Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I literally posted that 7 minutes ago. When it was "reported" before there was nothing concrete from Arrowhead/The Chiefs. Now there is.

And Chan Gailey has apparently been fired too.
I'll wait for confirmation from Orchard Park before I accept this.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I literally posted that 7 minutes ago. When it was "reported" before there was nothing concrete from Arrowhead/The Chiefs. Now there is.

And Chan Gailey has apparently been fired too.
Well I cant respond quickly thanks to someones damn malware!! grrrrrr

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
That's why I said apparently.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
RAC has been officially fired.

From Clark Hunt:

HE will begin the search for the next HC, HE is still reviewing the football operation side, and HE was the one who spoke about the firing of RAC. Pioli is anything but safe. Clark just needs to do the right thing here.
I don't think Scott has spoke a word publicly since the whole Belcher thing.

Not that it has anything to do with this just something I was thinking about the other day. I haven't seen him at any of the games or heard or read anything from him.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised to see Lovie Smith fired. I'm not sure if it is the wrong decision but just surprised the Bears moved on it. Also, it's funny that they could of had the same record and the Vikings lose and they get into the playoffs and he likely would not have been fired after a round 1 exit.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I don't think Scott has spoke a word publicly since the whole Belcher thing.

Not that it has anything to do with this just something I was thinking about the other day. I haven't seen him at any of the games or heard or read anything from him.
They showed a picture of Pioli at the Denver game yesterday iirc.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They showed a picture of Pioli at the Denver game yesterday iirc.
I shut it off.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-buffalo-bills

Old 12-31-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I was joking.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty suprised Lovie got fired. There's a job a lot of people would probably love to get.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you believe Marvin Lewis is among the longest tenured coaches? He really does just enough to manage to keep his job. Zero playoff wins since 2003.

New coach hirings is always fun. Should be a good couple weeks. Some big jobs this year.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I'm pretty suprised Lovie got fired. There's a job a lot of people would probably love to get.
New GM who never hired Lovie. I thought he would be gone without making the playoffs.

That's what I don't get about letting Rex stay. I kind of think he deserves one more year, but with that roster what do they expect him to do? They'll have a a new GM who will want to hire his own guy. And when they don't make the playoffs again Rex will go. And they'll have lost out on a year of development with a new coach.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Angelo doing what we all thought he wouldn't do. I could see them promoting Dave Toub to save money.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I shut it off.
Well, at least you didn't throw something at the set. I really wanted to.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Lovie has a HC gig in 2012??
Seems like a good fit IMO for the Chargers or the Cards.
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
I was joking.
Not allowed. We are all very serious here...

Old 12-31-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
New GM who never hired Lovie. I thought he would be gone without making the playoffs.

That's what I don't get about letting Rex stay. I kind of think he deserves one more year, but with that roster what do they expect him to do? They'll have a a new GM who will want to hire his own guy. And when they don't make the playoffs again Rex will go. And they'll have lost out on a year of development with a new coach.
I thought 10-6 would be enough. They could have made the playoffs doing nothing different if GB won. Then the exact same results dont get him fired.

Completely agree on Rex though. With this roster they're going to have the same kind of year. Sanchez isn't gonna get magically better. Unless they take a QB in the first round and start him. That'll buy Rex some time. But if Sanchez plays again the team will struggle again and its just a wasted year.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I thought 10-6 would be enough. They could have made the playoffs doing nothing different if GB won. Then the exact same results dont get him fired.
Two years in a row now the team flamed out the second half. I shouldn't be talking as a Giants fan, but Lovie doesn't have two rings on his finger to protect against these things.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

I think Bill O'Brien would be a great fit for the Bears.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Completely agree on Rex though. With this roster they're going to have the same kind of year. Sanchez isn't gonna get magically better. Unless they take a QB in the first round and start him. That'll buy Rex some time. But if Sanchez plays again the team will struggle again and its just a wasted year.
Right, and if you're going to get a new coach you might as well get his guy at QB. Leaving Rex around with roughly the #10 pick brings the possibility of a 1st round QB that the organization would be obligated to at least give a 3 year try to regardless if the hire a new coach or not. They should have let Ryan, Sanchez, and Holmes go and taken the bridge year. They could have sold it to their fans, and come 2014 they'd have a ton of cap space, potentially some solid cheap young players, and a high pick. Now they're going to keep Ryan around and they could to try and hold onto Keller, Landry, and Moore by doing whatever it takes cap wise like they've done in the past, in a vein attempt at making the SB which they're miles away from.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears want to interview Denver's OC Mike McCoy
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Mike McCoy being overrated a bit? I don't know a TON about him personally, but the main reason I always hear for him as being a great candidate is he adapted an offense to Tebow and won and adapted an offense to Peyton and won. I feel like he had to choice but to do that, in all honesty.

Particularly with Peyton, you HAVE to give him a large portion of control over the offense. With Tebow he just couldn't play in any other offense.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I agree with this. Now it's unfair to lump everything on top of Ryan for the Jets' failure, the GM and owner need to be widely criticised too, but he can't simply be immune to criticism. Ryan is a great defensive coach and motivator. However, he is a poor evaluator, especially offensively, and his team lacks discipline (not Lions' ill-discipline but not too far away).

If Ryan is kept it has to be under the proviso that a strong GM comes in and is the decision maker. He must also bring a good offensive guy with him. Take the personnel decisions off Rex and let him coach up the defense and motivate the team. That he would be good at, but as a HC with full responsibilities I believe he is out of his depth.
I agree with this. If Ryan stays (I knew Woody just said he would, but Mangini was supposed to be safe too and they just cancelled Rex's presser today) they have to bring in a GM who will make personnel decisions and an offensive coordinator who can completely handle that side of the ball. Leave Rex to the defense and let that be it.

As a Jets fan, I still think it's time for him to go. The one thing I will say is that I think the defense has been good largely through smoke and mirrors. It hasn't been great, but they were a strong unit this year without Revis. Still don't have a pass rusher, aside from Landry this year they haven't had much at safety the last couple of years. If you look at personnel alone the unit should be pretty weak. So if you can still get the quality defense without too many stud players on that side of the ball but find a coach who can take care of the offense and a new QB, I think the team could be successful. I just think at this point the organization needs a fresh start.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Is Mike McCoy being overrated a bit? I don't know a TON about him personally, but the main reason I always hear for him as being a great candidate is he adapted an offense to Tebow and won and adapted an offense to Peyton and won. I feel like he had to choice but to do that, in all honesty.

Particularly with Peyton, you HAVE to give him a large portion of control over the offense. With Tebow he just couldn't play in any other offense.
Exactly why I haven't been on the McCoy train.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Munchak is being retained by the Titans. Yipee