Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Ben Tate is a free agent this off season could be a match made in heaven.
Uhh... no. Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce are just fine thank you.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim O'neal hired for browns DC

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Apparently they feel that zone blocking will be the miracle drug to rid them of the 1-yard-run disease. Maybe it will work. Maybe.

Our running game was the worst when we ran the most zone blocking. Harbs was looking for coaching staff to go with his buddy Castillo instead of a system for joe flacco
Old 01-27-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our running game was the worst when we ran the most zone blocking. Harbs was looking for coaching staff to go with his buddy Castillo instead of a system for joe flacco
A coach rearranging things to please his figurative "girlfriend" is not a good idea. Now they have to start over with Kubiak.

Quote:
Jim O'neal hired for browns DC
In the prospect position rankings on this site, there are quite a few 280-292 pound guys who the Browns could take a look at for the DE/34E combo spot (unless Billy Winn is the starter).

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 01-27-2014 at 03:01 PM.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Kubiak to Baltimore as OC.
Great hire. Probably not a good head coach, but the man knows offense. Of the Shanahan WCO variety at least. I wonder if we'll see Flacco on more roll-outs. Might be weird.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:10 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
You are making me feel better about this. I did enjoy Pettine's attacking style/hybrid scheme though.
Sounds like your D won't be making any drastic changes.

Quote:
While he didn’t address too many specifics about what the team would do defensively, Schwartz did say they wouldn’t be tied to any one approach as they try to find what works best for the Bills.

“You can’t put it in a box. It’ll be opponent-specific and multi-dimensional. We are an attack scheme,” Schwartz said.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:45 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how every new DC says they are going to be an attacking defense. To me, that sounds like lots of blitzing, which Schwartz didn't do a lot of in Detroit. "Attacking" is a word coaches use because it sounds good and it gets the media off their back.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:08 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Great hire. Probably not a good head coach, but the man knows offense. Of the Shanahan WCO variety at least. I wonder if we'll see Flacco on more roll-outs. Might be weird.
I'd like it. Flacco moves fairly well on his feet and he has quite a few of his big throws when getting out of the pocket. Well, that might just be because there hasn't been much of a pocket for him to stand in the last few seasons but I'm confident Flacco can do it when it's actually scripted.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Hafley left the Bills to join the Browns. Angelicho who was from the Bucs staff also to the Browns as TE Coach.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Browns could be interested in Bill Callahan as OC. The ****
Not sure what's taking so long.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:22 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least two assistants, including Hafley, were going over with O'Neil. Anthony Weaver will likely leave, as well. No surprises there.

Bills also hired the previous QB coach, Todd Downing, from Detroit when we hired Schwartz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
I love how every new DC says they are going to be an attacking defense. To me, that sounds like lots of blitzing, which Schwartz didn't do a lot of in Detroit. "Attacking" is a word coaches use because it sounds good and it gets the media off their back.
I was pretty relieved to see plenty of quotes about how we will play "hard and fast"
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
mike fisher @fishsports

Breaking: Source tells me #Cowboys hiring of Scott Linehan so close that he's at Valley Ranch right now @1053thefan
Linehan to Dallas. Most likely clearing the way for Callahan to the Browns.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:52 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm super pumped for Kubiak. He is a very very good OC. With his experience and sole focus on offense he is a great addition.

Flacco is actually pretty mobile, especially for his frame. He isn't a runner really but he can scramble for a first.

It's a shame no one has even touched Ware Phillips. He is an elite DC in my book. He should get an opportunity next go round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I'm super pumped for Kubiak. He is a very very good OC. With his experience and sole focus on offense he is a great addition.

Flacco is actually pretty mobile, especially for his frame. He isn't a runner really but he can scramble for a first.

It's a shame no one has even touched Ware Phillips. He is an elite DC in my book. He should get an opportunity next go round.
God damn it, don't remind me about Wade. Would do horrid things for Chip to cut Billy Davis loose and hire Wade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:41 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Quote:
God damn it, don't remind me about Wade. Would do horrid things for Chip to cut Billy Davis loose and hire Wade.
Wade Phillips and his 5-2 defense would work well in Philadelphia. Trent Cole is more of a DE, as is Connor Barwin, who played for Phillips in Houston. I think DeMeco Ryans played for Wade too, unless I'm mistaken. NT Benny Logan would be better in that defense too because it's a one-gap scheme and he's small for the 0-technique he's playing now.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Billy Davis is an aggressive DC who blitzes a ton too. I won't sit here and say he's the best DC, but it's hard to evaluate him when he has poor talent in the secondary. His blitzing style needs a strong secondary and Philly's secondary is awful.

Wade and Billy don't run the same defense, but they are both aggressive.

Why Wade doesn't have a job is beyond me though. He's significantly better than many DCs currently employed.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:04 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Billy Davis is an aggressive DC who blitzes a ton too. I won't sit here and say he's the best DC, but it's hard to evaluate him when he has poor talent in the secondary. His blitzing style needs a strong secondary and Philly's secondary is awful.

Wade and Billy don't run the same defense, but they are both aggressive.

Why Wade doesn't have a job is beyond me though. He's significantly better than many DCs currently employed.
Billy had a decent year this year, but partner a guy like Wade with a guy like Chip on the offensive end and I am blowing fat loads all over the place.

You are right about our secondary being ******* horrendous, though. I would make a play for Jarius Byrd, and I really like guys like Gilbert and Pryor in the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:06 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad Bernie Kosar is so messed up in the head, I think he could be a top tier offensive coordinator. He understands the game so well, it's amazing to listen to him some times when he broadcasts preseason games, he will dissect the play before it even happens.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:16 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Why did the Browns hire a tight ends coach before they hired an offensive coordinator? When I read that I was thinking "Did somebody get the OC job there?" I guess that's the Browns -- a backward organization. I feel sorry for the loyal fans who where the brown and orange.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:46 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep seeing articles/comments about people freaking out that we hired a no name coach and a guy who hasn't had coordinating experience.

I love the offseason, people freak out one way or the other with hires and having no knowledge of what the actual end result is going to be. Browns fans are the masters of offseason over exaggeration for example.

"Good thing we dodged a bullet with Chip Kelly, he's going to flop in the NFL where his offense will not work!"

"YES!!! The Browns hired Holmgren, there is no way this team isn't a perennial AFC North contender for the next 10 years"

"WOW BRADY QUINN LATE FIRST ROUND WHAT A STEAL, SUPER BOWL!"

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 01-28-2014, 01:53 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interviewing Kyle Shanahan Wednesday for OC. I have real mixed feelings about this one. Guess Bill C isn't set in stone.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:45 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
"WOW BRADY QUINN LATE FIRST ROUND WHAT A STEAL, SUPER BOWL!"
Brady Quinn is going to make a comeback. He's one of the top 20 QB's in the league.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Interviewing Kyle Shanahan Wednesday for OC. I have real mixed feelings about this one. Guess Bill C isn't set in stone.
If we get Manziel I think his experience with RG3 and the creativity for him might help.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:26 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Quote:
Brady Quinn is going to make a comeback. He's one of the top 20 QB's in the league.
Are you talking about the Arena Football League?
Old 01-28-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
If we get Manziel I think his experience with RG3 and the creativity for him might help.
Would rather have Bortles.