Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Ehhhhh....I don't know.

Does he get to bring Cam Newton with him? If so then **** yeah, hire that man. But Chudz track record the last few years goes: One year in Cleveland where Derek Anderson made a deal with the devil, another year in Cleveland where everyone was lousy and he got fired, a few years as the Chargers TE coach and one year last year where he got Cam Newton.

I'd want to see more out of him personally. He did a great job of helping to mask some of Newton's flaws and take advantage of his strengths, but I'd like to see him continue with Newton's development a little while longer.

I wouldnt' be confident in hiring him as a head coach after essentially one and a half good years in the last 5.
I do too, but my comparison was, why go after Chip Kelly, then turn around and pursue Sherman, the complete oppositte of Chip Kelly?

If they were looking for a creative offensive mind, then they should have turned there attention to Chudzinski. That was my point.

I want Zimmer or Rich Bassacia, but Bassacia was some how overlooked.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morris caught on as the DB's coach in Washington.

Regardless, there are some spots of potential. I find it unlikely that Mike Sherman or another godawful hire like that is going to be the guy who brings it out.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Morris caught on as the DB's coach in Washington.

Regardless, there are some spots of potential. I find it unlikely that Mike Sherman or another godawful hire like that is going to be the guy who brings it out.
If anyone actually knew how the Bucs operated, they don';t reveal or even let word get out to the media of there true intentions. Them reporting Sherman is back for a 2nd interview is a good thing in perspective.

And that goes to show you: A head coach caught on as a DBs coach. Come on man.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:53 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Mike Zimmer or Rich Bassacia is the coach they need, and since Zimmer is the only known candidate to interview, they better not let him out of there sights.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You say whatever you need to say in order to feel better about it, but the fact that Sherman is even receiving consideration of any kind leads me to believe the eventual hire, even if it's not him, will be incredibly underwhelming.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-opportunity/

Fire Cam, hire Hue?

I'd hope so if I were a Ravens fan. They aren't winning a Superbowl with Cam Cameron there. (Shut up.)
Old 01-25-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You say whatever you need to say in order to feel better about it, but the fact that Sherman is even receiving consideration of any kind leads me to believe the eventual hire, even if it's not him, will be incredibly underwhelming.
It very well could, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions either. The Glazers history when it comes to coaching searches and hires, is they never tip there hand and are very tight lipped.

Adam Shefter, even after the Kelly spurning the Bucs, believes Sherman still will not be the top choice, even though he was announced as the 1st candidate to recieve antoher interview.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footb...aneers/1212183

Mike Sherman has 2nd interview with Bucs, may be in the lead for the position

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jack Del Rio could land in Denver
Old 01-25-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Jack Del Rio was a guy I thought might migrate back to Baltimore if Chuck Pagano gets the Colts HC job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
This would definitely help cure the loss of Allen IMO.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Amid reports that former Green Bay coach Mike Sherman is a finalist for the Tampa Bay job, the buzz around Mobile is Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski will get a second interview with the Buccaneers.
Chudzinski is in Mobile with the rest of the Panthers' staff, but has been unavailable for comment.
Better option than Sherman.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy
Old 01-25-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-opportunity/

Fire Cam, hire Hue?

I'd hope so if I were a Ravens fan. They aren't winning a Superbowl with Cam Cameron there. (Shut up.)
Dear god, dreams do come true. Hue Jackson would be spectacular as a new OC. He did good work with the offense when he was here, and he did good things for Oakland's offense this year as well. I'd absolutely love the hire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Dear god, dreams do come true. Hue Jackson would be spectacular as a new OC. He did good work with the offense when he was here, and he did good things for Oakland's offense this year as well. I'd absolutely love the hire.
Just make sure he doesn't have the power to trade for Carson Palmer and you should be set.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFT is saying Chuck Pagano is the next Colts HC.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Interesting hire. Sort of unexpected. I'm a little iffy as he only spent one year as coordinator and now is going for the head job.

Could be worse though. Better than Sherman or Chilly.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder whether they'll go to a full time 3-4 now. I have no idea about Pagano's defensive roots though.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
I wonder whether they'll go to a full time 3-4 now. I have no idea about Pagano's defensive roots though.
He's mostly worked with secondary. Used to coach Raiders secondary in mid-oughts.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
He's mostly worked with secondary. Used to coach Raiders secondary in mid-oughts.
Rob Ryan guy? So they are going full time 3-4 I presume.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The complete opposite of this almost happened...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Apprently, rumor has it Hue Jackson, the top Off. Coordinator candidate out there, could be heading to Indy as he's worked with Pagano in the past. Probably won't pass up the opportunity to coach Andrew Luck.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They were together for like a year. Hopefully they don't hire Hue. Cam Cameron to Indy.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They were together for like a year. Hopefully they don't hire Hue. Cam Cameron to Indy.
2 years in Baltimore. I think Jackson going to Indianapolis is a better opportunity for him. He'll get to work with Manning/Luck, and get a chance to develop his reputation as a HC candidate again in a year or 2.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

While other teams are filling out there coaching staff, I wonder what the Bucs are even doing?

Maybe they'll put 10 guys names into a hat and pick the new coach that way.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Jason LaCanfora: Tampa is the last head coach vacancy. Mike Sherman meeting w/ Bucs again today. Many in league expect he'll be the guy there

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote