. He was DC for the Jets, and of course the Bills. Wikipedia is claiming that Pettine is the Browns head coach. Somebody jumped the gun there. Of course, Wikipedia is famous for cases of misinformation.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
Right as you said that, I read this article.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...nse-atmosphere
Revis is also a guy who was complaining about how hard he had to work after signing a deal which paid him $16 million a year though. The Buccaneers were a team accustomed to being able to do whatever they wanted under Raheem Morris and resisted the arrival of a coach who was actually going to call them out.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:39 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Everybody debates which coaching style is better -- "players coach" with a relaxed atmosphere or a hard-nosed approach. It depends on how good the roster is to begin with.

The tough coach method worked for Bill Parcells because he had players like Phil Simms, Joe Morris, Lawrence Taylor, etc, as well as Parcells himself being a great X/O coach regardless of the approach he took toward his players.

Then suddenly the same approach doesn't work for Greg Schiano in TB. Maybe the fact that Josh Freeman was the quarterback and was replaced by a developing (although promising) rookie had something to do with why they lost (among other things).
Old 01-23-2014, 02:42 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jim Harbaugh wasn't winning people would say the same thing about him. Winning cures all.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I suppose that's a better gig than trying to coach a basketball school's football team (UConn) -- unless the Bears are still giving up 3.2 miles per rushing attempt.
Well he had his only success at Syracuse, so it is sorta his thing. Plus he wasn't all that great at 'Cuse, where being able to split the Northeast with BC got him some awesome players. By the time UConn hired him, it was just a lame duck hire.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:47 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schiano doesn't have the resume of an NFL HC. Defensive coordinator perhaps. But even in college, he was a .500 coach in an awful conference. Sure I guess he was good by Rutgers standards, but we're talking about NFL standards. Jim Harbaugh made Stanford into a powerhouse overnight after previously being a doormat, in a good conference. Schiano made Rutgers an okay team, after previously being a doormat, and it wasn't overnight, it took five seasons to even get to a bowl game. I don't see this as the resume of an NFL head coach.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Mike Pettine, Cleveland.com is reporting it.

May god help him.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:12 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
It's Mike Pettine, Cleveland.com is reporting it.

May god help him.
@AdamSchefter reporting it as well
Old 01-23-2014, 04:35 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

The Browns have confirmed the hire of Mike Pettine.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:47 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll probably be fired before the weekend is over.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:40 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It needs to say 'soon to be former Browns head coach" when he does interviews and appears on tv and ****.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doug Williams is going to join the Redskins front office in some capacity according to the Washington Post.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:52 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

The Dolphins are still looking for a general manager. Lions assistant GM and former Broncos GM Brian Xanders has been eliminated from the Miami job. I feel sorry for BX; he's stuck in a rat hole of a city with an almost meaningless job. Come to think of it, that's my life story too.

I like that Doug Williams keeps coming back to the teams he played for. He was in the Buccaneers front office for a while too.